Ghostbusters (2016)

News updates and discussions on new releases and old faves. Also check out the database to find all your favourite movies!
User avatar
Cecil B DeMille Life Time Achievement
Posts: 9376
Joined: Tue Jun 07, 2005 5:16 pm
Cash on hand: 90.00
Bank: 2,238,962.90
Location: Hobart
PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2010 11:58 am
Worst Previews wrote:Dan Aykroyd is Writing "Ghostbusters 3," Hints at Story

"Ghostbusters 3" has been in the works ever since the video game was announced. Since then "Year One" writers Lee Eisenberg and Gene Stupnitsky have been hard at work on the script. Unfortunately, "Year One" didn't do very well in theaters, causing Bill Murray to doubt whether it's worth making a third "Ghostbusters" film.

He then stopped answering his phone and eventually told everyone that he wanted to be killed in the first few minutes of the film. Dan Aykroyd didn't appreciate that attitude and tried talking some sense into his friend. Now, in an interview with VanityFair, Aykroyd revealed that everything is back on track.

"I think [Murray] was concerned that the writing on 'Ghostbusters 3' by [Eisenberg and Stupnitsky] would not be up to standard," he explained. "But I can tell you firsthand, I'm working on the script now and those two wrote Bill the comic role of a lifetime, and the new Ghostbusters and the old are all well represented in it. We have a strong first draft that Harold [Ramis] and I will take back, and I'm very excited about working on it."

Aykroyd went on to mention why new Ghostbusters are needed in the movie. He said: "[In 'Ghostbusters 3'] my character's eyesight is shot, I got a bad knee, a bad hip — I can't drive that caddy anymore or lift that Psychotron Accelerator anymore, it’s too heavy. We need young legs, new minds — new Ghostbusters; so I'm in essence passing the torch to the new regime, and you know what? That's totally okay with me."
Image
User avatar
Cecil B DeMille Life Time Achievement
Posts: 6116
Joined: Sat Jan 14, 2006 11:05 am
Cash on hand: 17,398.30
Bank: 0.00
Location: Adelaide
PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 7:20 pm
GHOSTBUSTERS 3 To Start Filming May 2011?

Can we just go ahead and call it GHOSTBUSTERS 3D? Because that is an obvious decision you know the studio will make. And to be quite honest its probably the right call for the comedy/horror film. Yes we don't hate all 3D films, just ones that obviously make no sense at all (cough, LEATHERFACE 3D...see story below)...

Coming out of camp Bloody-Disgusting at this early hour is a report from Production Weekly. According to PW Sony's Columbia Pictures is aiming at a May 2011 start date for GHOSTBUSTERS 3, which would place the film in a nice 2012 lineup for the company.

What do we know so far other than the constant hold ups and rewrites? Not to much at this point except the film has been rewritten by Dan Akroyd, who will obviously star as well. Bill Murray, Harold Ramis, Ernie Hudson, Rick Moranis and Sigourney Weaver are all set to be back. Yes, even Rick Moranis who has been in retirement since the passing of his wife some years ago. Very cool news indeed for series fans.

No solid details on the plot but we've heard rumors that a younger GHOSTBUSTERS squad will be brought in to help the old veterans in their fight to keep the streets of New York city free of ghosts. Now someone cue the familiar theme song please!

http://www.horrorbid.com/blog/blog1.php ... g-may-2011
User avatar
Cecil B DeMille Life Time Achievement
Posts: 9376
Joined: Tue Jun 07, 2005 5:16 pm
Cash on hand: 90.00
Bank: 2,238,962.90
Location: Hobart
PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2010 1:50 am
Worst Previews wrote:Anna Faris, Bill Hader, Will Forte in "Ghostbusters 3"?

Several sources have confirmed that "Ghostbusters 3" will definitely begin filming next year (likely in May) and Sony Pictures is already casting principal actors and extras.

FeatureFilmAuditions has learned that Anna Faris (Scary Movie) is already onboard for the third installment and What's Playing found out that Dan Aykroyd is looking at the "SNL" cast for some new recruits. The two actors being considered are Bill Hader and Will Forte.

At this point, the third draft of the script has been turned in and the release date has been set for Christmas of 2012.
Image
User avatar
Cecil B DeMille Life Time Achievement
Posts: 9376
Joined: Tue Jun 07, 2005 5:16 pm
Cash on hand: 90.00
Bank: 2,238,962.90
Location: Hobart
PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 1:32 am
Worst Previews wrote:Dan Aykroyd Confirms "Ghostbusters 3" Casting Rumors

Just a few days ago, we reported that Sony Pictures has started the casting process for "Ghostbusters 3" and has been in talks with Bill Hader ("SNL"), Will Forte ("SNL") and Anna Faris (Scary Movie).

Now, during an interview with WGN Radio Chicago, Dan Aykroyd confirmed that casting is going on and that both Hader and Faris are "strong possibilities." He mentioned that Bill Murray and Sigourney Weaver are definitely returning and that Eliza Dushku ("Dollhouse") is still in talks as well.

At this point, the third draft of the script has been turned in and the plan is to begin filming in May of 2011. "Ghostbusters 3" is tentatively set to hit theaters on Christmas of 2012.
Image
User avatar
Cecil B DeMille Life Time Achievement
Posts: 9376
Joined: Tue Jun 07, 2005 5:16 pm
Cash on hand: 90.00
Bank: 2,238,962.90
Location: Hobart
PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2010 3:06 am
Worst Previews wrote:Ernie Hudson Says Bill Murray May Delay "Ghostbusters 3"

Dan Aykroyd recently confirmed that the casting phase of "Ghostbusters 3" has started and that Bill Hader ("SNL"), Anna Faris (Scary Movie) and Eliza Dushku ("Dollhouse") are in talks to join the original cast.

Even though things are moving forward, there have been talks of Bill Murray stalling everything. Now, in an interview with Ernie Hudson, the actor confirmed that Murray is the reason why there hasn't been a third "Ghostbusters" movie yet.

"Dan [Aykroyd] and Harold [Ramis] are working on the script," he said. "If it happens we will see, but Bill [Murray] has been the hold up. His definition of 'good' is a little bit different than everybody elses. So we will see, I would love to see it happen. I know the fans have been asking for it ... so hopefully. Bill is a great guy, he is kind of quirky but I love him. He's a guy who is very much into what he's feeling. I know he really cares about his work, which is probably why there hasn't been another 'Ghostbusters' as of yet."

At this point, the third draft of the script has been turned in and the plan is to begin filming in May of 2011. But as Hudson said... "We'll see."
Image
User avatar
Cecil B DeMille Life Time Achievement
Posts: 9376
Joined: Tue Jun 07, 2005 5:16 pm
Cash on hand: 90.00
Bank: 2,238,962.90
Location: Hobart
PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2011 2:53 am
ComicBookMovie wrote:Ivan Reitman Talks Ghostbusters 3 Status

We've seen many rumors and stories about the status of the much-anticipated sequel. ComingSoon got an answer straight from the director about its status[/b]

We've all read the many rumors and articles on line regarding the status of the highly anticipated and much-wanted third film in the Ghostbusters franchise. At one point, it was rumored that the project was dead. Then it was back on and featured a rather "meh" story. Bill Murray even said the project was headed nowhere. It's been long-rumored that Bill Murray was the person holding the project up with his on-again-off-again attitude, as well as him essentially having the final say.

ComingSoon recently sat down with director Ivan Reitman, who has been promoting his latest film No Strings Attached. But they could not pass up the opportunity to ask about Ghostbusters 3. Here's how it went down.

CS: So, you know we have to ask you what's going on with "Ghostbusters 3," right?
Ivan Reitman:
[laughs] We have a really good script, but Bill (Murray) has to read it. He hasn't read it. There has been all kinds of chatter online about him reading it and not liking it. He has not read a thing. He's never read anything. And I just sent it to him. So we'll see. God knows how long that will take. But we'll see.

CS: There have been a ton of stories online. Lots of back and forth...
Reitman:
There is almost nothing that is accurate online about that film. Will you write that for me?

CS: I will!
Reitman:
There is nothing... I mean, all these stories... there has been a ton of stuff about casting, about who's in... none of it is true.

CS: The whole Sigourney Weaver thing about Venkman's son taking over and Bill Murray coming back as a ghost...
Reitman:
Oh, no, yeah... I mean, Sigourney Weaver has a role in this movie. All the original characters have parts. As well as a whole bunch of new characters... it's got a really good story, this one. Maybe the best of the whole series. I hope we get to do it.

That's good news for fans, knowing that everything we've heard is essentially garbage and has no base. Hopefully, Murray will like what he reads so they can get the ball rolling on this one. I know I'd love to see this group get back together for another film. Here's to hoping, right?
Image

TV Watcher
Posts: 2
Joined: Mon Jan 17, 2011 6:51 pm
Cash on hand: 55.00
PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 7:07 pm
Dan aykroyd should be in this period, he has been very active with paranormal and UFO related issues in real life and his father was the head of the paranormal society!
User avatar
Cecil B DeMille Life Time Achievement
Posts: 6116
Joined: Sat Jan 14, 2006 11:05 am
Cash on hand: 17,398.30
Bank: 0.00
Location: Adelaide
PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 9:00 pm
with Harold Ramis now passed away and Bill Murray originally not wanting to be involved, there seems to still be life left in the franchise.

Ghostbusters 3 Still On

Sad, but true, when news hit that the great Harold Ramis had passed away yesterday, most people were crying ‘No!! I love him!’ – quickly followed by ‘So what happens to Ghostbusters III, now? No!! I love that idea!’.

My thought was that any new “Ghostbusters” movie would be a reboot now. If Bill Murray doesn’t want to do it, and if Ramis is gone, it only leaves Dan Aykroyd and Ernie Hudson – and would Sony, let alone the audience, really want to see “Ghostbusters III… starring Dan Ayrkoyd?”. No, no, they don’t. If it wasn’t disappointing enough that a second sequel to the 1984 hit would be without Bill Murray’s Peter Venkman, now we’ll have a film without Ramis’s Egor? No thanks. I’d rather not see it at all.

Doesn’t much matter what we think though, obviously; Sony is still pushing forward with plans to sequelize “Ghostbusters”.. again. What’s ironic is that, the studio have never been very convinced there’s potential in a third “Ghostbusters”, but today? They’re doing it. After the outpouring of support yesterday for Ramis from his many, many fans – much of whom clearly loved “Ghostbusters”, Sony seem to have realized that there’s definite interest in the brand still. Sad that something like that has to happen for them to wake up and smell what we’ve all been whiffing-on for years.

“Ghostbusters III” will still go ahead, at least according to The Hollywood Reporter, whose sources say Sony is still on-track with plans to bring glow-in-the-dark merch back into fashion. They say Murray is now involved- apparently he will join Aykroyd in making cameo appearances in the movie.

The source says Ivan Reitman, who is reprising his role as director on the film, is meeting with Sony brass in the next few days to discuss how they now move forward with the project – which, much to my surprise, he also claims is in ‘active development’ (I thought it was only in active development in Aykroyd’s head?). In the script, the original Ghostbusters – which would’ve included Ramis’s Egor – pass the baton to a trio of new, younger Ghostbusters.

The script, written by ”The Office” writers Lee Eisenberg and Gene Stupnitsky, will now be revamped.
”There will be some repercussions,” says a project insider.

Sony, however, say Ramis’s involvement in the film was only minimal – and it was mostly financial, with his eventual cut from the film now going to his Estate.

“He was always great to bounce something off of, and that will certainly be missed,” the source says of Ramis. “But it won’t affect the script.”

Ernie Hudson, who would’ve reprised his role as ‘Winston’ in the sequel, doesn’t believe there should be another movie now.

“Harold was the glue – there wouldn’t be a ‘Ghostbusters’ without Harold… There can’t be another Ghostbusters without Harold… My fear was always that something would happen before we all got together (again).”

Though said to be in “active development”, I don’t think “Ghostbusters III” was going to go before the cameras this year, anyway. They’ve still got plenty of time to rework this script- and having been reworking it for the better part of fifteen years, they should be use to doing it now; won’t take long.

Rick Moranis needs to come out of retirement and make a cameo too if they make this.

http://moviehole.net/201473849ghostbusters-3-still-on
User avatar
Bafta Winner
Posts: 1111
Joined: Tue Aug 06, 2013 10:34 pm
Cash on hand: 77.50
Bank: 32,900.00
Location: Melbourne, Vic
PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2014 7:55 pm
Worst Previews wrote:"Ghostbusters 3" Loses Director, Will Shoot Early 2015"

Even though Harold Ramis passed away last month it seems that "Ghostbusters 3" is still moving forward. In a new interview with Deadline, "Ghostbusters" director Ivan Reitman revealed that filming will begin early 2015 in New York, adding that he has no plans to direct.

"[We] now have a draft that is very good. That the studio is very excited about It's a version of 'Ghostbusters' that has the originals in a very minor role," he explained. "When I came back from Harold's funeral, it was really moving and it made me think about a lot of things. I'd just finished directing 'Draft Day,' which I'm really happy with and proud of. Working on a film that is smaller and more dramatic was so much fun and satisfying. I just finally met with Amy and Doug Belgrad when I got back. I said I'd been thinking about it for weeks, that I'd rather just produce this 'Ghostbusters.' I told them I thought I could help but let's find a really good director and make it with him. So that's what we've agreed will happen."

At this point, there's no director, cast or a release date. Stay tuned.
Image
Formally known as SUPER-BLUR [2010-2013] and now known as KAL [2005-2010/2014-]
User avatar
Cecil B DeMille Life Time Achievement
Posts: 6116
Joined: Sat Jan 14, 2006 11:05 am
Cash on hand: 17,398.30
Bank: 0.00
Location: Adelaide
PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2014 4:43 pm
Rick Moranis is back and out of retirement!

Weaver, Moranis and Hudson back for Ghostbusters III

The cast and crew (and other folk that have been influenced by its genius – like Judd Apatow) of “Ghostbusters” – sans Bill Murray, who doesn’t seem to answer the ‘Call’ these days –sat down with Vanity Fair to talk up the film’s upcoming 30th Anniversary.

The article is littered with some amazing antidotes and plenty of insight into one of the ‘80s biggest smashes. For instance, did you know the body of the ghost ‘Slimer’ was based on the late John Belushi’s? Did you know, despite “Saturday Night Live” players being involved in it, that the show’s producer Lorne Michaels had no connection whatsoever to “Ghostbusters”? And did you know Dan Aykroyd comes from a family of ‘real’ Ghostbusters? – so to speak. Give it a read.

In terms of the still-gonna-happen-but-pushed-back (due to co-star and writer Harold Ramis’s recent passing) “Ghostbusters III”, actors Sigourney Weaver, Rick Moranis and Ernie Hudson essentially confirmed their involvement in the movie. While it’s no surprise that Hudson will be back, reprising Ghostbuster Winston, it might be a surprise to hear that Weaver’s Dana will be back – considering her former on-screen love interest Bill Murray doesn’t want to be involved in the film – and that Moranis, who hasn’t starred in a movie since the ‘90s, is back to play Louis.

So what brings Dana back? Her son Oscar is a Ghostbuster now, of course.

Weaver tells the outlet that when speaking to producer Ivan Reitman about a possible reprise she had a stickler.

“I said, I have one condition want my son Oscar [from Ghostbusters II] to be a Ghostbuster, and he said, ‘We’ve already done that.’”

Rick Moranis speculates on where his character would be now.

“He’s in prison, a cellmate of Bernie Madoff’s. They compete to see who can make their bed first in the morning.”

Hudson prophesies that Winston Zeddmore would be “the C.E.O. of the Ghostbusters franchise. I just hope that he wouldn’t be on a walker or [in] a wheelchair… And hopefully we’ll still be able to wear the backpacks.”

“Tropic Thunder” scribe Etan Coen is working with flag-flyer and co-writer Dan Ayrkoyd on the script – and from the sounds of it, pretty intensely.

They’re “together for hours every week, working on it really closely”, Coen told the mag.

While it doesn’t sound like Bill Murray will be returning, Coen says the film can survive without him – but they would prefer he agreed to do it.

“Absolutely everyone wants Bill Murray. But everyone has great faith in the franchise.”

Let’s not forget that Bill Murray didn’t decide until the day before whether or not he actually wanted in on the original “Ghostbusters”, so it’s quite likely that he’ll play the same game here – agreeing at the 11th hour to make a return appearance as Peter Venkman. It wouldn’t hurt him, too… not as much as “Garfield 2” would’ve.

http://moviehole.net/201477044weaver-mo ... usters-iii
PreviousNext

Return to Movies

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests