Letters and Numbers

How much do you love your TV? Gossip, news, programming, and ratings. A place to chat about Documentaries, Games shows, Ads...

Cecil B DeMille Life Time Achievement
Cash on hand: 108,414.30
Bank: 0.00
PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2010 4:24 pm
Lilly is a hottie ;)
Screen Actors Guild Winner
Cash on hand: 253.00
Mood: not sure
PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 12:36 am
This isn't such a abd show. I try to participate with some of it when I watch, but they got too fast for me :) lol

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2011 4:39 am
this show has been airing for over a year now, so i think it's not a ''new'' show now (as in the title). lol
Oscar Nominee
Cash on hand: 16,354.10
Bank: 659,744.00
PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2011 12:35 pm
yellow sock wrote:Lilly is a hottie ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vF5UScrIQqc&feature=player_embedded

BRING BACK LETTERS AND NUMBERS

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 12:43 am
lol. cheers for that

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 1:46 pm
SBS has decided to axe Letters and Numbers!!!

Axed: Letters and Numbers

Humble game-show Letters and Numbers has been axed by SBS.

The 6pm show starring host Richard Morecroft, wordsmith David Astle and mathemetician Lilly Serna, is being replaced by its UK equivalent, Countdown. Both were based on the long-running French show Des chiffres et des lettres.

On the show’s official website SBS advises, “SBS has made a decision to rest Letters and Numbers and develop other programs so we can continue to offer new, great content to our audiences. The last episode will be transmitted on June 27.”

Lilly Serna, who has become something a cult star, is working on a new show with SBS, Destination Flavour.

When it began in mid 2010 the show was the first-ever commission for Shine Australia as a low-cost strategy to give World News Australia a lead-in. Often the show is in the top 3 nightly shows for SBS. On Thursday it pulled 130,000 viewers.

For some time has been produced in-house by rights-holder SBS, bringing down the cost of the show even more. Now SBS will replace it with the UK version, presumably saving on more costs. But the move may damage the SBS spirit with viewers, axing a local product for a cheaper import.

source - tvtonight

silly decision, if you ask me! A big shame it has been axed :(
Oscar Nominee
Cash on hand: 16,354.10
Bank: 659,744.00
PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 12:33 pm
yellow sock wrote:SBS has decided to axe Letters and Numbers!!!

Axed: Letters and Numbers

Humble game-show Letters and Numbers has been axed by SBS.

The 6pm show starring host Richard Morecroft, wordsmith David Astle and mathemetician Lilly Serna, is being replaced by its UK equivalent, Countdown. Both were based on the long-running French show Des chiffres et des lettres.

On the show’s official website SBS advises, “SBS has made a decision to rest Letters and Numbers and develop other programs so we can continue to offer new, great content to our audiences. The last episode will be transmitted on June 27.”

Lilly Serna, who has become something a cult star, is working on a new show with SBS, Destination Flavour.

When it began in mid 2010 the show was the first-ever commission for Shine Australia as a low-cost strategy to give World News Australia a lead-in. Often the show is in the top 3 nightly shows for SBS. On Thursday it pulled 130,000 viewers.

For some time has been produced in-house by rights-holder SBS, bringing down the cost of the show even more. Now SBS will replace it with the UK version, presumably saving on more costs. But the move may damage the SBS spirit with viewers, axing a local product for a cheaper import.

source - tvtonight

silly decision, if you ask me! A big shame it has been axed :(

As I wrote on the L&N Facebook page
WHY WHY WHY - it can't be that expensive to make this great show?
Bad decision by SBS, just watch the Numbers (pardon the pun) fall.
BRING BACK LETTERS AND NUMBERS

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 12:30 am
seems like SBS are still airing repeats of the show at 3pm. I'm not sure if they are in any order or not, but from what i saw today, it's one of the early episodes of the premiere episodes.

Not sure how long these episodes will run though

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2017 11:46 am
For the last few few months now, SBS has been airing repeats of Letters and Numbers at 5.30pm. Which makes it a three-way-game-show-blockbuster against Seven's The Chase and Nine's Hot Seat.

Ive watched a few episodes from time to time, and am enjoying the show. As I didn't get to watch many shows when it originally aired against the 6pm news on Seven and Nine
Previous

Return to Miscellaneous & General TV Discussion