Hot Seat Millionaire

How much do you love your TV? Gossip, news, programming, and ratings. A place to chat about Documentaries, Games shows, Ads...
Cecil B DeMille Life Time Achievement
Cash on hand: 767.50
Bank: 1,057,397.00
PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2009 12:15 pm
Yes however this week didn't rate as well as last week compared to DOND. The jury is still out.
Hot Seat was doing very well in the 3rd week coming oh so close and even beating it with the help of Brisbanes Extra for 1 night.

-Ben
Tonight Show Host
Cash on hand: 5.00
PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 3:50 pm
i actually don't mind this 'hot seat' show. The questions are alot quicker than the old version (although at times could be even quicker)
Logie Nominee
Cash on hand: 15.00
PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2009 8:20 pm
I'm on the new Millionaire Hot Seat this Wednesday, I'll tell you all about the experience after the episode airs.

But let me say, all of this week's episodes were filmed last Monday. And there was no more deserving winner than today's winner, Mary, who came into the seat with one question left to answer and won $100 000.

She was really sweet, really nice, and I was so happy to see her win!!!
Idiot! I backed Tungsten Strike in the Melbourne Cup, and it ran last...how shameful.

Year 12 2008
Oscar Winner
Cash on hand: 2,060.40
Bank: 0.00
Mood: lost the plot
PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 9:46 pm
For those who didnt see the special episode tonight at 8pm there was a contestant who went all the way to the 1 million dollar question after two people passed before him.

He was asked the question of which of the four warner brothers died on the eve of an event of theirs and the answer was Sam however the contestant said Harry which was wrong, which concluded in the contestant winning $1000.

[b:a8274ea81c]Then[/b:a8274ea81c] after the episode they showed Eddie LIVE outside this contestants house in Melbourne walking up to the house and going in to greet the contestant and his family, and Eddie rewarded the contestant and his family a premium class flights 2 weeks trip + $5000 to Hawaii, with Eddie saying that he didnt believe they should go home after that episode losing $999,999.

Only 3 contestants ever in the history of the show have made the Millionaire question, 2 who answered it and answered it correctly and a third who took a cheque for $500,000.

Great episode, hopefully the ratings from tonight will give some relief to the week nightly ratings so the show can have more success as its really lifting its feet off the ground lately. :)

Sopranos Mobster
Cash on hand: 0.00
PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 11:06 pm
I didn't expect tonight's special episode to be very engaging, considering that we have already seen three people take on the millionaire question. I guess it was the fact that he wouldn't take home 32,000 if he got it wrong, but only 1,000.

After all the publicity that was done for this special episode where they were saying it was "history-making", and the fact that they put it in primetime, I was seriously convinced that he would win the million dollars.

When you think about the strategy of playing an episode in primetime to increase the ratings at 5:00/5:30, it was probably better that he didn't win the million. It will keep people watching and waiting for the first person to win the prize.

I think a rating of at least 1 million viewers would be a happy result. I don't think it would have won the timeslot.
Oscar Winner
PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 11:09 pm
[quote:94a3ebd598="MillerT1"]I didn't expect tonight's special episode to be very engaging, considering that we have already seen three people take on the millionaire question. I guess it was the fact that he wouldn't take home 32,000 if he got it wrong, but only 1,000.

After all the publicity that was done for this special episode where they were saying it was "history-making", and the fact that they put it in primetime, I was seriously convinced that he would win the million dollars.

When you think about the strategy of playing an episode in primetime to increase the ratings at 5:00/5:30, it was probably better that he didn't win the million. It will keep people watching and waiting for the first person to win the prize.

I think a rating of at least 1 million viewers would be a happy result. I don't think it would have won the timeslot.[/quote:94a3ebd598]

I dont think it will win the timeslot as it wasnt advertised in the Tv guides, i only heard about the special ep on the radio last friday morning. Im interested in the ratings it will recieve though and yeah true to the fact it will probably have more people watching than it would of had if he had won the million because in a way, losing the million at such an expense is more interesting than seeing him lose the million and drop to half a million or even $32,000.
Game Show Host
Cash on hand: 207.50
Bank: 372.10
PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 8:24 am
[quote:908fafb8a2="Tom Of Toorak"]For those who didnt see the special episode tonight at 8pm there was a contestant who went all the way to the 1 million dollar question after two people passed before him.

[/quote:908fafb8a2]

That means three people didn't get a chance to answer, and they won't get another opportunity.
I guess that if he won the million, he would have featured on ACA, whilst the three who didn't get a chance would have featured on TT.
Oscar Winner
PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 10:01 pm
[quote:a556bc16ee="celinefan"][quote:a556bc16ee="Tom Of Toorak"]For those who didnt see the special episode tonight at 8pm there was a contestant who went all the way to the 1 million dollar question after two people passed before him.

[/quote:a556bc16ee]

That means three people didn't get a chance to answer, and they won't get another opportunity.
I guess that if he won the million, he would have featured on ACA, whilst the three who didn't get a chance would have featured on TT.[/quote:a556bc16ee]

Nope thats how the game works.
The first person to get to the million dollar question, OR, the last person remaining in the game (who, if they guess incorrectly will still recieve $1000 for being the last contestant), OR if say 3 people have been eliminated from the game, and the next person in the hotseat answers all the questions up to the new highest prize (which drops each time someone is eliminated),then they win and anyone remaining goes home with nothing.

[quote:a556bc16ee]I guess that if he won the million, he would have featured on ACA, whilst the three who didn't get a chance would have featured on TT[/quote:a556bc16ee]

Him being on ACA wouldnt have surprised me but the three who didnt get a chance being on TT i doubt, the show has been around for a little bit now and people who didnt get a chance at playing has happened numerous times.

Sopranos Mobster
Cash on hand: 0.00
PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 11:27 pm
Does anyone know how the audition process works for this show? I have been able to get through to the second stage of auditions which is apparently a written test. I was wondering if there is anyone else that has gone through the auditions and appeared on the show.
Emmy Winner
Cash on hand: 840.50
Bank: 335,882.00
PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2009 10:01 pm
I registered for it today, and mind you i am terrible at stuff like this i got like 1 out of 5 on the first stage quiz lol. And im not denying it, the questions that seem so easy to everyone else, i just dont get them right but the harder ones i seem to at least get an idea and get them right.
PreviousNext

Return to Miscellaneous & General TV Discussion