Fast and the Furious 8 (The Fate of the Furious)

News updates and discussions on new releases and old faves. Also check out the database to find all your favourite movies!
Cecil B DeMille Life Time Achievement
Cash on hand: 17,128.30
Bank: 0.00
PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2016 1:43 pm
NEW TRAILER as well as a title change, part 8 is called 'The Fate of the Furious' -

got a few things to say. first the action, WOW.. that ice scene was awesome!! :shock: with the title change I saw a couple posts from the actors on Instagram with a little tease, and I thought WTF is this?! then today I watched the trailer and I understood why...

Spoiler: show
Dom has turned on his 'family' which I don't really get, I'm sensing he's being forced into it. it reminded me of when Letty went bad in part 6. if Brain was in this ans Paul Walker was alive this wouldn't happen, he wouldn't turn his back on his sister like this. I predict at the end he wasn't really turned bad and turns on Charliez's character meaning he is actually good. but he was a criminal before and still is now after all he's been through.

it's meant to be a new chapter in a new trilogy, hence the name change. so what the hell are they gonna call the next 2? The Fat and the Furious, The Fart and the Furious?! not digging the new title still and I hope for international audiences it's just called Fast and the Furious 8. all I can say to wrap this up is...

EDIT - I think international countries are getting the standard title (Fast & Furious 8) there was a UK trailer that had the title.

it's gonna be interesting!
TV Watcher
Cash on hand: 52.50
Mood: Happy
PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2016 1:19 pm
Can't wait to watch this film.
PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2017 5:03 pm
Super Bowl Trailer -

8-)
PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 11:02 pm
one word to describe this trailer, INSANE!

apparently the movie is around 2 1/2 hours long! :shock:

still don't like the title though.
PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 1:54 am
saw this last night, it was awesome as expected.

action was great, and there were some funny lines too between Dwayne and Statham. they were the standout.

as we already know (cause they spoiled it in the trailers) Dom went bad..
Spoiler: show
he was being forced into it, but I knew he was somehow gonna trick the villain and be good again.

what's with the people joining the team, cops like Hobbs and villains like Shaw end up working for/with Doms crew. so does that mean Charlez's character will join them in the next one? in part 5 Hobbs is after them, ends up working with them in from 6 onwards. Statham was the villain in 7 and now he's working with them in 8. what's up with that?!

Scott Eastwood clearly is a replacement for Paul Walker, if he were still alive I bet he would be in Scott's scenes.

it was awesome and all, but I feel I would have liked it more if I hadn't seen all the trailers.

Movie:

This movie was rated 3.5 stars out of 5
Previous

Return to Movies