Halloween (2018) [Sequel/Reboot #2]

News updates and discussions on new releases and old faves. Also check out the database to find all your favourite movies!
Cecil B DeMille Life Time Achievement
Cash on hand: 17,393.30
Bank: 0.00
PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2009 6:26 pm
thought I'd grab all the info I could find and put it here for those interested. Halloween 2 didn't do so well at the Box Office in America but that doesn't bother anyone, they'll still make more sequels for everything!! H2 is doing so bad in the US, it probably will be a straight to dvd release here!

'Halloween 3D' in Theaters by Summer of 2010

Thanks to our boy BC and his incredible hawk eyes for catching an article over at the LA Times that will make Michael Myers fans very happy. Apparently, Rob Zombie hasn't put an end to franchise as the Weinstein brothers are already planning a return to Haddonfield in 2010 with Halloween 3D. While Halloween II only opened at the #3 spot this weekend, had it not started a fist fight with The Final Destination, it would have easily taken the top spot and make over $30m. The Weinsteins knows this and are quickly making plans for a third film. Read on for the skinny and then talk about who you'd like to see take the reigns. Who could make Myers even better?

From the LA Times:

""Halloween II" may not have won the box office this weekend, but Weinstein Co. is taking a lesson from the movie that did as it prepares a sequel for next summer.

The independent studio's co-Chairman Bob Weinstein said today that the 3-D sequel, titled, appropriately enough, "Halloween 3D," is in development.

The investment it takes to shoot movies in digital 3-D has proved particularly lucrative for horror films. For "The Final Destination," this weekend's No. 1 movie, theaters with at least one 3-D screen earned 3.25 times as much as those that showed the movie in 2-D only, according to distributor Warner Bros. That's substantially higher than for other recent releases. The equivalent 3-D multiple for last month's "G-Force," for instance, was only 1.7 on its first weekend. For July's "Ice Age: Dawn of the Dinosaurs" it was 1.4 andm for June's "Up" it was 2.2. January horror flick "My Bloody Valentine" earned 6.4 times as much from 3-D theaters as it did from 2-D on its opening weekend.

Weinstein said Rob Zombie, who directed "Halloween II" and 2007's reboot of the 31-year-old horror series, won't return for "Halloween 3-D." He said the studio is in negotiations with a new director, whom he declined to name, who has experience in horror and has a "different take" on the franchise."

http://www.bloody-disgusting.com/news/17231

RUMOR: 'Halloween 3D' Director Name Being Thrown Around

I don't like to post rumors that we haven't checked out yet, but other websites are already reporting the rumor, so we might as well too. A reader by the name of "The Egg Man" e-mailed all of us claiming that they know who is directing Halloween 3D, which was just announced yesterday after a less than stellar opening weekend for Michael Myers. Read on to see what our reader has heard and remember to keep this filed under rumor until we confirm.

From THE EGG MAN:

"I figured I would let you in on a little info that came my way via my agent. I don't know if this is 100% accurate, but if it is, it wouldn't surprise me.

Word is, that the person who will be directing this next film, not only has horror experience, but also has experience with Michael Myers, and 3-D films as well.

I heard that Dimension is in negotiations with STEVE MINER to come back to the franchise. Steve directed Halloween:H20, as well as Friday the 13th parts II and III. Do whatever you want with this info. If you choose to use it, feel free to call me THE EGG MAN."

Well, we've got an e-mail out to Mr. Miner and will let you know what he says as soon as he returns. Miner also directed the Day of the Dead direct-to-DVD release from First Look.

The reason I DON'T believe this rumor is that I've been doing some heavy digging since it was announced and have learned that Dimension Films might have actually jumped the gun on the announcement, and still have yet to decide if they're doing it or not.

As always, we'll keep you posted, and remember RUMOR, RUMOR, RUMOR.

http://www.bloody-disgusting.com/news/17242

Patrick Lussier in Talks for 'Halloween 3D'

Since when does Variety jump on stories that aren't confirmed? I guess we're entering a new era. Bloody Disgusting caught up with My Bloody Valentine 3D director Patrick Lussier last week to confirm a rumor we were told that he was in talks for Dimension Films' Halloween 3D. He confirmed he WAS in talks, but it sounded like no definite plans were coming anytime soon, so we filed the story away until something more solid came in. We had also heard Alex Aja was in talks, but debunked that as quickly as we heard it. Fact is, we're also hearing the movie is far from greenlit, even though the Weinstein Company jumped on a 2010 date for Michael Myers' return to theaters. Hey, if they can get it going, all the power to 'em. What would you think of Lussier directing?

http://www.bloody-disgusting.com/news/17303

Writer and Director Confirmed for 'Halloween 3D'

Bloody Disgusting & Dread Central received confirmed word this evening that Patrick Lussier has officially signed the dotted line to direct Halloween 3D for Dimension Films. He'll be heading to Haddonfield with Todd Farmer, who will be penning the screenplay. The duo previously worked together on MY BLOODY VALENTINE 3D for Lionsgate, making them perfect candidates to bring Michael Myers to theaters in 3D. Shooting is scheduled for this fall. What do you guys think of the news?

http://www.bloody-disgusting.com/news/17425

'Halloween 3D' Postponed?

I was a big fan of Patrick Lussier and Todd Farmer's My Bloody Valentine 3D, and the announcement that they were going to tackle the next chapter in the increasingly convoluted Halloween series was music to my ears. But according to Nikki Finke, we might have to wait longer to see what they are going to bring to the table. Says Finke, "Bob Weinstein shut down H3D pre-production "because Bob just felt it was rushing too fast.". Indeed, I was a bit worried that the seeming rush to get the film in production would result in a compromised film (the same sort of rush didn't help H2 any), so this is actually good news. Let's just hope Weinstein doesn't change his mind and put the film into production while Lussier is busy on another film. Clink the link for more info. Finke also reports H2 will be back in theaters this Halloween for midnight screenings, which I think is- COW!!!

http://www.bloody-disgusting.com/news/17545
Last edited by Cyborg on Sun May 04, 2014 11:49 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Sopranos Mobster
Cash on hand: 0.00
PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 12:59 am
Just another horror franchise that will use the 3D gimmick and fail to use it to its greatest effect.
PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 1:15 am
Scout Taylor-Compton Talks Halloween 3D News

God bless the internet and YouTube! Anyone can sit down and have some fun telling the world what they think. When you or me do it we look like half drunk weirdo’s. When a celebrity does it we call it news. Either way this is a must watch video especially for all you that wish Michael Myers would make one last trip to Haddonfield...

Follow up:

While Dimension Films was announcing Halloween 3D last year, days after the lackluster debut of Rob Zombie's Halloween 2, before the whole H3D thing fell apart - where was "Laurie Strode" Scout Taylor-Compton? And what was she hearing about the project? Well, the actress tells her side in the below video of a video chat she recently held.

To make a long story short. Scout wasn't going to commit to a rush project. And if the film ever does come to fruition, she may consider it if the script is good. If it "sucks," then forget about it.

Check out the video below for all the fun details.

http://www.horrorbid.com/blog/blog1.php ... loween-3-n

won't do it if the script sucks, um...apparently she hasn't seen Halloween 2 (09) which she was in!
Last edited by Cyborg on Sun Jun 13, 2010 5:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cash on hand: 7,107.50
Mood: Happy
PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 10:52 am
Thank god. I hope something kills this awful remake franchise.
Buffy Body Double
Cash on hand: 15.00
Mood: lost the plot
PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 6:58 pm
I'm so glad Rob Zombie has quit on the Halloween films before this atrocity could be conceived.
Originally Rob didn't want to make a sequel to Halloween, but gave in and made it, which is not a bad thing.

Although I'm very happy he's decided to skip on part 3...

Haven't they learnt anything from the 80s? 3D horror films DON'T WORK!
PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2011 6:49 pm
been a while since I had added any news on the 3rd movie, heres what has happened with it so far -

Breaking Down HALLOWEEN 3D: Facts VS. Rumors

With the summer rapidly coming to an end, and fall approaching. One can only assume that 2012 will be here before you know it. And I for one can't wait for one movie in particular to arrive. October 26th, 2012 will mark the date that one of the most recognizable slashers is set to return to the big screen and his name is Michael Myers. In this article, I thought I would sort of recap everything that we know thus far about the upcoming Halloween 3D film.

The film is a sequel to Rob Zombie's Remake of Halloween II and the eleventh film in the Halloween series. The plot and cast of the film is unknown, but we do know that Patrick Lussier is on board to direct the third installment of the reboot, and Todd Farmer is writing the script. Originally it was thought that Steve Miner was attached to this project, but that has been proved to be false.

On September 25, 2009 Todd Farmer turned in the first draft of the "Halloween 3D" script. The company loved the script but production for "Halloween 3D" was shut down because the Weinstein's ran out of money just 4 days later on September 29, 2009.

Things were quiet for a while but then on April 6, 2010 Patrick Lussier revealed in an MTV interview that the "Fate of Halloween 3D depends on Dimension Films and timing." also stating, "We were ready to go with ['Halloween 3-D'] last year, and then [the studio's] situation changed, and then we weren't."

Things were starting to looking rather bleak at that point. I wasn't even sure if Halloween 3D would see the light of day, and I'm sure many of you felt the same way. But then rumors really began surfacing, some were proven to be fact and others are still up in the air - thus leading me to this next section.

It has been suggested on more then one occasion that legendary horror actor Tom Atkins will be cast in H3D. Atkins is said to play the role of a doctor who is trying to help Laurie Strode with her problems. [I would be playing] "a shrink in a mental hospital that Laurie [Scout Taylor-Compton] is in with a bunch of other girls who have been up to no good" added Atkins an interview with Fangoria, " I'm trying to help them find a way to the light."

Scout Taylor-Compton is also heavily rumored to return for the 3D version, initially she said "no" to the offer via Skype, because she felt early on that they were rushing things, and the only way that she would change her mind was if they could wow her with a script. But more recently, a fan asked Taylor-Compton about being in HALLOWEEN 3D via her Twitter account and she simply answered with a wink face ;) Does this mean that the scream queen may have changed her mind?

One additional name being thrown around, at least by IMDB - is Brad Dourif. The online movie encyclopedia has Dourif rumored to return to Haddonfield as Sherriff Brackett.

Now let's talk about the mask which seems to be another topic that has been brought up on more then one occasion. Because of the "clean" Michael Myers mask shown below in this Halloween 3D promo picture which has surfaced, it is believed that they will bring back the old version of the Myers mask instead of the Rob Zombie version which had a much rotted look. Speculation and interviews around the web seems to suggest that Patrick Lussier wants to base his film on John Carpenter's original film, which would explain why this early promo picture contains images of the original mask.

Back in April of 2010 Lussier explained in an interview with MTV that he and Farmer intended 'Halloween 3D' to be a natural extension of [Rob] Zombie's 'Halloween II,' while at the same time returning the franchise to its origins.

"The film that we wrote took place, like, the next frame after Rob's 'Halloween II' ended and immediately went into stripping Michael Myers back to his John Carpenter roots," Lussier said, referring to the creator of the 'Halloween' franchise. "That's what we did very quickly. And then you pick up the story a year later as Halloween rolls around again. Everybody's back in the fray. That was our goal."

Lussier and Farmer also conducted an exclusive interview which was posted on Dread Central back in Feburary 2011. "I love the script we wrote" stated Farmer, "we wrote something that respected what Rob did, but we wanted to take it back to more of a John Carpenter feel, and we love it. But right now Bob (Weinstein) wants to concentrate on others things. The idea was to start it where Rob had left off and open the journey then to more of 'The Shape' and the mysterious and the prick that Michael Myers is known to be."

Lussier added, "The concept is to complete Rob’s journey and then very quickly take it back to the root of what Carpenter created in 1978 and of how fun it was to see that movie when you were a kid. The thing about Michael in Carpenter's movie is that he doesn't make sense, and he is clearly from a family which was perfectly normal, and he is a 'blank,' which makes him far scarier. With Zombie’s Halloween, it was, 'I'm not surprised that guy's turned out to be a serial killer.' With Carpenter, it was, 'How did that guy turn into a serial killer?' If he did, anyone can, which is really scary."

Several months ago our very own Justin Swarens talked with FX mastermind Wayne Toth regarding the famous rotted "Michael Myers" mask that he created for the Rob Zombie remakes. And Toth indicated at the time of their conversation that he hadn't been approached yet to create another mask. Whether or not this changes remains to be seen, but it certainly can shed a little more light on Lussier's "so called decision" to go back to the classic mask style.

So there you have it, which should bring you up to date on this whole Halloween 3D soap opera. Keep checking back here on HorrorBid for more updates, because I'm sure they'll be plenty more news to report on H3D in the near future.

H3D hits theaters on October 26, 2012.

http://www.horrorbid.com/forum/viewtopi ... 79&t=15712
PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 3:19 pm
Michael Bay has now got his hands on the Halloween franchise

They redid Freddy, Jason and Leatherface, was only going to be a matter of time before Michael Bay’s Platinum Dunes got their hands on Michael Myers.
Though it was originally rumoured that “Drive Angry” duo Patrick Lussier and Todd Farmer would be involved in the next “Halloween” movie (the first since Rob Zombie’s “Halloween II”, released 3 years ago), Bloody Disgusting says Platinum Dunes will actually be spearheading the next installment in the unstoppable horror franchise. Lussier and Farmer are no longer involved.

Says the site :

Word has it that Michael Myers’ return will not be in 3-D, nor will it instill the popular found footage model, which was originally being explored for the potential Friday the 13th sequel.

We’re hearing that Platinum Dunes is out to writers and directors, which could mean that – and as much as we personally love them – My Bloody Valentine and Drive Angry duo Todd Farmer and Patrick Lussier are no longer involved.

Platinum Dunes’ Brad Fuller and Andrew Form are responsible for remakes of The Texas Chainsaw Massacre, The Amityville Horror, Friday the 13th and A Nightmare On Elm Street, as well as originals like The Unborn and Horsemen. They’re in post on the futuristic horror Vigilandia, as well as developing the latest Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles adaptation.

http://www.moviehole.net/201253739-mich ... -franchise
PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2014 11:51 pm
things may be finally getting off the ground, nothing solid yet..

http://moviehole.net/201475901halloween-3d-resurrected
PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2015 11:21 pm
this is being rebooted again but going on a different path, a different story so no Lourie Strode.

it's a different story but it could very well be a Halloween 3, they are calling it Halloween Returns. which doesn't make sense if it's a reboot but sequels have never connected much in the past so I will keep the title as Halloween 3 for the moment. but this also could very well be a sequel to the original series, ignoring other sequels like Texas Chainsaw 3D did. this apparently is all set and will be filming soon.

http://moviehole.net/201591799exclusive ... -the-works
http://moviehole.net/201591878halloween ... -directing
PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2016 2:04 am
this new planned Halloween Returns movie has been cancelled! it's due to Miramax loosing the rights to the franchise after 20 years. I think they took too long to make a movie, I've heard companies have to make sequels or reboots to keep the names of franchises. this has happened before, they made a straight to DVD sequel for Hellraiser and a Children of the Corn prequel just so the companies can keep the name.

but this news isn't all bad, it was a Dimension and Miramax shared franchise. just like Newline Cinema and Warner Bros. so Miramax is going to shop around to other companies to sell to, so they could sell it to Paramount or Newline/Warner and we could possibly see a crossover in the near future like Freddy vs Jason!
Next

Return to Movies