TV in New Zealand

How much do you love your TV? Gossip, news, programming, and ratings. A place to chat about Documentaries, Games shows, Ads...
Cecil B DeMille Life Time Achievement
Cash on hand: 9,342.50
Bank: 804,267.00
Mood: Cool
PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 6:43 am
Jayel wrote:I bet you avoid that one like the plague!

I have watched the true crime shows but that is all. :twisted:
The power of submission lies not in the ability to kneel before another, to give over one's body or in the wearing of a collar.
The power of submission can be found only in the heart of one who gives her love to another freely knowing what joy and pain will come of it - Roguer
Cash on hand: 13,648.00
Bank: 5,832,417.80
Mood: lost the plot
PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 6:55 am
Rayne wrote:
Jayel wrote:I bet you avoid that one like the plague!

I have watched the true crime shows but that is all. :twisted:

You'll be pleased to know that I've moved (a touch) away from reality shows and am watching a lot more true crimes :D
PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 5:55 am
Here is the page for the cost to sign up to Sky.

https://skytv.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/223

If you want the sport channels it can end up costing over $100/month. I was talking to a lady at my grandson's school bus stop and she said they were thinking of getting rid of it cos it was costing too much. She has 4 kids and one on the way and I told her that Netflix was a lot cheaper and there were heaps of kids shows on it. My grandson (almost 6) is very tech savvy (more so than his Granny!) and can access it through the Playstation 3, he knows which buttons to push and how to find a show :)
The power of submission lies not in the ability to kneel before another, to give over one's body or in the wearing of a collar.
The power of submission can be found only in the heart of one who gives her love to another freely knowing what joy and pain will come of it - Roguer
PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 1:31 pm
I've also noticed on the TVNZ site you can watch new seasons of Grey's Anatomy, Criminal Minds, Once Upon a Time, Scandal, Gotham and The Walking Dead among others. "Express from the US" is the tagline.
Cash on hand: 17,358.30
Bank: 0.00
PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2017 3:37 pm
just skimmed through it, in some ways it better then AU FTA.

they are airing some US shows we haven’t aired in Australia yet, like the new Seth MacFarlane show.
PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 2:51 pm
Got my broadband, home phone and Netflix. Surfing between that and the TVNZ live streaming and catch up site I have plenty to watch :)

I do miss the sport a bit - Mr Rayne liked his footy and motorsport so I kind of soaked it up by osmosis ;)
PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 9:19 am
Turns out when I signed up for Spark broadband I also got a free subscription to another streaming service called Lightbox, for the life of my contract (2 years). They have Outlander, Channel Zero (season 1), Chance (with Hugh Laurie), Battlestar Galactica (4 seasons), The Handmaid's Tale, Blindspot (including new season), plus loads more.

Very happy Jan! ;) :D
PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 7:08 am
Rayne wrote:Turns out when I signed up for Spark broadband I also got a free subscription to another streaming service called Lightbox, for the life of my contract (2 years). They have Outlander, Channel Zero (season 1), Chance (with Hugh Laurie), Battlestar Galactica (4 seasons), The Handmaid's Tale, Blindspot (including new season), plus loads more.

Very happy Jan! ;) :D

Sounds good. Looks like you'll be firmly planted on your sofa!
PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 10:06 am
Jayel wrote:Sounds good. Looks like you'll be firmly planted on your sofa!

I now have a sofa to plant myself on :< If I can figure out how to network my HDD recorder with the wi-fi I might be able to use the tv instead of the laptop for Netflix :ugeek:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 11:27 am
Rayne wrote:
Jayel wrote:Sounds good. Looks like you'll be firmly planted on your sofa!

I now have a sofa to plant myself on :< If I can figure out how to network my HDD recorder with the wi-fi I might be able to use the tv instead of the laptop for Netflix :ugeek:

Didn't it automatically do it when you installed it? It should have prompted you through it.
You should find out how to manually do it through your guide book. We did that with ours recently. It automatically connected to our wifi when we first set it up, but disconnected it as we thought having another device connected to our wifi might have been putting extra strain on the internet speed - which it didn't, then eventually reconnected it. It was in a hidden part in the menu, which took some finding again, but we found it! What brand is the HDD?
PreviousNext

Return to Miscellaneous & General TV Discussion