Upcoming Superhero Movie News

News updates and discussions on new releases and old faves. Also check out the database to find all your favourite movies!
Bafta Winner
Cash on hand: 77.50
Bank: 27,190.00
PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2014 12:01 pm
Collider wrote:WB Dates 9 Untitled DC Films and 2 Event Movies

The Marvel/DC release date showdown has come to an end, and it appears that Marvel has come away the victor. Marvel Studios staked out the May 6, 2016 weekend a while ago for an “Untitled Marvel Movie,” but when Warner Bros. went looking for a new release date for its Man of Steel follow-up, it decided to plant its flag on May 6, 2016 as well with the thinking that Marvel would subsequently move. Except Marvel didn’t move, it doubled down by announcing that Captain America 3 would be its May 2016 movie, which was certainly a big deal coming off the stellar opening weekend for Captain America: The Winter Soldier.

And so now Warner Bros. has flinched, but instead of delving deeper into the summer, the studio will be trying to kickstart the blockbuster season incredibly early by setting the Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice release date on March 25, 2016. If that wasn’t enough, Warner Bros. has announced release dates for 9 untitled DC films and 2 “event films”.

But the Batman v Superman release date news isn’t all! Taking a page out of Marvel’s book, Warner Bros. has set release dates for 9 untitled DC films and 2 “event films”.

Check them out below:

Untitled DC Film — August 5, 2016

Untitled DC Film – June 23, 2017

Untitled DC Film – November 17, 2017

Untitled DC Film – March 23, 2018

Untitled DC Film – July 27, 2018

Untitled WB Event Film – November 16, 2018

Untitled DC Film – April 5, 2019

Untitled DC Film – June 14, 2019

Untitled DC Film – April 3, 2020

Untitled DC Film – June 19, 2020

Untitled WB Event Film – November 20, 2020

That’s, uh, ambitious. The only other confirmed DC film in development at Warner Bros. is Justice League, which Zack Snyder will direct after he wraps BvS, but a previous report claimed that Aquaman, Wonder Woman, and a team-up The Flash/Green Lantern movie were in development. Could Warner Bros. beat Sony to the punch and get their own female-led superhero movie in theaters by August 2016? Head to the comments and take a guess as to what films/properties these release dates might correspond to.

Interesting. First three date will most likely be:

Shazam (Dwayne Johnson)
Wonder Woman (Gal Gadot)
Sandman
Formally known as SUPER-BLUR [2010-2013] and now known as KAL [2005-2010/2014-]
Cecil B DeMille Life Time Achievement
Cash on hand: 585.00
PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2014 7:58 pm
I know ive read many times (much to my frustration) that the movie that follows Batman Vs Superman would be Justice League, but one would think that the August 5 2016 release couldnt possibly be wasted on Justice League and the "WB Event" film all the way in 2018 would be the more likely long awaited release date for Justice League.

Which (hopefully) means that DC are being smart and using the 5 movies in between to give us solo movies for any of the Justice League members Wonder Woman, Shazam, Man Of Steel 2 (a proper one cause I dont think Batman Vs Superman counts), The Flash, Cyborg, Green Lantern, Green Arrow and Aquaman before their big team up in Justice League. I'd say much like the Hulk with Marvel, Green Lantern likely wont appear again till the Justice League as a solo movie for him would be quite risky. Hopefully more announcements will come soon, not sure why all of this wasnt revealed at Comic Con, they had to have known they were planning these dates wouldve seemed like the obvious platform to take advantage of for this kind of announcement.
Bafta Winner
PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2014 3:07 pm
Those two event films could be the Harry Potter spin-off/prequels. But there's no way of knowing so I'll hope that they are the J.L.A films instead. That better be the plan because then as you mention AM47 W.B will have more time to flesh out the DC universe properly.

Green Lantern most likely won't have a solo film or Ryan Reynolds as Hal Jordan. There's a rumour that it will be a Flash/Green Lantern film instead and looking at the dates I'd say it'll be released in 2018. Man of Steel 2 is rumoured for 2019 after the first J.L.A film that could have Darkseid.

I do believe this is a response to how Gardians of the Galaxy performed over the weekend, Disney/Marvel are doing very well.

Small update:
Nikkie Finke wrote:Oh ye of little faith. Granted, the dates don’t exactly line up with what I reported on June 12th but nearly everyone agrees that the titles are still right: Batman v Superman, Shazam, Sandman, Justice League, Wonder Woman, Flash And Green Lantern (team-up), Man Of Steel 2 in that order. (There had been talk of a Metal Men and Suicide Squad movie but that project fell off the schedule I received back then.) It turned out that Warner Bros Pictures and DC Entertainment weren’t ready by Comic-Con to announce the future schedule. In the meantime, they’ve have had the benefit of learning Marvel’s future movie schedule. Today, Warner Bros Pictures announced that Batman V Superman: Dawn Of Justice moves from May 6, 2016 to March 25, 2016, to avoid Marvel’s Captain America 3. Because we all know the cinematic superhero universe would end if those blockbusters battled against each other.
Bafta Winner
PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2014 12:34 pm
I have a 50/50 feeling we might see Tom Welling and Michael Rosenbaum together again in a film.

Flash v Green Lantern. I always thought this is an odd rumoured film to have them both paired together, that got me thinking. Rosenbaum was in the running at one time for the "Peter Quill" character in "Guardians of the Galaxy", very similar personality to the "Flash" he voices in the animated world. And Welling is trying the best he can to get out of being typecast as Superman which is naturally very hard to get out of for all actors that had the role in the past (I hope this is changing these days).

What I'm saying is these two might have a chance, especially with Zach Snyder having a lot of 'Smallville" Easter eggs in Man of Steel.

It's what I'd like to see happen anyway. 8-)
Bafta Winner
PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 8:40 pm
Once again Dwayne Johnson all but confirms that he is 'Shazam':

Bafta Winner
PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 11:59 pm
Worst Previews wrote:Warner Bros Has a "No Jokes" Policy For Its Superhero Films?

Hitfix is reporting that many of its sources have confirmed that the new policy at Warner Bros is for all of the studio's future superhero films to not have jokes. While humor can be a good way to alleviate tension, Warner Bros apparently wants nothing in their movies to be funny.

It's not clear why such a policy would be in place when Marvel's movies are filled with jokes and consistently do very well at the box office. In fact, "Guardians of the Galaxy" is as far from a serious movie and it's about to set the domestic box office record.

It's possible that Warner Bros may want to differentiate itself from Marvel by offering something darker. It worked for "The Dark Knight" trilogy and "Man of Steel." And the studio's "Green Lantern" had Ryan Reynolds cracking jokes every five seconds and that was a big flop.

Makes sense. DC films need to always be serious. If you want to see comedy from Superman and Batman then look no further than these:

Bafta Winner
PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2014 8:37 am
Worst Previews wrote:Warner Bros Registered Domains For "Shazam," "Wonder Woman" and "Aquaman" Movies

There have been a lot of rumors about Warner Bros' upcoming slate of superhero films. The studio has yet to confirm anything, but there have been promises that an official announcement will soon be made.

It seems that Warner Bros wasn't lying, because we're now seeing a plan being executed in the form of registering domain names. Tech Times has learned that the studio just registered JusticeLeagueFilm.com, ShazamMovie.com, WonderWomanTheMovie.com, and AquamanMovie.com.

We already know that "Justice League" is in development. "Wonder Woman" is all but greenlit and Dwayne Johnson has been strongly hinting that "Shazam" is in the works. And just recently, it was reported that the studio hired Will Beall (Gangster Squad) and Kurt Johnstad (300) to write separate "Aquaman" scripts.
Bafta Winner
PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2014 4:03 pm
Worst Previews wrote:Robert Downey Jr Teases Return For "Iron Man 4"

Robert Downey Jr is signed on to reprise his Iron Man role in "Avengers: Age of Ultron" and "Avengers 3," but has yet to sign on for another "Iron Man" installment. He recently said that there are no plans for "Iron Man 4," but is now hinting that a fourth film will eventually happen.

"I'm sure we'll ride that thing. You've got to surf that all the way in to shore," said Downey. "I think I was at the forefront of something that was coming into being, and I think it has carried me as much as I have informed it. That's the healthy way to look at it."

There have been lots of talks of Marvel replacing Downey as Tony Stark, mostly because it's becoming too expensive to bring the actor back. But Downey has made it very clear that he's not ready to give up the role.
Bafta Winner
PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2014 10:20 am
Worst Previews wrote:Robert Downey Jr Would Make "Iron Man 4" If Mel Gibson Directs

At one point, Mel Gibson was one of Hollywood's top actors and directors. But after his endless racist, sexist and anti-Semitic rants, he has become a pariah. And while most of Hollywood's elite want nothing to do with him, there are some who have publicly defended him.

One of those people is Robert Downey Jr, who understands what it's like to have it all and then quickly lose it, only to be given a second chance. Back in January, Downey spoke with Marvel executives to see if there's a place for Gibson in the Marvel universe.

The studio made it very clear that it won't work with an anti-Semite. But Downey isn't giving up. In fact, he recently suggested that "Iron Man 4" should be directed by Gibson.

In a new interview, Deadline said: "Marvel badly wants 'Iron Man 4' and you've said you aren't doing it. How about the idea you'll do that movie if Mel directs it?" Downey responded: "Correct. Why not? That movie would be bananas."

It's not clear whether Downey would ever say that he'll only return for "Iron Man 4" if Gibson directs it, but it would be interesting to see how Marvel would respond.
Bafta Winner
PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2014 11:59 pm
Worst Previews wrote:Robert Downey Jr Confirms He'll Return For "Iron Man 4"!

After "Iron Man 3," Robert Downey Jr signed on to return for "Avengers: Age of Ultron" and "Avengers 3." He didn't, however, agree to reprise his role in "Iron Man 4."

Since then, there have been talks of replacing Downey, who has been refusing to give up his lucrative role to another actor. Last week, he actually indicated that "Iron Man 4" will happen.

And now, on today's episode of "The Ellen DeGeneres Show," the host asked Downey whether he'll return for "Iron Man 4." "I know there's going to be a bunch more Marvel movies," he replied. "And they have big ideas of how to do it best and we're in the middle of negotiation." DeGeneres went on to press him for a more specific answer. "So, yes?," she asked. Downey replied: "Okay, yes!"

He then answered some questions on Reddit, teasing: "Sooner than later the Marvel roster will be made public and all questions will be answered."

Downey also clarified his earlier comment about how he would return for "Iron Man 4" if Mel Gibson directed it. "It was an offhanded remark to a journalist and friend," he explained. "I have other projects in mind for Mel and I."

And regarding Marvel's "Agents of SHIELD" TV series, Downey said that it's not impossible for him to one day make an appearance on it. "Nothing is impossible. But there might be a fair amount of red tape involved in something like that. I love Clark Gregg, and am pleased the show is doing so well."

Worst Previews wrote:Robert Downey Jr Now Says He Won't Return For "Iron Man 4"

While promoting "The Judge," Robert Downey Jr appeared on "The Ellen DeGeneres Show" where he revealed that he'll be returning for "Iron Man 4." Hours later, he was on "Late Show with David Letterman," he said the exact opposite.

"There's no plans for an 'Iron Man 4,'" said Downey. "There's no script for 'Iron Man 4,' but they do have a plan and I think they're gonna announce it. [Marvel's] very secretive about it."

Letterman refused to believe that Marvel isn't interested in another "Iron Man 4," so he once again asked Downey: "Are you going to make another 'Iron Man'?" The actor replied: "Just between us, no, but I'm gonna do other stuff with Marvel. I'm still going to be involved with Marvel and there's gonna be plenty of fun stuff to happen."

What a joke... It's all just marketing. He'll be back. :lol:
PreviousNext

Return to Movies