Talkin' Bout Your Generation

How much do you love your TV? Gossip, news, programming, and ratings. A place to chat about Documentaries, Games shows, Ads...

Cecil B DeMille Life Time Achievement
Cash on hand: 108,414.30
Bank: 0.00
PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 11:22 pm
the show is returning to our screens, but this time over on Nine

Shaun Micallef is returning to Talkin’ ‘Bout Your Generation after a 5 year absence -but this time it will be on Nine not TEN.

The ITV Studios Australia has been commissioned for a short run of 6 episodes, due to go before the cameras next month. But it isn’t clear who the Team Captains will be -formerly Amanda Keller, Charlie Pickering and Josh Thomas.

“I have heard that he is doing it again,” Amanda Keller recently told TV Tonight, “But I haven’t heard more than that so I will be intrigued to see who the team leaders are. Will they stick with the Baby Boomers, or maybe now enough time has elapsed they could do Generation X, Generation Y and a Millennial? I wonder whether they will skew young?

“Josh was the charming Gen Y and they are now in their 30s -so they’re not as stupid as we’d like them to be! Or as opinionated about the stuff that none of the rest of us understand -which is what his charm was. So maybe they need to go younger again?”

The Australian-developed format ran for 4 seasons on TEN from 2009 – 2012 enjoying up to 1.75m viewers and a who’s-who of guest stars. This year’s newest TV hits have all been family shows: Australian Ninja Warrior and Little Big Shots, putting a Your Gen revival with the Mad as Hell (also due to return in 2018) star in the box seat.

Former TEN programmer David Mott subsequently worked for Nine before heading up ITV Studios Australia, enabling the project to proceed.

Keller admits she would jump at the chance to represent the Baby Boomers again.

“In a heartbeat if I was asked! But I don’t think it’s on Network TEN!” she declared.

“The Living Room and Generation may have a similarity in the style of programming. If I was a guest on something it might be different, but I think as a team regular it might be outside the bounds of what they like.”

source - https://tvtonight.com.au/2017/09/shaun- ... -nine.html

I hope it works out for the best and that Nine doesn't stuff it up too much.

Good to see Micallef return to commercial tv hosting too.
Cecil B DeMille Life Time Achievement
Cash on hand: 13,660.50
Bank: 5,832,417.80
Mood: lost the plot
PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 9:17 am
I liked that show. Glad it's coming back.
Previous

Return to Miscellaneous & General TV Discussion