Wake Up! - Ten's new Breakfast Show

How much do you love your TV? Gossip, news, programming, and ratings. A place to chat about Documentaries, Games shows, Ads...
Cecil B DeMille Life Time Achievement
Cash on hand: 47.50
Bank: 4,577,822.00
Mood: Happy
PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 11:12 pm
Ten announces their new breakfast show but i think the biggest mistake is producing yet another show in Sydney. If they really wanted change to the others they would have based it in Melbourne. None the less i do like the 4 involved and was pleasantly surprised to see Nuala. I must say though its kind of weird having her do the news in Melbourne while the rest of them are in Sydney. Will see how it goes.

TV Tonight wrote:TEN to Wake Up with “Tash, Tarsh & Matho”

Natarsha Belling, Natasha Exelby and James Mathison will front TEN’s return to breakfast television in the Adam Boland-produced Wake Up.

They will broadcast weekdays from Queenscliff Surf Club at Manly Beach with Nuala Hafner reading News from a Melbourne CBD glass-studio location, which is yet to be announced.

As yet there is no launch date for the new TEN venture and broadcast times are yet to be confirmed but Boland indicated block programming from “about 5 in the morning until midday.”

The new line-up was presented at a Press Conference earlier today at the Sebel in Sydney ahead of TEN’s Winter Party event tonight. No announcements were made for the untitled morning show programme featuring Ita Buttrose and Joe Hildebrand. More presenters are yet to be announced.

“If you picture Sunrise and Today as AM Radio, how do you do an FM Version on TV? That was the starting point but it has evolved somewhat since then,” he said.

“Essentially you’re looking at the same show across both channels.

“From our point of view we wanted to be intentionally different.

“There’s something about a beach that just puts you in the right frame of mind.

“From the moment we walked in we knew we had the right place. You get these extraordinary panoramic views down the headlands, and think about, at that time of morning you have your fitness freaks, yoga classes, surfers who will be catching waves. So that becomes our live set every single morning.”

Boland says his team of three females and one male was based not on gender but their chemistry.

“Chemistry is everything in breakfast television. You only have to look at the last Breakfast show to work that out,” he said.

“We were really open-minded. We tried a variety of combinations: high-profile people, low-profile people, people from other networks, people from our own network, people from interstate.

“By the end of the first week it was pretty clear we were not going to be a double-header, a typical male / female show.

“We stumbled across something that was genuinely special.”

Boland says of Natarsha Belling and Natasha Exelby “One is married, one is single, one is a little bit conservative, the other is not. Together to me they are dynamite and they are mates.”

Wake Up is promising to have a looser feel than other breakfast shows, booking fewer guests, having concerts at Manly and drawing upon social media through its 4 social media producers. The show has entered into “strategic partnerships with Twitter.”

TEN’s Head of News and Current Affairs Anthony Flannery adds, “Australia will find Wake Up fun, informative and different. We hope viewers will let us become party of their mornings, and enjoy the show as much as we will enjoy making it.”

Both Wake Up and the unannounced morning show will launch together this year.

Cash on hand: 108,359.30
Bank: 0.00
PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 1:30 pm
Although I don't generally watch any breakfast shows, I do hope that this one works out for the best for Ten. They have lacked in the breakky slot for some time now. The Breakfast show last year doesn't count! lol
Cash on hand: 13,528.00
Bank: 5,832,417.80
Mood: lost the plot
PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 8:36 am
I'll definitely give that a go - although Karl isn't annoying me as much these days. I like Natarsha Belling and James Mathison. Not quite sure who the other one is.
Oscar Nominee
Cash on hand: 16,349.10
Bank: 659,744.00
Mood: not sure
PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 9:39 am
Natasha Exelby:
Nuala Hafner:
Just need Nuala to take her dumb a** boyfriend with her and that will improve Sunrise !
BRING BACK LETTERS AND NUMBERS

Cash on hand: 108,359.30
Bank: 0.00
PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 8:35 pm
The show has completed its first week of being on air. The show hasn't rated that well yet (no surprises that Sunrise and Today are miles ahead of it). Has anyone here watched it yet? I only saw a snippet of it on Wednesday morning, and it seemed okay. But I only saw it very briefly as I was running late for work.
Cash on hand: 47.50
Bank: 4,577,822.00
Mood: Happy
PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2013 7:33 am
Yeah i've watched parts of it and i couldn't stick around. It was pretty bad if you ask me.
PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2013 4:43 pm
I'm usually up at 5.45 and in the bathroom by 6.30, so since it doesn't start until 6.30 I don't get to see it for the half hour I have my cup of tea before moving.
I've seen a bit of that other thing they have on now with Jessica Rowe, and that was pretty mediocre.
Cash on hand: 9,005.00
Bank: 804,267.00
Mood: Sad
PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 3:50 pm
Nothing much new and exciting, we've tried it a couple of times and went back to Today. What really annoyed me was seeing infomercials (two of them the same one!) on all three main channels at the same time (I switched off in disgust).

All I need is a news roundup and the weather. I don't need celebrity b*llshit masquerading as "news", promotions for movies, or who won what or who is out of the rubbish reality shows. If I wanted to know I would have watched in the first place! :x
The power of submission lies not in the ability to kneel before another, to give over one's body or in the wearing of a collar.
The power of submission can be found only in the heart of one who gives her love to another freely knowing what joy and pain will come of it - Roguer
PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 8:04 am
We're back with Today after trying it since the Today show has managed to squeeze more adverts in :x
Cash on hand: 30,517.50
Bank: 2,415,488.30
Mood: besotted
PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 2:03 pm
I have the tv on for about 20 mins in the morning - all I want is some news and weather. Sunrise is my pick atm since Stefanovic turned into a moron and Today changed their format with the news not being on the half hour. Checked out Wake Up but the 3 hosts are just awful (especially the female who isn't Natasha Belling).
And the 2 on the ABC are always so cold and dull.
Next

Return to Miscellaneous & General TV Discussion