Ghostbusters (2016)

News updates and discussions on new releases and old faves. Also check out the database to find all your favourite movies!
Bafta Winner
Cash on hand: 77.50
Bank: 32,900.00
PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2014 8:26 pm
Worst Previews wrote:"Bridesmaids" Director in Talks for "Ghostbusters" Reboot, About Female Ghostbusters

Dan Aykroyd has been promising that "Ghostbusters 3" will happen for many years. Despite the fact that Bill Murray is not interested in reprising his role, Harold Ramis passed away and Ivan Reitman declined to direct the film, Aykroyd recently said that filming will begin early next year.

Now comes word that Paul Feig is the frontrunner to direct "Ghostbusters 3," which will be a complete reboot focusing on female Ghostbusters with a script written from scratch. The remaining members of the original cast will appear in the film, but in small roles.

Feig is best known for directing the comedy hits "Bridesmaids" and "The Heat." He's re-teaming with Melissa McCarthy for her latest company "Spy," which will be released next year.

Still a sequel but rebooting with new leads. Shame. :cry:
Formally known as SUPER-BLUR [2010-2013] and now known as KAL [2005-2010/2014-]
Cecil B DeMille Life Time Achievement
Cash on hand: 17,398.30
Bank: 0.00
PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2014 8:59 pm
what happened to the original cast returning?! they had scripts and the cast said they wanted to do it.

couldn't it be more like a spin-off with that chick from the first 2? the one Rick Moranis got with.
Bafta Winner
PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 7:58 pm
Superhero Hype wrote:Ivan Reitman on Why He Won’t Direct Ghostbusters

Earlier today, ComingSoon.net had a chance to talk with director Ivan Reitman about his underrated 2014 football drama Draft Day. Before the end of the interview, we wanted to throw in a quick question about Reitman’s 1984 movie Ghostbusters, which celebrates its 30th Anniversary this year.

Anyone who reads this site will be familiar with all the talk over the past few years about Sony Pictures wanting to produce a third installment and/or relaunch the franchise with a new cast, possibly even an all-female version under the guidance of Bridesmaids director Paul Feig.

We asked Reitman about his continued involvement with the project and some of the developments that have been going on, and he explained to us why he decided not to direct another “Ghostbusters” movie.

“I am very involved. I’m a producer of the film,” he told us. “I wasn’t giving it all up. I suddenly felt that Ghostbusters didn’t necessarily need me as a director, at least I didn’t need to direct Ghostbusters, let me put it that way. Having done the other two and with the passing of Harold and with Bill Murray seeming disinterested being in it, I thought it was better for me just to produce it and to make sure we’re going to have the quality and style of what is appropriate for another version of that film. But the franchise could benefit from somebody else’s point of view. I’ve done it twice before and it will be great to get somebody else to lend a hand as well.”

The original Ghostbusters, meanwhile, will be getting a 4K digital re-release on August 29 in theaters for the 30th Anniversary.

Fair enough. The first two are classics so its better it stays that way. 8-)
Bafta Winner
PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2014 9:55 pm
Worst Previews wrote:"Ghostbusters 3" is a Reboot, Director and Writer Confirmed

Director Paul Feig (Bridesmaids) just confirmed that he'll be directing the third "Ghostbusters" movie and has brought on his "The Heat" writer Katie Dippold to provide the script.

"It's official. I'm making a new Ghostbusters and writing it with Katie Dippold," he wrote on Twitter. "And yes, it will star hilarious women. That's who I'm gonna call."

Apparently the plan is to introduce an entirely new Ghostbusters team made up of women. The project is considered a reboot and will not be connected to the earlier movies. It's still likely that original cast-members will get cameos.
PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2014 10:25 pm
I think they should really make this a bit of both a sequel and reboot or even spinoff.

the originals recruiting newbies for the first 20 minutes and letting them deal with the work.
Bafta Winner
PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2014 10:55 am
Superhero Hype wrote:Bill Murray Talks Ghostbusters of Past, Present and Future

While the saga of a new Ghostbusters drags ever-onwards, Bill Murray has given a revealing interview to Variety about his reluctance to return as goofball scientist/phantasm exterminator Peter Venkman while hinting at being open to the reboot Paul Feig will direct.

“The studio gets really crazy about it,” Murray said. “What they really want to do is resurrect a franchise. The first one was a spectacular movie, one of the greatest movies. The second one was [makes an unimpressed sound]. It had some moves. It had a few good scenes in it. People say, ‘Bill, you could get so rich!’ I’m ok. I don’t look it, but I’m doing ok.”

Murray is also surprisingly–or perhaps not so surprisingly–candid about some of the treatments he’s read over the film’s decades-long development hell period, including by his old pal Dan Aykroyd… you know, the one he allegedly shredded and sent back.

“I read one that Danny wrote that was crazy bizarre and too crazy to comprehend,” Murray says, while also commenting on the draft that Gene Stupnitsky and Lee Eisenberg wrote for Ivan Reitman to direct. “It was kind of funny, but not well executed.”

Reitman has since dropped out of the race to make a third Ghostbusters after the death of Harold Ramis, although Murray supposedly “left the door open” to appear in the version Paul Feig and Katie Dippold are writing right now, potentially as a different character.

“Those guys, Danny and Harold, were at the top of their game,” Murray says of the original creators in 1984. “They were burning nitro at that moment. Unless you have a really clear vision, you’re always trying to recreate that.”

After completing three potentially big comedies, St. Vincent, Rock the Kasbah and the upcoming Untitled Cameron Crowe project, Murray hopes that he could be “sitting in a different chair in a year. If all three of these are as good as I think they are, it could be easy. I won’t have to think about ‘Ghostbusters’ all the time.”
Bafta Winner
PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2015 9:35 pm
Superhero Hype wrote:The Ghostbusters Reboot Cast and Release Date Revealed!

It’s official! Meet your new Ghostbusters! Paul Feig, the director of the upcoming reboot, just took to Twitter to reveal his new cast. Headlining the supernatural comedy are Kristen Wiig (Bridesmaids, The Secret Life of Walter Mitty), Melissa McCarthy (The Heat, Tammy), Leslie Jones (“Saturday Night Live,” Top Five) and Kate McKinnon (“Saturday Night Live,” Life Partners).

A remake of director Ivan Reitman’s 1984 comedy classic, Feig’s take on the property is said to be targeting a scarier tone that will not maintain any continuity with the original film or its 1989 sequel (or the surprisingly continuity-heavy animated series “The Real Ghostbusters,” for that matter).

Back in September, original Ghostbusters star Bill Murray revealed his own “fan cast” for a female-driven franchise reboot, which included both McCarthy (his St. Vincent co-star) and Wiig alongside Linda Cardinelli (“Freaks and Geeks,” “Mad Men”) and Emma Stone (The Help, The Amazing Spider-Man).

Plans call for Ghostbusters to shoot this summer in New York. Check back for further details on the production as they become available!

What do you think of this line-up? Is there anyone else you’d like to see sign on? Share your thoughts in the comments below!

UPDATE: Paul Feig has just announced via Twitter that Ghostbusters will be released on July 22, 2016. There, it will face off against Power Rangers and Guy Ritchie’s King Arthur. Sony Pictures has, meanwhile, tweeted the below teaser image!

I already knew this due to the Sony hack late last year but for frells sake!! I know what I'm going to do next year...

GO GO Power Rangers!!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2015 9:14 pm
interesting news, almost all of the original cast will be appearing in this film in some way.

First Dan Ackroyd was confirmed to make a cameo, then Bill Murray and now Ernie Hudson. even Annie Potts, the actress who played receptionist Janine in the original movies will now also be appearing in the new film (Confirmed).

they have been seen on set, they are said to be making cameos but what if that was a trick. maybe they are actually playing the same characters. to make it a surprise when it comes out to say it's a sequel or at least a sequel/reboot.

probably not the case though, Dan Ackroyd has been said he's playing a cab driver.
PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2016 6:29 pm
finally a Trailer! was meant to be released a month or so ago but I guess they had to think about it.

Im confused, theres no title at the end and just shows the logo. and it opens with text saying "30 years ago four scientists saved the world". if it were a reboot and not a sequel reboot then theres no need to reference those four scientists, it should be a fresh start so no need to reference things. just having the logo looks like they don't know what to call it, Ghostbusters or something else.

good trailer, funny in parts.
PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2016 12:37 am
an International Trailer with new footage -

thoughts? this is getting so much hate online!
PreviousNext

Return to Movies