Justice League [DC]

News updates and discussions on new releases and old faves. Also check out the database to find all your favourite movies!
Oscar Nominee
Cash on hand: 47.50
Bank: 1,571,987.60
Mood: Cool
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 6:06 pm
Superman Homepage wrote:Will Darkseid be the Main Villain in a Justice League Movie?

LatinoReview.com claim to have discovered who everyone pretty much thought would be the big villain of the "Justice League" movie reportedly set to be released in 2015.

"Yes folks, Darkseid. The supreme monarch of the planet Apokolips and the greatest threat to the DC Universe.

It's kind of obvious if you really think about it. I mean for Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern, and others to come together in a summer tentpole movie to face a threat, well, that threat better be planetary. Who were you expecting? Lex Luthor?"

It isn't stated how they know this or who their source is, but it does seem pretty obvious that Darkseid would be the choice villain to unite the biggest superheroes of the DC Universe. It's what Geoff Johns did for his New 52 relaunch of the "Justice League" comic book.

Back in June Variety reported that Warner Bros. had hired "Gangster Squad" script writer Will Beall to write a Justice League movie. It's speculated that Warner Bros. are scouting around for a director, while they wait to see how "Man of Steel" performs at the box office before giving "Justice League" the green light.

Might as well call this "Man of Steel 2 with Friends" considering Darkseid is a Superman villain. ;)
Oscar Nominee
PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 10:31 pm
Worst Previews wrote:Which Superheroes Will Appear in "Justice League of America" Movie?

CosmicBookNews has learned that the upcoming "Justice League of America" movie will bring back Henry Cavill as Superman and Ryan Reynolds as Green Lantern, who will join Batman, Wonder Woman, Flash, Martian Manhunter and Aquaman.

The site also says that Alfred Pennyworth and Lois Lane will also appear in the film, and confirmed an early rumor that Darkseid will be the main villain. "Man of Steel" director Zack Snyder is supposedly consulting in the writing of Superman in "Justice League."

According to previous rumors, Joseph Gordon-Levitt may play Batman in the movie, which will be based on a comic storyline from 1980. In the comic, Darkseid is planning to destroy Earth and put his home planet of Apokolips in its place.

Hey guys! First post back for the new year. :D

This film just sounds so rushed... From what I can see Ryan Reynolds 'Green Lantern' isn't even universally matched with Nolan's super reality world, it's also obvious we won't see Christian Bale back as Batman either. WB should just start from scratch with Superman or vice versa with the Nolan trilogy and go one film at a time. Only then you can have a "Worlds Finest" film before JLA.

Only one request for this film. Michael Rosenbaum as the Flash. :P

Oscar Nominee
PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 11:33 am
TMT wrote:Justice League Has its Lineup

Our scoopster brethren at Latino Review, led by the disciple El Mayimbe, have the roster for Justice League, Warner Brothers' scrambled attempt at having themselves an Avengers-level hit. Going up the same summer as The Avengers 2 if they get their crap together (and sweet baby Jesus is that questionable) since there is still no director, greenlight or even an idea if this plays into The Man of Steel or does their own thing; new cast, continuity and all.

Ironic they blew the opportunity to be first out the gate with George Miller's Justice League: Mortal five years. Nobody was for it, save the people making it obviously, costs were through the roof, the Australian government was giving them grief over tax rates and Christopher Nolan was, shall we say, not too keen on stepping over his toes whilst his Dark Knight trilogy was active. Even took a dinner meeting with Bryan Singer while he was still steering Superman; a meeting of the minds, if you will, about how to avoid the incoming damage it would have inflicted. Needless to say it didn't happen and everyone, with good taste, was happy.

Cut to so many years later and here we are with the studio pushing ahead once again. Whether or not we, or their own people (*Cough*Zack Snyder and Christopher Nolan*Cough*), approve. Anyway, here's the lineup:

Superman
Batman
Wonder Woman
Green Lantern
The Flash

There's room for maybe cameos from walking-joke Aquaman and Martian Manhunter. If this happens for 2015 (Not holding my breath; nor should you), they'll save a couple of bucks and reuse stuff cooked up for Justice League: Mortal like costumes, production design and even more set-pieces. Same as how they carried over work from Superman: Flyby for Man of Steel.
Oscar Nominee
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 10:01 am
TMT wrote:WB Waiting Till "Man of Steel" Opens to Not Make Justice League

Said too many times, on the Twitter, in posts here, on Movie Moan, in everyday conversations with my geek brothers Justice League wouldn’t drop for summer 2015.

Eventually? Sure.

Ready in two years? Not in your life, buddy.

Buried in a post on the ramifications of a new Warner Brothers CEO, Variety offers up this update. They're waiting for the outcome, commercial and critical, of Man of Steel, before pulling the trigger on Justice League. That still doesn't leave enough time, especially if they're dragging their feet as they appear to be. No sign of a director (Chatter suggests Episode VII rejects being eyed) and even the Will Beale script is in question following the failure of Gangster Squad and Ben Affleck inadvertently implying to HitFix his drafts were tossed.

My prediction? A writer is officially hired to pen the Superman sequel before it opens and in event that takes off (I think it will), the talk will be all on said follow-up for 2015 instead. And Justice League gets thrown to the back-burner and everyone is happy. Or I'm dead wrong and we get the damn movie in two years.

Looks like momentum is somewhat shifting for the "Man of Steel" sequel to go ahead instead. Good. Its for the better. ;)
Oscar Nominee
PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 5:04 pm
Worst Previews wrote:Mark Millar Says "Justice League of America" Movie is a Waste of Money

Mark Millar, the creator of such comic books as "Wanted" and "Kick-Ass," was recently hired by 20th Century Fox to oversee their superhero properties. Now, in an interview with Sci-Fi Now, Millar commented on Warner Bros' upcoming "Justice League of America" movie, stating that it's a waste of money.

"I actually think the big problem for them is the characters are just too out of date," he said. "The characters were created 75 years ago, even the newest major character was created 68 years ago, so they're in a really weird time. The actual logistics of each member of the Justice League is disastrous, and you put them all together and I think you get an excellent way of losing $200 million."

Millar went on to say that he was a huge fan of the DC comics, but doesn't believe they can translate well to the big screen. He pointed out that Green Lantern's power is silly and that fight sequences usually consist of the character manifesting weapons from a distance. "The best one is definitely Aquaman," he continued. "Aquaman can't even talk under water. In comics it's fine, you just have a speech balloon, but how do you have Atlantis and people talking under water? Are they gonna talk telepathically?"

Just disappointing when you think about what he says...
Oscar Nominee
PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 3:07 pm
TMT wrote:JLA One Step Closer to DOA

Badass Digest reports, what Ben Affleck, in a read-between-the-lines fashion, said to HitFix a few months ago. The Will Beale drafts for the Justice League movie are toast. Conflicting whispers from their sources indicate where it's headed. Whether it gets made or not, there is only one destination at this juncture. Purgatory.

It was just last week we reported on Warner Brothers' decision to cease work and wait to see how The Man of Steel does first. OK fine. That just means the 2015 release date the studio penciled in is off the table. There will still be those who insist it could still make that date and this setback doesn't mean anything. Don't listen to those people.

In its place more likely than none, you'll see a Superman follow-up from Zack Snyder instead. Probably hear about someone commissioned officially to write it too. I hate sounding like a broken record.
Oscar Nominee
PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 6:15 pm
Worst Previews wrote:"Justice League of America" Movie Won't Happen Until 2020?

Warner Bros has been trying to make a "Justice League of America" movie for many years. There's already a script by Will Beall (Gangster Squad) and the plan has been to release it in 2015. Apparently things have changed.

The studio said numerous times that it will not invest $200 million in "Justice League" if "Man of Steel" underperforms at the box office. They already have to worry about finding a new actor to play Batman and the fact that Ryan Reynolds' "Green Lantern" bombed isn't helping the situation.

Now comes word that Warner Bros has plans for different outcomes. If "Man of Steel" is a box office disaster, then the "Batman" reboot will become a priority. If "Man of Steel" is a hit, then the studio will complete the trilogy within the next seven or eight years before rebooting "Batman."

Both scenarios leave "Justice League" on hold until at least 2020, since Warner Bros is worried that a bad "Justice League" film could hurt their Batman and Superman franchises.
Oscar Nominee
PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 6:29 pm
Latino Review wrote:EXCLUSIVE: The DCU Takeover & HUGE Developments on ‘Justice League’

Ok, DC fanboy nation. Here is the story you have been waiting for.

Over the weekend, on a cold Saturday afternoon, I went into Brooklyn to drop in on @da7e and shoot our latest video blog. We were looking for a comic book store to shoot in front of, but because of the sensitivity of the information, we didn’t want an overzealous fanboy spying on us as we shot and running away to leak our scoop on a forum or another site. DC headquarters located on 1700 Broadway was also out of the question because of the noise factor. So we went up to the rooftop and I think it worked out quite well.

After quite the difficult and lengthy investigation, we got to the bottom of what is going on with The Justice League. Warners is trying really hard to keep what’s going on under wraps because naturally, they want all the focus to be centered on successfully launching Man Of Steel. That film is an integral piece of The Justice League strategy. By now I’m sure you all heard on the fanboy news circuit, as I been also saying for a while, that Man Of Steel is not only awesome action packed thrill ride, but the superhero movie to beat this summer. Warners is thrilled. How thrilled? Watch the video. :)

(It's Vimeo so here's the link) JUSTICE LEAGUE SCOOP

Closing Thoughts that I didn’t include in video:

- If you honestly think that Warners, especially with what they’re up against, aren’t going to move Heaven and Earth to try to make what I mentioned above happen, then you’re insane. They almost have no other choice.

- David Goyer: I couldn’t confirm his participation at press time, and it was holding up publishing the scoop. Hence, unconfirmed but my gut tells me most likely true. He is an important part of the equation and works quite well with this team. At the very least, he will most likely come up with a story. He has some other projects as a director he is trying to launch off the ground but like Michael Corleone once said, “Just when I thought I was out… they pull me back in!“

- World’s Finest: Again, unconfirmed. But certainly within the realm of possibility. Could we instead get just a team up between these two and then graduate to a Justice League movie? Anything is possible folks.

- Debunkers: Our track record with DC is impeccable. We broke Routh/Superman, Ledger/The Joker, the opening of The Dark Knight, etc., just to name a few. Remember, when we first broke that Goyer & Nolan were involved with Man Of Steel and Thomas Tull made a call over here to debunk us? So, um, how did that end up turning out? False? :)

Big news if true, and the "Man of Steel 2" thread I made a few days back could well be the "Worlds Finest" film that could be in the works, with Christian Bale returning as Batman! :mrgreen:
Cecil B DeMille Life Time Achievement
Cash on hand: 585.00
PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 4:59 pm
I really can't imagine there being any truth to the rumours that Christian bale will return as batman for the justice league movie. He's said many times he doesn't want to play batman anymore and I especially don't see how he could play batman considering the way Nolan ended TDKR - I can't see either of then ruining the integrity of the ending just for some mash up of super heroes where Nolan will only be producing at best. He wouldn't even let WB release TDKR in 3d so I dare say he won't let them ruin his ending.

As I've said before many times the idea of a worlds finest movie is infinitely better than a justice league one - WB get their crossover that they're so desperate for and with the characters that everyone knows and actually want to see on the big screen. It's a win win. They don't need Christian bale to make it happen, just a good screen writer and a dedicated director to pull it off.

Everyone is getting all excited for nothing because WB won't get this going for a while anyway, Nolan will likely have moved on to different movies by the time they decide to get serious about this.
Oscar Nominee
PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 3:40 pm
Worst Previews wrote:Christopher Nolan NOT Involved with "Justice League of America," "Man of Steel" Sets Up "Justice League"

About a month ago, Latino-Review said that its "sources" claimed that Christopher Nolan and Christian Bale were in talks to return for the "Justice League of America" movie. Unfortunately, as with all Latino-Review reports, the story turned out to be false.

Entertainment Weekly had a chance to speak to Warner Bros President Jeff Robinov and asked him if it's true that the studio is looking to bring back Nolan and Bale. "No, it's not," he said. Nolan's representatives also confirmed that Nolan was never involved with the project.

Meanwhile, "Man of Steel" producer Charles Roven revealed that the new Superman movie will set up "Justice League." "It's setting the tone for what the movies are going to be like going forward. 'Man of Steel' is definitely a first step," he explained. "Nolan's 'Dark Knight' series was deliberately and smartly positioned as a stand-alone. The world the films lived in was very isolated, without any knowledge of other superheroes. What Zack [Snyder] and Chris have done with this film is allow [the introduction of] other characters into the same world."

Superman is the first "Hero". As it should be. 8-) But to be honest I just want a good standalone Superman movie series. Oh well.
PreviousNext

Return to Movies