TV Shows Based on Movies

How much do you love your TV? Gossip, news, programming, and ratings. A place to chat about Documentaries, Games shows, Ads...
Cecil B DeMille Life Time Achievement
Cash on hand: 17,538.30
Bank: 0.00
PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 2:35 pm
there have been quite a lot of TV shows that were once movies lately:

Fargo, Transporter, Zombieland, From Dusk Till Dawn, Terminator, Blade, Friday Night Lights, Teen Wolf, Hannibal, Bates Motel, Scream, Sleepy Hollow and such.

now it's become known movies BIG and Rush Hour are getting the small screen treatment!!

what next? Back to the Future and the Breakfast Club?! how about Lethal Weapon while you at it!

Beverly Hills Cop got a pilot episode but the show got scrapped! Eddie Murphy had a cameo.

do you like this idea or have they gone too far?

I'm 50/50 on it, depending on how good the movies were and how good the casting is this time around it can be interesting but also can fail. if there's a movie that needs a fleshed out story I'm interested in what they can come up with. if it's done right it can be a success but it seems to be a new trend now with Hollywood, running out of ideas so why not look to movies?!

this used to happen in the past, 80s and 90s tried to mooch off the success of the movies -

Harry and the Hendersons
Honey I Shrunk The Kids
Mortal Kombat
Wierd Science
Ferris Bueller
Uncle Buck
Bill and Ted
Highlander
The Crow
Robocop
Clueless
Buffy

and so on. most of which probably lasted longer then they should have.

today they wouldn't Im sure.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_ ... d_on_films
PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2016 4:35 pm
Cruel Intentions is getting a sequel continuation with Sarah Michelle Gellar returning as her character from the movie, brown hair and all.

I believe a pilot is being filmed but not sure if it's actually picked up.

unlike the others I have listed its continuing from the original, the others are reboots.

same with Limitless and Ash vs Evil Dead.

EDIT - Cruel Intentions got a pilot filmed but wasn't picked up, 2019 is its 20th anniversary so maybe that will be the best time to release it.
PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2016 10:55 pm
Rush Hour has aired and now been axed in the states, TV versions of movies just don't work.

the next on the list, Lethal Weapon, The Exorcist and Rocky Horror Picture Show!! (airing on Fox)

this is like all the reboots in the cinema, now we are getting a bunch of TV Shows based on movies!

nothing is original anymore! :evil:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2018 2:42 pm
we can now add Heathers to the list, don't know how you can turn that into a series -

although it's not a continuation as far as I know, it's got Shannen Doherty in it.

since I created the post in 2014 we have had continuations of movies in TV form.

like Limitless, Wolf Creek and Ash vs Evil Dead!

Return to Miscellaneous & General TV Discussion