Remakes/Reboots (News & Rumours)

News updates and discussions on new releases and old faves. Also check out the database to find all your favourite movies!
Bafta Winner
Cash on hand: 77.50
Bank: 32,900.00
PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2014 6:25 pm
Collider wrote:Doug Liman in Talks to Direct VICTORY Remake for Warner Bros.

Fresh off rave reviews for his wildly entertaining sci-fi pic Edge of Tomorrow, director Doug Liman is adding yet another project to his docket. THR reports that Liman is in talks to helm a remake of the 1981 action film Victory, which takes place during WWII and revolves around an allied POW soccer team preparing for a game against the German National Team, all the while the French Resistance and British officers make plans for their escape. John Huston directed the original, which starred Sylvester Stallone, Michael Caine, and Pelé. The Warner Bros. redo already has Gavin O’Connor (Miracle) working on the script, and this is certainly an interesting choice of material for Liman—it’s described as a cross between Monuments Men and Miracle.

But first, Liman will next direct the Splinter Cell movie with Tom Hardy, which is poised for a 2015 release. He is also attached to direct an adaptation of the sci-fi children’s book Railhead, also at Warner Bros. Watch the trailer for the original Victory:

Hmmm.. How can you top Stallone and Caine! :lol: Anyway, this film would probably be released in time for the 2018 FIFA World Cup.
Formally known as SUPER-BLUR [2010-2013] and now known as KAL [2005-2010/2014-]
Cecil B DeMille Life Time Achievement
Cash on hand: 17,233.30
Bank: 0.00
PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2014 9:11 pm
Tony Jaa and Scott Adkins will face off in ‘Kickboxer’ remake

ACTION FILM ALSO STARS DAVE BAUTISTA AND GEORGES ST.-PIERRE

The "Kickboxer" remake just pulled in some next-level talent.

Directed by "Tai Chi Zero‘s" Stephen Fung, the 3D action film has added Thai muay thai master Tony Jaa and British martial artist Scott Adkins, according to The Hollywood Reporter.

Jaa gained international fame after starring in "Ong-bak" and "The Protector." He took a break to become a Buddhist monk, but is back making films, including his first American feature performance in "Fast & Furious 7."

Adkins has made a name for himself in the "Ninja" films, and appeared alongside original "Kickboxer" star Jean-Claude Van Damme in "The Expendables 2," "Assassination Games" and "Universal Soldier: Day of Reckoning."

“'Kickboxer' will display a style of acrobatic, rapid-fire martial arts action that Scott Adkins is increasingly becoming synonymous with,” producer Brian O’Shea said. “Along with Tony Jaa, 'Kickboxer' has compiled a talented cast to push the boundaries of the martial arts form.”

The film stars stuntman Alain Moussi as fighter named Kurt who heads to Hong Kong to watch his brother David fight in a tournament only to find that David has been murdered. Seeking revenge, Kurt faces off against or teams up with Jaa, Adkins, "Guardian of the Galaxy" star Dave Bautista and UFC welterweight champion Georges St.-Pierre.

"Kickboxer" is schedule to debut sometime next year.

hopefully it'll get a cinema release, Tony Jaa and Adkins are awesome!

http://www.hitfix.com/news/tony-jaa-and ... xer-remake
PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2014 2:33 pm
why must they reboot everything?! :roll:

I Know What You Did Last Summer rebooted!

A reboot of the ‘90s teen slasher sensation “I Know What You Did Last Summer” is in the works at Sony.

According to Deadline, “Oculus” screenwriters Mike Flanagan and Jeff Howard are writing the script for the film, which is expected to be a micro-budget thriller in the vein of the former. Neal Moritz, who produced the original film, will reprise his role here.

The original “I Know What You Did Last Summer” spawned two sequels, “I Still Know What You Did Last Summer” and “I’ll Always Know What You Did Last Summer”.

Fact that the new film is described as a ‘reboot’ suggests it might have some ties to the Jennifer Love Hewitt-starring films.

http://moviehole.net/201479960i-know-wh ... r-rebooted
Bafta Winner
PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2014 4:14 pm
Collider wrote:Warner Bros. Developing I AM LEGEND Reboot from Spec Script Described as “Sci-Fi Version of THE SEARCHERS”

Warner Bros. has long been keen to make another I Am Legend movie, but it proved a tough nut to crack and Will Smith is reluctant to return to the franchise. The studio may have found a way around all that. Deadline reports that WB will retrofit the spec script A Garden at the End of the World, written by Gary Graham, into an I Am Legend reboot. Graham worked at the Apple store when he submitted his script, described as a “sci-fi version of The Searchers,” to the Black List website. Warner Bros. took notice and saw enough similarities that they recruited Graham to rewrite A Garden at the End of the World to fit the I Am Legend universe.

It is not specified how Graham’s new script will link to I Am Legend or when in relation to the apocalypse the new film is set, but there are no plans to bring Smith back. Original I Am Legend producers Akiva Goldsman, James Lassiter, and Joby Harold will return to produce the I Am Legend reboot alongside Roy Lee (Oldboy) and Brooklyn Weaver (Out of the Furnace).
Bafta Winner
PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2014 8:46 pm
Worst Previews wrote:Jean-Claude Van Damme Joins Reboot of His "Kickboxer" Film

It was recently reported that the upcoming "Kickboxer" reboot will star Dave Bautista (Guardians of the Galaxy, Alain Moussi (X-Men: Days of Future Past), Georges St Pierre and Tony Jaa.

Now comes word that Jaa has been forced to drop out due to a scheduling conflict. And the actor hired to replace him is Jean-Claude Van Damme, the star of the original film.

"Kickboxer" follows Kurt Sloan (Moussi), a talented martial artist who travels to Thailand where he must learn the secrets of the kickboxer to avenge his brother's death at the hands of Tong Po (Bautista). Van Damme will play a new version of Master Chow, who teaches Sloan the art of the kick. (Dennis Chan played the part in the 1989 original.)

The new film will begin shooting this week in New Orleans before moving to Thailand. John Stockwell (Into the Blue, Turistas) is directing.

More of a distant sequel than a reboot...
PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2015 1:45 am
apparently 1999's She's All That is getting a remake!!

must they remake everything, is it that outdated? is there anything new they can add to the table? NO

http://moviehole.net/201588215shes-all-that-too
Oscar Winner
Cash on hand: 10,923.30
Mood: not sure
PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2016 5:46 pm
Steven Spielberg has made a movie for Roald Dahl's the BFG

Here's the trailer->
PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 3:43 pm
The Matrix is getting a reboot... already!

not sure if it's a complete cashgrab... I mean, reboot or if it'll have a connection to the original trilogy or even if Keanu will cameo but there is no point in rebooting it, everyone knows what the Matrix is! no point in starting from scratch, be a part reboot part sequel with a new lead.

they are looking to get Michael B Jordan for the lead, so that would rather someone young then?!

look at John Wick, Keanu can still kick ass! there was a bunch of names thrown out there when the original 99 classic was being cast before Keanu was cast as the lead, Will Smith was one of them. get him! you were gonna go with him anyway.

putting this in the Remake/Reboot thread for now, who knows if this will ever be made yet.

http://moviehole.net/2017113608theyre-r ... cially-old
Cash on hand: 6,290.00
Mood: Happy
PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 1:11 pm
Cyborg wrote:The Matrix is getting a reboot... already!

not sure if it's a complete cashgrab... I mean, reboot or if it'll have a connection to the original trilogy or even if Keanu will cameo but there is no point in rebooting it, everyone knows what the Matrix is! no point in starting from scratch, be a part reboot part sequel with a new lead.

they are looking to get Michael B Jordan for the lead, so that would rather someone young then?!

look at John Wick, Keanu can still kick ass! there was a bunch of names thrown out there when the original 99 classic was being cast before Keanu was cast as the lead, Will Smith was one of them. get him! you were gonna go with him anyway.

putting this in the Remake/Reboot thread for now, who knows if this will ever be made yet.

http://moviehole.net/2017113608theyre-r ... cially-old

I don't know what to think about this. If it is a direct remake of the first movie I probably won't see it but if it is something different I might give it a chance.
Previous

Return to Movies