Axed Shows (Discussion)

How much do you love your TV? Gossip, news, programming, and ratings. A place to chat about Documentaries, Games shows, Ads...
Cecil B DeMille Life Time Achievement
Cash on hand: 17,448.30
Bank: 0.00
PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 12:24 pm
this is for those who don't actually know whats cancelled -

The cancelled list

As the US Fall Season nears it’s time to take stock of the shows in the US that are not moving forward (including two Aussie adaptations).

Whilst many of us are up to speed on most of these, sometimes one or two escape out attention, and others kinda never get cancelled but remain in permanent hiatus.

For the record here is the list of those that are no more:

ABC has cancelled Cupid, Dirty Sexy Money, Eli Stone, In the Motherhood, Kyle XY, Life on Mars, Pushing Daisies, Samantha Who, Surviving Suburbia, and The Unusuals.

CBS cancelled Eleventh Hour, The Ex List, Harper’s Island, The Unit, Without a Trace and Worst Week.

FOX has cancelled: King of the Hill, Prison Break, Sit Down Shut Up, and Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles.

NBC has called it quits with: Crusoe, Kath and Kim, Kings, Knight Rider, Life, Lipstick Jungle, Medium (moving to CBS), My Name is Earl, My Own Worst Enemy.

The CW has cancelled Everybody Hates Chris, The Game, Privileged, and Reaper.

In cable FX has cancelled The Riches; TNT ends Saving Grace; USA Network says no more to The Starter Wife; and A&E cancels The Beast (which airs shortly on ABC1).

There’s also a few other series we’re yet to see here including Reaper, The Unusuals, Knight Rider and Crusoe.

http://www.tvtonight.com.au/2009/08/the ... -list.html
Last edited by Cyborg on Sun May 16, 2010 5:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cash on hand: 1,917.50
PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 7:06 pm
They neglect to mention The Goode Family... :snooty:
PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2010 5:32 pm
there seems to be quite a lot of shows being axed lately or
shows that have decided to end their run, especially on FTA.

24, Lost, Heroes, Trauma, Mercy, Flash Forward, Ugly Betty, Scrubs, Law & Order, Til' Death.

any I missed for Free To Air only?

most are Seven's shows, sucks for them! even last year or so, Seven had a bunch or new
shows that ended up getting the axe or finishing its run, some of which they are airing now -

Shark, Dirty Sexy Money, Eli Stone, Lipstick Jungle, Las Vegas, Kings, King Of The Hill,
Samantha Who, The Unit, Prison Break, Stargate, My Name Is Earl, Knight Rider.

I just find it odd cause in the US, shows with different companies are spread out over heaps of channels, and in Australia every FTA channel are assigned to air certain companies. In some aspects Seven have good luck with shows but bad luck with others like the long lists above. 9 & 10 do have axed shows but damn, every year Seven seem to loose a large chuck or their shows!!

just something that surprised me, thats all!

out of the shows axed, I'll only miss 24.
Oscar Nominee
Cash on hand: 210.00
Bank: 2,466,924.30
Mood: not sure
PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2010 6:09 pm
Probably because they're the only ones who choose to air these new shows. I mean, when was the last time you saw Ch9 fast track a new show. They usually wait until at least half way through the season and then hold off again to actually air it.
I'm gonna grab on to today, live every minute in the way, I know I should, Life is Good
Is the sweet, shy, quiet, innocent type. Hey! Stop laughing! You're blowing my cover!
Cash on hand: 8,336.60
PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2010 7:10 pm
Big year for me, in terms of what I'll lose.

Two of my all time favourite shows, 24 and LOST, will finally end their run.

On top of that, I'll lose other significant interests in Heroes and Flash Forward. And we still don't know the true fate of Lie To Me yet either...
Semper Fidelis
Cash on hand: 2.50
Bank: 4,298,345.30
Mood: feeling under the weather
PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2010 8:57 pm
Losing: LOST, FlashForward
Already lost: Ugly Betty, Dollhouse
Happy to lose: Heroes (I was going to stop watching anyway, so thank goodness I won't get curious about it)
Last edited by Platypus on Wed May 19, 2010 2:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Emmy Winner
Cash on hand: 7,600.30
PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2010 4:41 pm
I am losing Lost, 24, Heroes (although I have not watched any of the season 4 episodes on my PVR yet, so I'm not sure it counts), Ugly Betty, Scrubs, Better Off Ted, FlashForward, Dollhouse

The only one I am sad about is Better Off Ted, and maybe Dollhouse, but that had a good conclusion. The others, except FlashForward, had good runs and hopefully good finales.
Cash on hand: 17,131.40
Bank: 4,041.00
Mood: Tired
PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 1:44 am
bane wrote:On top of that, I'll lose other significant interests in Heroes and Flash Forward. And we still don't know the true fate of Lie To Me yet either...

Lie to Me has supposedly been renewed.

I'm losing Heroes, Dollhouse, FlashForward, 24, Lost, Ugly Betty, Scrubs and some others as well... honestly, none of which I will miss and all of which are ending in good time. Sad, but will be nice to have some new series to watch...
Cash on hand: 47.50
Bank: 4,577,822.00
Mood: Happy
PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 2:27 am
Lie to Me is an official renewal now as of late last night.
PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 12:22 pm
WOW, 2 more shows from Seven bite the dust - Gary Unmarried & Ghost Whisperer.
I guess Gary will stay unmarried, didn't expect the axe for Ghost Whisperer though!

http://www.tvtonight.com.au/2010/05/axe ... tally.html
PreviousNext

Return to Miscellaneous & General TV Discussion