IT (remake)

News updates and discussions on new releases and old faves. Also check out the database to find all your favourite movies!
Oscar Presenter
Cash on hand: 533.50
PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 1:43 pm
'It' is my favourite Stephen King book (although I've only read a handful). I'd definitely encourage you to give it a try Sharky. I particularly enjoyed this one because it was not just a horror novel, but dappled with fantasy as well.
The user formerly known as Nahemah
[img92]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v515/nahemah/spikesig2.jpg[/img92]
Meme Me - My Shop
TV Babble - My Blog
Screen Actors Guild Winner
Cash on hand: 1,350.60
PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 5:24 pm
Ugh, not another remake! I loved the original and I remember very well this movie scared me crap when I was a little boy and had nightmare! :lol:
Screen Actors Guild Winner
Cash on hand: 1,350.60
PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2006 1:50 pm
My mum has lots of books by Stephen King and told me that Pennywise is, apparently, female? In the book at ending, it has lots of eggs everywhere in the cave yet none in the movie.
Cecil B DeMille Life Time Achievement
Cash on hand: 17,358.30
Bank: 0.00
PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 3:07 pm
I rewatched the original today and had been a fan of it since it was on TV back in 1990, never read the novel so I thought i'd read up on the novel and the remake. went to IMDB and there was a certain thread on one part of the novel that was quite odd.

apparently in the novel, Beverly had an orgy with all of the losers club! what the?!? it was said it was in the sewer and was Bev's idea to get them closer together or something. not only that, there was some sort of other back stories including a 'gay' one with Henry Bowers having other guys/kids touch his wang! and one of those kids was even more messed up then Henry.

glad they kept all of that out of the movie, plus it was made for TV anyway. what else did the movie leave out? Im sure there would have been some swearing. haven't read the novel or any novel in more then 10 years but reading about it on the net makes me wanna read it for curiousity. what was Stephen King thinking?

I hope with this remake they keep it close to the novel but not that close. apparently the remake is gonna be set in the 80's and not the 50's like the original movie. I love the original but those will be some big red shoes to fill, Tim Curry was both scary and funny. he did an excellent job. I would also like to see more on the history of Pennywise, he only turned up every now and then to terrorise the kids.

heres the news, which is almost a year old though -

‘It’ Remake Will Be R-Rated, Gory, Terrifying

Writer Dave Kajganich vouches he will stay true to Stephen King’s book By Elena Gorgan, Life & Style Editor

Pennywise, one of the most terrifying clowns to have ever graced the screen, as inspired by the character with the same name in Stephen King’s novel “It,” will be coming back to slay innocent children again, thanks to Warner Bros. Moreover, writer Dave Kajganich assures fans via DreadCentral, Pennywise will do so in all the gory details, since the movie will aim for an R rating instead of the classic PG-13.

Usually, even horror movies shun the R rating, since it considerably limits their availability. However, given that this remake is based on one of the most popular horror television miniseries and books, it is believed that Warner is confident enough in Pennywise’s appeal to risk opening in fewer theaters than it would do with a PG-13 rating. Either way, this is nothing but good news for horror fans, since they will get to see the killer clown as never before, literally.

“The remake will be set in the mid-1980s and in the present almost equally – mirroring the twenty-odd-year gap King uses in the book – and with a *great* deal of care and attention paid to the backstories of all the characters.” Kajganich tells the aforementioned movie-oriented publication. “I think the real twist here is that my pitch to WB – which they’ve assured me they’re on board for – is that this will not be PG-13. This will be R. Which means we can really honor the book and engage with the traumas (both the paranormal ones and those they deal with at home and school) that these character endure.” the writer, who will also act as director, as Variety reported a short while back, adds.

As for fans worrying about how the remake will manage to do justice to King’s 1,000+ pages in a way that will not make them feel sorry for seeing the movie after reading the book, they needn’t worry, Kajganich stresses. “I plan to be very protective of the book. The reality, though, is that WB wants to do this as a single film, so I will have to kill a few darlings to make that happen. You have my promise, though, that I will do this with the utmost humility and respect for King’s work. He’s the King, after all, and I intend to continue to pledge to him my allegiance.” he explains.

All in all, fans point out, “It” is shaping up really nicely. A release date has not yet been set, but do keep an eye on this space for when it does.

http://news.softpedia.com/news/It-Remake-Will-Be-R-Rated-Gory-Terrifying-108867.shtml

I hope more recent news surfaces soon!
Last edited by Cyborg on Sun Apr 08, 2012 8:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Buffy Body Double
Cash on hand: 15.00
Mood: lost the plot
PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 1:34 pm
I'm not usually one to say this, but....
I'm looking forward to this.
The original is still a good miniseries, but was lacking a LOT that was in the book.
I wonder who they'll get to play Pennywise this time?
PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2016 1:54 am
well, after many years of talk of a movie being made there is finally progress!!

over the last couple months that have hired the cast and have started filming, release date for part 1 will be in September next year. they are going for a younger actor for Pennywise (Bill Skarsgård) which is a shame but the guy who got the role looks creepy enough. they are going to be filming it as a US R rated 2 parter, so we will get some more adult stuff from the novel. I believe this will be set in the 80s, instead of the 50s like the original TV movie.

here's a pic of 'The Losers Club'

http://www.liljas-library.com/img/other ... 210718.jpg

good casting for Ben Hanscom, no word on who will play the adult versions.

I can't wait!! :<
PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2016 11:00 pm
we have our new Pennywise -

looking forward to this one!
PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2016 4:23 pm
here's a new/better image -

not as good as the original but he does look the part.
PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 1:22 pm
finally our first look at IT -

THEY ALL FLOAT!!
Cash on hand: 6,802.50
Mood: Happy
PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2017 5:39 pm
Looks good! I must get around to reading the book before its out.
PreviousNext

Return to Movies