IT (remake)

News updates and discussions on new releases and old faves. Also check out the database to find all your favourite movies!

Golden Globe Winner
Cash on hand: 15.00
PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 8:56 am
Why remake it if they're just going to make another TV Mini-series? Fair enough it was a big-budget movie or something...but this sounds exactly the same.
[uf7][bf7][if7]Dollhouse[/if7] - Next Episode 'Vows' [/bf7][/uf7]
Buffy | Angel | Firefly | Dollhouse | The X-Files | Battlestar Galactica | Love My Way | Weeds | Six Feet Under | Twin Peaks | Dexter | Dead Like Me | Veronica Mars | Family Guy | Scrubs | Deadwood | The Wire | Desperate Housewives | Damages | 24 | American Dad | Skins | Rome | Arrested Development | 30 Rock | The Comeback |
Cecil B DeMille Life Time Achievement
Cash on hand: 0.00
PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 9:12 am
It would be good to see what they will do this time around. Especially at the end- there was no giant spider thing with flourescent lights in the book... That totally killed the miniseries for me.

Oscar Nominee
PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 9:22 am
...It's not really a remake if it's based off of a book.
PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 9:25 am
:lol:
True.
But I guess you could say it's a remake... A remake of a movie based on a book. :shifty:
Cash on hand: 585.00
PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 10:24 am
[quote:ce0698c9f6="Bataeu"] Especially at the end- there was no giant spider thing with flourescent lights in the book... That totally killed the miniseries for me.[/quote:ce0698c9f6]

Ive never read the book but i knew that there was something off about that ending, how did it end in the book?
Oscar Nominee
Cash on hand: 6,062.00
Mood: grooving
PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 11:03 am
[quote:7ce0eed715="AM47"][quote:7ce0eed715="Bataeu"] Especially at the end- there was no giant spider thing with flourescent lights in the book... That totally killed the miniseries for me.[/quote:7ce0eed715]

Ive never read the book but i knew that there was something off about that ending, how did it end in the book?[/quote:7ce0eed715]

I've read the book twice so I should remember this...

Firstly all the kids, now adults, meet up back in Derry. Pennywise immidiately welcomes them with a variety of nasty tricks. A childhood bully of the kids has grown up and is now in some sort of mental institute. Pennywise tells him how to escape. This guy goes to the hotel where the good guys are staying and tries to murder a few of them. This results with Eddie, who had a broken arm during the first battle with IT having his arm broken again in the same place, which tells everyone that history is about to repeat itself. Spoooky.
Down they go into the sewer, in the same formation as when they were kids. In the end it's a battle with a spider monster thing. The main character Bill does most of the fighting. Not just physical but a strange mental struggle too, as I remember it Bill finds himself flying through space, toward a large wall of some sort, and has to fight not to go through it or something.
It's all very strange.

In the movie I remember that the spider monster thing looked quite fake and it was a different battle to the book. But then I'm not sure you could translate onto the screen the exact ending.
There is just so much information in that book that can't be translated onto screen.

I really recommend that anyone interested should read IT. Don't be put off by the size of the book. There are a few wordy chapters with hardly any dialogue, but I'm telling you you'll be hooked enough to read it all.
It's much better than the movie.

I wonder who they would get to play Pennywise in the remake?

The remake of Carrie was crap, so I don't hold out much hope for the new IT.
Tony: "I'm not getting any reception. How about you?"
Ziva: "I'm braless"
Tony: "I noticed that earlier. But on your phone, they're called 'bars'"

NCIS :)
Oscar Presenter
Cash on hand: 533.50
PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 11:23 am
I too agree that the book is fantastic. I haven't seen the original movie, but I really can't imagine that any movie could really do justice to the creature.

As for the ending, if my memory serves me correctly, it was actually Richie that ended up winning the battle against It in the Ritual of Chud (Bill fought against it when they were kids though).
The user formerly known as Nahemah
[img92]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v515/nahemah/spikesig2.jpg[/img92]
Meme Me - My Shop
TV Babble - My Blog
PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 11:46 am
Yeah, the ending from the book would be hard to capture on film, but hopefully it will be better done this time around.
Cash on hand: 2,295.00
PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 8:07 pm
I wasn't aware there was an original! :lol: It must have been [i:6de33bc3e9]that[/i:6de33bc3e9] old. That said, I have read the book and count that as one of my fantastic reads ever. I am keen to see how the movie pulls of such a complex and frightening story. Would a movie finally do justice to a stephen king book? None of his previous movie adaptions ever pulled that off.
[img75]http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a6/dtw/front.jpg[/img75]
Emmy Nominee
Cash on hand: 30.00
Bank: 0.00
PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 1:18 pm
I have tried numerous times to read stephen king and always get lost and bored. Would these be a good one to attempt to read since I havent tried in the last 10 years or so.
PreviousNext

Return to Movies