Mock Schedules

How much do you love your TV? Gossip, news, programming, and ratings. A place to chat about Documentaries, Games shows, Ads...
Emmy Winner
Cash on hand: 7,600.30
PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2011 6:40 pm
The cupboards are bare for Summer due to the multi-channel environment. I think it is best to just repeat procedurals, older/seasonal movies, the usual crap

If I were Seven I would show:

Happy Endings (confirmed)
HIMYM (repeats)
Whitney
Up All Night
Bones (repeats)
Castle (repeats)
Covert Affairs
Keeping Up with the Kardashians (repeats)
Criminal Minds (repeats)
Body of Proof ( continue repeats, if show is cancelled in US, just play out new episodes)
Xmas/80s/90s Movies Fri/Sat/Mon

7Mate
Same old repeats of cartoons and reality shows, throw Man Up in there somewhere
It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia

7Two
Same old UK stuff, plus Christmas then Summer lifestyle programs
Repeat series one of Downton Abbey on Sunday nights

Nine
Mike & Molly (keep up the new episodes)
2.5 Men/TbbT (repeats)
Breaking In
CSI/Miami repeats
Person of Interest (repeats in a different timeslot)
Prime Suspect (new episodes until it is axed in US)
Pan Am
Unforgettable (repeats in a different timeslot)
Episodes
Mr Sunshine
Xmas/80s/90s/Australian premiere Movies Fri/Sat/Sun/Tue

Go
2.5 Men and TBBT marathons all the time :roll:

Ten
It's A Knockout (confirmed for Sunday nights)
Go Girls (confirmed for 10.30pm twice a week)
Any Australian premiere movies they can get the rights to
Any New Zealand drama/comedy ie. The Almighty Johnsons for 10.30pm
Hawaii 5-O (repeats, esp. the beachy ones)
NCIS (older repeats)
NCIS: LA (repeats)
Law & Order: SVU (older repeats)
Law & Order UK
A Gifted Man
Offspring (repeats)
Glee( repeat season 3 at Wednesday 7.30pm or whatever timeslot it will be in Feb)
Modern Family (repeats)
Rules of Engagement (new, then repeats)
Bondi Rescue/Bondi Vet (repeats)
Keeping Up with the Joneses (repeat s1)
Xmas/80s/90s movies Fri/Sat (probably only have enough for two nights)

Eleven
Find timeslots for 90210, Melrose, Dollhouse, One Tree Hill, Traffic Light

One
Terriers, Lights Out, The Glades, The Chicago Code
Cecil B DeMille Life Time Achievement
Cash on hand: 47.50
Bank: 4,577,822.00
Mood: Happy
PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2011 5:14 pm
Now looking at the shows being promoted i am thinking this could be Seven's schedule come February. I now think Once and Bones will be kept until after Easter. So with that here is my updated schedule.

Sunday
6:30pm Sunday Night
7:30pm Border Security
8:00pm The Force
8:30pm Downton Abbey
9:30pm Castle

Monday
7:30pm My Kitchen Rules
8:30pm Revenge
9:30pm Desperate Housewives

Tuesday
8:30pm Packed To The Rafters
9:30pm Parenthood

Wednesday
8:30pm Criminal Minds
9:30pm Body of Proof

Thursday
7:30pm Please Marry My Boy*
8:30pm Greys Anatomy
9:30pm How I Met Your Mother
10:00pm Private Practice

*Short season until AFL begins then BHG will slot in here.
Secret Life Extra
Cash on hand: 60.00
Bank: 187,927.50
Mood: grooving
PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 12:56 am
Very interesting mock schedule there greysfan. I don't know about Please Marry Me Boy at 7:30pm. It sounds like a 9:30pm show. Maybe after Grey's Anatomy. If i were Seven i would be pushing very strongly to the audience that Better Homes and Gardens will be on a whole new night in 2012. In saying this i do think that maybe Seven could split Better Homes and have it air in Sydney and Brisbane on Fridays at 7:30pm and have it on Thursdays in the AFL States. I truly believe Better Homes helps Seven in the Sydney and Brisbane markets for their Friday Night share and if they were to shift that because of AFL not being shown on Seven but 7mate in these States and airing movies could really backfire.

Here is what i would do for 2012 on Seven

Seven

Sunday
6:30 Sunday Night
7:30 Once Upon a Time
8:30 Downton Abbey
9:30 Castle

Monday
7:30 My Kitchen Rules
8:30 Revenge
9:30 Body of Proof

Tuesday
8:30 Packed To The Rafters
9:30 Parenthood

Wednesday
8:30 Criminal Minds
9:30 Covert Affairs

Thursday
Syd/Bris
7:30 How I Met Your Mother
8:30 Greys Anatomy
9:30 Desperate Housewives
10:30 Private Practice

Melb/Adl/Perth
7:30 Better Homes and Gardens
8:30 Greys Anatomy
9:30 Desperate Housewives
10:30 Private Practice

How I Met Your Mother would air on 7mate at 7:30pm in Melb/Adl/Perth.

Friday
Syd/Bris
7:30 Better Homes and Gardens
8:30pm Movies

Melb/Adl/Perth
7:30 AFL LIVE

Thoughts?
Bones - The Greatest Show on EARTH!
Secret Life Extra
PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 12:57 am
With Channel Nine One Day Cricket and a couple of Twenty/20? matches will be played until March i think it is so Sunday and Friday Night is Cricket. Tuesday will have cricket on GEM i believe so heres what i think could really give Seven a run for their money. In 2012 i really think Seven is extremely vulnerable and i think they could fall. I said it here first. I think Nine will win 2012. They have so much content and obviously its all reality mostly and well Seven's News service is rating pretty poorly in the 2 big cities Sydney and Melbourne and i think they are ready to strike with all this firepower.

Nine in February

Sunday
6:30 One Day Cricket
When cricket ends i think this will be the Sunday Night lineup

6:30 Earth Flight
7:30 60 Minutes
8:30 Tricky Business
9:30 Person of Interest

Monday
7:00 Excess Baggage
7:30 Big Bang Theory
8:00 Suburgatory
8:30 The Mentalist
9:30 CSI Miami

Tuesday
7:30 Top Gear UK
8:30 Two and A Half Men NEW
9:00 2 Broke Girls
9:30 Survivor

You may say i am nuts but the promo's for 2 Broke Girls clearly have it as a M program.

Wednesday
8:00 Customs
8:30 Alcatraz
9:30 CSI

Thursday
8:00 RBT
8:30 Hamish and Andy
9:30 Unforgettable

That leaves out The Block until after Easter, The Voice will be a 7:30 show and NOT stripped like many are suggesting. Stupid idea that one.

Thoughts?
Secret Life Extra
PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 12:58 am
TEN is in one big heap and well i personally don't think anything they have for 2012 is going to fire. None the less here is my mock for them.

TEN in February

Sunday
6:30 The Biggest Loser
7:30 Young Talent Time
9:30 Homeland

Monday
7:30 The Biggest Loser
8:30 Offspring
9:30 The Good Wife

Tuesday
7:30 Modern Family
8:00 New Girl
8:30 NCIS
9:30 NCIS LA

Wednesday
8:30 Glee
9:30 Hawaii Five-0

Thursday
8:30 Law and Order SVU
9:30 A Gifted Man

Friday
7:30 It's a Knockout
8:30 House

Saturday
6:30 Young Talent Time Encore
8:30 The Graham Norton Show
9:30 Movie

Thoughts?
PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 11:46 am
Interesting schedules there martin. I don't know about putting the best new comedy in that 9pm Tuesday slot but anything is possible I guess. Also I sort of agree with you about TEN. They really don't have that much firepower and I don't think they can do much better than that really.

I don't agree with you on that Nine will win 2012 though. They have an interesting year ahead but Seven is still way ahead when it comes to programming. I still think Seven will be dominant in 2012 with Bine closing the gap a bit but only due to the Olympics. I think Nines new offerings are rip offs. Tricky business is has Rafters rip off written all over it and Excess Baggage has Biggest Loser rip off written all over it and well The Voice is an X factor rip off. I have said that for ages.

I guess the thing about 2012 is it is going to be so unpredictable but Nine have been all talk and no real results these past few years and I see the same happening in 2012. I guess let the games begin.

Emmy Winner
Cash on hand: 7,501.40
PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 12:46 pm
greysfan wrote:I don't agree with you on that Nine will win 2012 though. They have an interesting year ahead but Seven is still way ahead when it comes to programming. I still think Seven will be dominant in 2012 with Bine closing the gap a bit but only due to the Olympics. I think Nines new offerings are rip offs. Tricky business is has Rafters rip off written all over it and Excess Baggage has Biggest Loser rip off written all over it and well The Voice is an X factor rip off. I have said that for ages.

I disagree with you about the fact that Nine will only do better because of the Olympics. Nine really are putting up a lot of good shows for the start of February, on top of the fact that they will have One-Day Cricket which I think will do well this year if you consider the recent Boxing Day Test figures. I think Nine are going to try and get the jump on Biggest Loser and start Excess Baggage a week earlier than its competitor (which will probably be the second week of the Australian Open up against the first returning week of Home and Away). I think this strategy will work well. I don't think a lot of people are going to care that Tricky Business looks a bit like Rafters considering that Rafters isn't as popular as it used to be. Of course, I don't see Tricky Business doing as well as Rafters but it should skew wider than Nine's recent cop dramas. Should definitely hold a million. The only thing I will agree on is The Voice. I've heard that they are putting it on after Easter. I think the show could suffer being on at the same time of year as Australia's Got Talent so that might not work. But, in summary, Nine won't just have a good year because of the Olympics. Plus a lot of people think that Seven might lose a bit of the audience next year because of the fact that most of their schedule is returning shows and that they aren't trying anything new that's promising.
PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 5:56 pm
MillerT2 wrote:I disagree with you about the fact that Nine will only do better because of the Olympics. Nine really are putting up a lot of good shows for the start of February, on top of the fact that they will have One-Day Cricket which I think will do well this year if you consider the recent Boxing Day Test figures. I think Nine are going to try and get the jump on Biggest Loser and start Excess Baggage a week earlier than its competitor (which will probably be the second week of the Australian Open up against the first returning week of Home and Away). I think this strategy will work well. I don't think a lot of people are going to care that Tricky Business looks a bit like Rafters considering that Rafters isn't as popular as it used to be. Of course, I don't see Tricky Business doing as well as Rafters but it should skew wider than Nine's recent cop dramas. Should definitely hold a million. The only thing I will agree on is The Voice. I've heard that they are putting it on after Easter. I think the show could suffer being on at the same time of year as Australia's Got Talent so that might not work. But, in summary, Nine won't just have a good year because of the Olympics. Plus a lot of people think that Seven might lose a bit of the audience next year because of the fact that most of their schedule is returning shows and that they aren't trying anything new that's promising.

I can see where you are coming from but i think it will be very minimal to be honest because its how its been these past few years. They always hype it up only to fall flat on their face. The new shows look pretty average so will wait and see but i don't see them winning 2012. That is what i was sort of getting at with the reply to martin's post. They will have some moderate success but it won't be enough to tackle Seven. You have to remember here Seven won 2011 by 4.7%. That is a huge margin in anyones eyes. They had a stellar year and i truly believe that they will continue on their way but it will be tighter i am not doubting that. We will see i guess.

I am waiting until the tennis kicks off to well and truly see which shows are coming in February. Once i know that then it will be easier. I believe what i have in my mock will all be there in some shape or form
PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 1:09 pm
Based on what TEN has given us here is my mock for February - First week of ratings. So Good Wife will air until then at 8:30pm Wednesday.

Sunday
6:30pm Young Talent Time
7:30pm Modern Family
8:00pm New Girl
8:30pm Homeland
9:30pm Bikie Wars

Monday
7:00pm Biggest Loser
8:00pm Bondi Rescue
8:30pm NCIS LA
9:30pm Hawaii Five-0

Tuesday
7:00pm The Biggest Loser
8:00pm Class Of
8:30pm NCIS
9:30pm The Finder

Wednesday
7:00pm The Biggest Loser
8:00pm Bondi Vet
8:30pm Offspring
9:30pm The Good Wife

Thursday
7:00pm Biggest Loser
8:00pm A Gifted Man
9:00pm Law and Order SVU
10:00pm Law and Order SVU (R)

Friday
7:00pm Glee
8:00pm The Simpsons (R) - Don't care about the Eleven thing. The newer episodes can be repeated here. If i recall they used to do quite well on Fridays
8:30pm House
9:30pm Movies
PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 1:06 am
Seven after Easter

Sundays
6:30pm Dancing With the Stars
8:30pm Downton Abbey
10:00pm Castle (R)

Mondays
7:30pm Once Upon a Time
8:30pm Revenge
9:30pm Good Christian Bitches

Tuesdays
7:30pm Australia's Got Talent
8:30pm Packed to The Rafters
9:30pm Parenthood

Wednesdays
7:30pm Australia's Got Talent
8:30pm Criminal Minds
9:30pm Body of Proof

Thursdays
7:30pm
Mel/Adl/Pth - Better Homes and Gardens
Syd/Bris - How I Met Your Mother/Up All Night - Shown on 7mate in Mel/Adl/Pth
8:30pm Grey's Anatomy
9:30pm Desperate Housewives
10:30pm Private Practice

Friday
7:30pm
Syd/Bris - Better Homes and Gardens
Mel/Adl/Perth - AFL

This is just something i whipped up. When thinking about it, its not perfect but i thought it was a pretty good schedule put together.
PreviousNext

Return to Miscellaneous & General TV Discussion