How Much Reality Is Too Much Reality?

How much do you love your TV? Gossip, news, programming, and ratings. A place to chat about Documentaries, Games shows, Ads...
Cecil B DeMille Life Time Achievement
Cash on hand: 9,842.50
Bank: 804,267.00
Mood: Tired
PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2014 9:41 am
Jayel wrote:Rayne, have you upgraded to DVD recorder now, or are you still using the VCR? :<|
Spoiler: show
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

*sniff* ;) I've had a twin tuner PVR for about 5 years :D I use the VCR as another recording option for those bloody over-runs from the reality shows :D It also enables me to take a tape into the bedroom and avoid them and the footy :O

*We don't watch any of them anymore. Mr Rayne tried the reno shows but got sick of the "drama" and silly challenges rather than actual renovation.*
The power of submission lies not in the ability to kneel before another, to give over one's body or in the wearing of a collar.
The power of submission can be found only in the heart of one who gives her love to another freely knowing what joy and pain will come of it - Roguer
Cash on hand: 13,735.50
Bank: 5,832,417.80
Mood: lost the plot
PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2014 10:02 am
Sport on TV gives me an opportunity to play my Sims game :mrgreen:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2014 10:08 am
Having The Block and BB on until after 10pm some nights is just too much. Come to think of it this last third of ratings year is crammed full of reality. The networks have too much of it to fit it all in!

Maybe just ONE season of The Block next year? The Voice, but no Voice Kids, Grandparents, In Laws or any other rellies? Then maybe Nine will have some space to fit something in other than "reality" shows (or maybe we will just get more repeats of Big Bang Theory ;: ).
The power of submission lies not in the ability to kneel before another, to give over one's body or in the wearing of a collar.
The power of submission can be found only in the heart of one who gives her love to another freely knowing what joy and pain will come of it - Roguer

Cash on hand: 108,441.80
Bank: 0.00
PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 1:35 am
There does seem to be a little too much reality at the moment, and of late!

Nine seems to be the worst contender this year. As mentioned above, Nine currently have The Block and Big Brother double. The latter currently has a broken schedule, but at times finishes close towards 10.30pm, which makes it too late for a "family friendly show" their trying to make it out to be. Also, Nine had two seasons of The Block (inc Fans v Fave) and The Voice (inc Kids) this year. Too much!!

Nine should really consider having one season of The Block and The Voice next year. Also would have Big Brother return to more of its original version than the current scripted and manipulated show. These three reality shows can air around three months each, with maybe a week or two break between them, and can fit in the ratings season comfortably.

Seven has had House Rules, Kitchen Rules, X Factor this year. But at least they let one finish until they air the next show. When does the Big Adventure air? This year or in the new year?

Ten has had a mixed bag this year. So You Think You Can Dance flopped, as did the Biggest Loser (Ararat). However, Masterchef returned to basics, and had the best season in years. I have noticed that Recipes to Riches is returning, while some Shark titles show (similar to Dragons Den?) is to start on Ten. Recipes and Sharks to air in 2015?
PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2014 8:38 am
Renovation Rumble reality coming to Nine in 2015

Nine will pit contestants from The Block against contestants from House Rules in a new renovation series, Renovation Rumble in 2015.

The series, to be produced by Julian Cress and David Barbour, is one of two new formats on Nine’s 2015 schedule.

Seven CEO Tim Worner revealed the show at the Screen Forever conference in Melbourne today.

2015 will be a big year of renovation on Free to Air TV including 2 x House Rules, 2 x The Block and Restaurant Revolution.

http://www.tvtonight.com.au/2014/11/ren ... -2015.html

OMG....bad enough having 2 seasons of The Block but this is just overkill in the extreme. Aren't people sick of these shows yet? Maybe they will be after this! :X

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 1:14 am
two seasons of House Rules AND The Block, plus this "Renovation Rumble" is beyond reality tv overkill in one year!

This year was bad enough with two seasons of the Block, plus two seasons of The Voice.

Ten reverted back to basics with Masterchef, and I enjoyed it.

2015 tv = sigh
PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2014 9:42 am
Critics tire of Reality TV’s “treadmill monotony”

http://www.tvtonight.com.au/2014/12/cri ... otony.html

O<> :<
PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2015 6:58 pm
Tuesday 27 January: The Block Triple Threat (Nine)
Sunday 1 February: I'm A Celebrity Get Me Out Of Here Australia (Ten)
Monday 2 February: My Kitchen Rules (Seven)

Is there a good test pattern on somewhere? :X :roll: :<|

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2015 10:10 pm
that is Reality Television overload!!!

Id imagine that they'll all be on at the same time too!!! Sigh.
PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2015 8:46 am
Ten has been sneakily simulcasting I'm A Celebrity Get Me Out Of Here Australia on all three of its channels. Makes for even less choice for people who don't like "reality" tv.

Plus it always runs over so even more pissed off people trying to record shows that start later. :evil:
PreviousNext

Return to Miscellaneous & General TV Discussion