Terminator 1-3

News updates and discussions on new releases and old faves. Also check out the database to find all your favourite movies!
Cecil B DeMille Life Time Achievement
Cash on hand: 17,218.30
Bank: 0.00
PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 6:45 pm
so, anyone gonna watch all 3 movies before 4 is released?
I know I am, real excited to watch them again!

I saw T3 in cinemas and will definately see T4 within a week of its release!

I have made a discovery that there are TOO MANY copies/versions of Terminator 2 on DVD here and
overseas! but sadly theres only 2 disc special editions for T1 & T3, no extended editions....yet.

for T2 theres -

- the original theatrical version barebones dvd (released when dvd players were released)
- 2 disc Ultimate edition/Special edition (R4 version only contains extended edition)
- single disc edition (R4 only, Extended cut, missing 2nd disc of features)
- 2 disc Extreme edition (R1 version contains both versions)
- theatrical blu-ray and hd-dvd versions (barebones)
- new Skynet blu-ray edition with 3 different versions and new features
- new Endoskeleton head edition (6 discs - special, extreme & ultimate editions)

Im sure theres a Laser Disc edition out there too!

before the extended version was released on dvd here, I remember Channel 10 playing that extended version and remembering seeing the new and extended scenes. I was real surprised, it was awesome. lately 10 have been playing the theatrical version without the onscreen violence.

I was curious about this 3rd extended version and I have found out that it has only an alternate ending with an old Sarah (which doesn't make sense anymore since they killed her off in part 3) and a scene with the T-1000 searching John's room which I found and posted below.
don't think it has been released in Australia.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WoNMXY32JPw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cig1x3ZOxAU
Last edited by Cyborg on Fri Apr 05, 2013 1:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 6:50 pm
for those who are curious, the new Endoskeleton head edition is
released here June 3rd as well as the new Blu-Ray Skynet edition -

[img:fd4c79ad2b]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v290/EbonP/2vwfh3q.jpg[/img:fd4c79ad2b]

[spoiler:fd4c79ad2b][img:fd4c79ad2b]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v290/EbonP/Terminator2Head1.jpg[/img:fd4c79ad2b][/spoiler:fd4c79ad2b]

http://www.ezydvd.com.au/item.zml/805841
http://www.ezydvd.com.au/item.zml/805833

http://www.dvdactive.com/news/releases/terminator-2-judgment-day4.html

Oscar Nominee
Cash on hand: 1,350.70
Bank: 629,402.00
PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 7:43 pm
[quote:46be2c2169="APM"]so, anyone gonna watch all 3 movies before 4 is released?
I know I am, real excited to watch them again!

I saw T3 in cinemas and will definately see T4 within a week of its release!

I have made a discovery that there are TOO MANY copies/versions of Terminator 2 on DVD here and
overseas! but sadly theres only 2 disc special editions for T1 & T3, no extended editions....yet.

for T2 theres -

- the original theatrical version barebones dvd (released when dvd players were released)
- 2 disc Ultimate edition/Special edition (R4 version only contains extended edition)
- single disc edition (R4 only, Extended cut, missing 2nd disc of features)
- 2 disc Extreme edition (R1 version contains both versions)
- theatrical blu-ray and hd-dvd versions (barebones)
- new Skynet blu-ray edition with 3 different versions and new features
- new Endoskeleton head edition (6 discs - special, extreme & ultimate editions)

Im sure theres a Laser Disc edition out there too!

before the extended version was released on dvd here, I remember Channel 10 playing that extended version and remembering seeing the new and extended scenes. I was real surprised, it was awesome. lately 10 have been playing the theatrical version without the onscreen violence.

I was curious about this 3rd extended version and I have found out that it has only an alternate ending with an old Sarah (which doesn't make sense anymore since they killed her off in part 3) and a scene with the T-1000 searching John's room which I found and posted below.
don't think it has been released in Australia.
[/quote:46be2c2169]

It should be on the R4 Ultimate Edition (both single disc and double disc versions) - forgotten how to get it to play (what menu) but you type in the Judgement Day date and it auto plays.

I remember seeing it filmed on a special years ago and wondering if we'd ever get to see it in full. I remember 10 played the 'special edition' once in the late 90's. But then they reverted back to the standard film (they only play the extended version once every few years... like the olympics).

I remember being surprised, they DID play the special extended edition earlier this year (minus the future coda ending). I noticed the difference, in that it wasn't in the standard aspect ratio that 10 usually play the film in... then i saw the added scenes (eg: Kyle Reese dream sequence) and thought AWESOME!

I do agree that T2 is one movie that was released, re-released and re-released over and over again :P. Sad thing is i have all copies released here locally (minus the blu-ray).

I will probably watch the movies before T4 comes out, i also saw T3 at the cinema (day of release :oops:). Clearly not the best, and felt it struggled in spots.... but i still loved it.

I'm worried moreso than before, i want to see more films and more exploring of the Terminator universe, doing so without James Cameron.... just doesn't seem right :?

How to access Future Coda ending:

Same method, but we don't get the full movie from memory (think it just plays the future ending).

There might be slight differences - eg: play movie instead of play special edition. Or it might need to be done in the scene selections menu, i havn't looked at it for awhile.

[spoiler]
Terminator 2: Judgement Day (1991)
Ultimate Edition (Regions: 1, 2, 4)
Various Bonus Features:
The hidden alternate version is 156 minutes. It contains the Future Coda ending and the cut of the movie is the special edition. To get to this third cut of the movie, click on "Special Edition" from the main menu. Highlight "Play Special Edition" and press 82997 on your remote. The words "The Future Is Not Set" will appear in the right hand portion of the setup screen and the left eye of the Terminator will light up. Now you can click on "Play Extended Special Edition". If this does not work try 8 enter 2 enter 9 enter, 9 enter, 7 enter to achieve the same effect. Or, press title 3 and it plays the hidden alternate version.
Cash on hand: 882.50
Bank: 3,905,233.20
PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 8:43 pm
I LOVE The Terminator films, not so much 3, it was O.K. But 1 and 2 are my favourite films of all time.

My friends and I will be having a marathon on one of my mates massive projectors the weekend before T4 is released. We're all quite looking forward to it.

BIG, BIG Terminator fan.

EDIT: - Oh also those scenes you posted are on the Ultimate Edition DVD, the future ending scene is an Easter Egg and the other one I'm sure is just a deleted scene.
PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 8:51 pm
[quote:520a4a9394="Xfactor"]Terminator 2: Judgement Day (1991)
Ultimate Edition (Regions: 1, 2, 4)
Various Bonus Features:
The hidden alternate version is 156 minutes. It contains the Future Coda ending and the cut of the movie is the special edition. To get to this third cut of the movie, click on "Special Edition" from the main menu. Highlight "Play Special Edition" and press 82997 on your remote. The words "The Future Is Not Set" will appear in the right hand portion of the setup screen and the left eye of the Terminator will light up. Now you can click on "Play Extended Special Edition". If this does not work try 8 enter 2 enter 9 enter, 9 enter, 7 enter to achieve the same effect. Or, press title 3 and it plays the hidden alternate version.[/quote:520a4a9394]
hey, your right! thanks, just tried it. the words came up but
the 2 scenes came up seperately in its own little menu.

Cash on hand: 10,108.10
PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 9:11 pm
Thanks Ryan.
PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 12:38 pm
[quote:81715229ee]I first remember being aware of geopolitics during the Cuban missile crisis. When I was 7 or 8, I found a pamphlet for fallout shelters on the coffee table in my family's house in Ontario, and I remember thinking, "What's this about?" I had the sudden sensation that my coddled existence was a facade. Something dark and terrifying lurked behind it.

I've been fascinated ever since by our human propensity for dancing on the edge of the apocalypse. So when I wrote the first Terminator outline around 1982, I was just working out my childhood stuff. It was also born out of the science fiction movies and literature I grew up with. For the most part, they were warnings—about technology, about science, about the military and the government. You couldn't escape those themes or the fear of nuclear holocaust.

Illustration: John Ritter
T4: Please Don't Suck
Full disclosure: We're on the fence about Terminator Salvation —the trailers look great, but McG as director? Really? Herewith, a few reasons to be hopeful ... and to be afraid, very afraid.

Cast
Pro Christian Bale is a rare breed: an A-list actor with total nerd cred. The Dark Knight. The Prestige. Equilibrium. Gun kata, baby!
Con Bale almost totally terminated T4's distracting director of photography.

Script
Pro Screen-writer Jonathan Nolan (Christopher's brother) of The Dark Knight, The Prestige, and Memento fame pitched in on the script.
Con So did TV scribe Shawn Ryan of Nash Bridges and My Two Dads.

F/X
Pro Industrial Light & Magic, the f/x house behind the butt-kicking bots in Transformers.
Con ILM also did Poseidon and The Fast and the Furious: Tokyo Drift—even the best CG can't save a bad movie.

Director
Pro In Charlie's Angels: Full Throttle, Joseph "McG" McGinty Nichol showed a facility with lively musical numbers featuring Cameron Diaz's rear end.
Con Wait, T4 doesn't have that?

Photos: (left to right): Getty; Transformer: Paramount/Everett
The idea of a hit man from the future trying to change past events was certainly not new. What I thought was cutting-edge was deciding to not have the Terminator be a guy in a robot suit. That's how it was typically done. But a flesh-covered endoskeleton? That was new. So for me it was all about how we could develop stop-motion animation and puppetry to create a true robotic endoskeleton. The team at visual-effects house Stan Winston Studio jumped into it and made it work.

Casting Arnold Schwarzenegger as our Terminator, on the other hand, shouldn't have worked. The guy is supposed to be an infiltration unit, and there's no way you wouldn't spot a Terminator in a crowd instantly if they all looked like Arnold. It made no sense whatsoever. But the beauty of movies is that they don't have to be logical. They just have to have plausibility. If there's a visceral, cinematic thing happening that the audience likes, they don't care if it goes against what's likely.

I don't think anything resembling The Terminator is really going to happen. There certainly aren't going to be genocidal wars waged by machines a few generations from now. The stories function more on a symbolic level, and that's why people key into them. They're about us fighting our own tendency toward dehumanization. When a cop has no compassion, when a shrink has no empathy, they've become machines in human form. Technology is changing the whole fabric of social interaction. We're absorbing our machines in a symbiotic way, evolving to become one with our own devices, and that's going to continue indefinitely.

I kind of turned my back on the Terminator world when there was early talk about a third film. I'd evolved beyond it. I don't regret that, but I have to live with the consequence, which is that I keep seeing it resurrected. I'm not involved in Terminator Salvation. I've never read the script. I'm sure I'll be paying 10 bucks to see it like everybody else.

Meanwhile, the original film was recently selected for preservation by the National Film Registry. So there's a good possibility that when the machines actually do take over someday, The Terminator will still be in existence. And the machines can have a good electronic laugh about that.
[/quote:81715229ee]

[url]http://www.wired.com/entertainment/hollywood/magazine/17-04/ff_cameron[/url]

A nice little article that talks about James' Camerons original thoughts for the terminator films, the casting of Arnold and little bits and pieces as to why he gave up after number 2.
PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 5:52 pm
I can't wait for the new Endoskull Blu-Ray pack, I wanna watch it now!!

heres a ad for the new Skynet Edition Blu-Ray -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V7mV9qJMNYs

heres the R4 artwork for the standard edition -

[img:fe01d3a94b]http://www.jbhifionline.com.au/productimages/MEDIUM/8270159.jpg[/img:fe01d3a94b][img:fe01d3a94b]http://www.jbhifionline.com.au/productimages/medium/426763.jpg[/img:fe01d3a94b]

I know only one person on this board cares about OFLC ratings (that person
knows who he is). anyway, it seems the new blu-ray has been re-rated for:

M - [u:fe01d3a94b]Violence[/u:fe01d3a94b] and Coarse Language

now in old days it was M for [u:fe01d3a94b]High Level Violence[/u:fe01d3a94b], Medium Level Coarse Language. now the swearing part I don't care about but don't you guys think that T2 was pretty damn violent for an M movie? especially with the T-1000 and his killing ways? High Level Violence was more descriptive.

just having the word [u:fe01d3a94b]Violence[/u:fe01d3a94b] in the rating makes it sound so....Tame, tame like a PG-13 movie tame. sometimes I think the OFLC don't even watch the really old movies, they just change it from low, medium, high to just violence. its misleading. theres plenty of action in the movie but they don't make it 'Action Violence', just violence!
PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 8:49 am
Is there any difference between this Ultimate Edition and the older Ultimate Edition? I just can't see how there can be ANY MORE FEATURES added to this film, I've watched the features on T2 back to front, I know what happened on each day of shooting for crying out loud....LOL.

I want the Blu-Ray Endoskull to but at $179.95 its too much to pay, I can't afford that right now :(
PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 1:28 pm
ryaneco wrote:Is there any difference between this Ultimate Edition and the older Ultimate Edition? I just can't see how there can be ANY MORE FEATURES added to this film, I've watched the features on T2 back to front, I know what happened on each day of shooting for crying out loud....LOL.

I want the Blu-Ray Endoskull to but at $179.95 its too much to pay, I can't afford that right now :(

not sure, they haven't really updated their site but I don't think theres
much difference. ultimate edition comes in a metal case but I think thats
it. the old release didn't have the theatrical cut on the 1st or 2nd disc so
it might contain the theatrical cut this time. the only extra features would
probably be on the blu-ray disc though.

but that skull is now listed as 'release date unknown' on ezydvd's site :x

http://www.ezydvd.com.au/item.zml/805841

EDIT - well looks like ezydvd's site says its not being released (no longer available) but
it seems JB HI-FI are now releasing it. not sure if its exclusive to them though.

its a pretty decent price at - $149 which is better then expected. their ad -

http://www.jbhifionline.com.au/Product/426942/TERMINATOR_2_ENDO-SKULL_(BLU-RAY)_LIMITED_EDITION
Next

Return to Movies