Racism, Insults, Scheduling

How much do you love your TV? Gossip, news, programming, and ratings. A place to chat about Documentaries, Games shows, Ads...
Cecil B DeMille Life Time Achievement
Cash on hand: 9,800.00
Bank: 804,267.00
Mood: Tired
PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 7:25 am
Racism, insults, scheduling…if it’s Sunday it must be outrage night…

Memo to TV networks everywhere… we have one week to go and already viewers are not happy: Racism on My Kitchen Rules, scheduling complaints over Big Bash, and Anthony Mundine sitting down for the national anthem on I’m a Celebrity Get Me Out of Here.

Last night MKR descended into insults across the table between Victorian friends Roula & Rachael and NSW sisters Jess & Emma.

What began as a blunt assessment of Roula & Rachael’s earlier instant restaurant led to a heated discussion and various insults including “cow / plastic / fat / fake / ugly / bitch” with some leaving the table and other contestants saying rivalry had gone too far.

But before Vietnamese mums Kim & Suong cooked in their Secret Lantern instant restaurant, contestant Jess said, “We’re definitely hoping there’s no domestic pets on the menu tonight”. It was a race to the bottom.

Australia’s Race Discrimination Commissioner Tim Soutphommasane tweeted, “Disappointing to see a racist joke on prime time TV – this stuff is not acceptable. Let’s not give racism any encouragement or licence.”

On social media viewers said the comment should never have made the final edit.

*Click link at bottom of article to read tweets*

But MKR was not alone in copping viewer anger last night.

Everywhere other than Perth, TEN viewers were told to watch the Adelaide Strikers trophy presentation on ONE so that I’m a Celebrity Get Me Out of Here could bring Danny Green into the jungle. That led to more social media complaints that a major sport event was being shafted for Reality TV nonsense.

Meanwhile some viewers were divided over Anthony Mundine sitting during Shannon Noll’s singing of the National Anthem in a mock boxing ring challenge with Danny Green. Mundine expressed concern over its history with Indigenous Australians, which drew some support from his castmates, whilst some viewers felt producers had set him up, knowing his views already.

As summer viewing begins its final week, Sport has proven to be the biggest drawcard but also a lightning rod for viewer backlash.

Australian Open viewers let rip at Seven for too many ads whilst they missed play, whilst Davis Cup viewers on Saturday were told to switch to a multichannel when the News began, only to discover another programme screening for some 15 minutes.

https://tvtonight.com.au/2018/02/racism ... night.html
The power of submission lies not in the ability to kneel before another, to give over one's body or in the wearing of a collar.
The power of submission can be found only in the heart of one who gives her love to another freely knowing what joy and pain will come of it - Roguer
Cecil B DeMille Life Time Achievement
Cash on hand: 13,728.00
Bank: 5,832,417.80
Mood: lost the plot
PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 9:04 am
You know, the producers of these programs obviously want these people to be controversial for ratings. People seem to like watching arguments and bickering. I also think people are now too sensitive, there's too much political correctness, at the end of the day, if you don't like it, don't watch it.
TV is full of all sorts of smut and crap - look at that one I stumbled across the other day - https://tvtonight.com.au/2017/05/airdat ... ction.html
Revolting program, so, I stumbled across it, was curious to see where it was going, and will never look at it again - and you know, Rayne, I can watch some pure rubbish! :<|

Return to Miscellaneous & General TV Discussion