The Logies

How much do you love your TV? Gossip, news, programming, and ratings. A place to chat about Documentaries, Games shows, Ads...
Oscar Nominee
Cash on hand: 0.00
PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2004 7:00 pm
[quote:b28ade1bf4="loved_jay"][quote:b28ade1bf4="mook-e"]Remind me again how are the gold nominations chosen? Is it votes from the public?[/quote:b28ade1bf4]

Yup - Most Popular Personality On TV - its up to the public beacause its who's popular, not who is outstanding which industry experts decide.[/quote:b28ade1bf4]

And that's why I dislike the Logies & its a bit of a joke awards to the industry. How many of the awards are voted on by the public?

Logie Winner
PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2004 8:41 pm
[quote:bf2b2dba46="yellow sock"]the gold logie nominations are:

[b:bf2b2dba46] john wood (bluee heelers)[/b:bf2b2dba46] : john wood is voted for his 8th consecutive gold logie this year - a truly amazing effort. But he was not nominated for the most popular actor this year, the first time since 1995.

[b:bf2b2dba46] rove mcmanus (rove live) [/b:bf2b2dba46] : was nominated in 2002, won it last year, could this personality win it again??

[b:bf2b2dba46] georgie parker (all saints) [/b:bf2b2dba46] nominated in 1999, 2000, 2003 and has won this in 2001 & 2002. a well talented actress who has got the voted from her fans. but shomehow was not nominated this year in the most popular actress catergory.

[b:bf2b2dba46] delta goodrem (neighbours) [/b:bf2b2dba46] she won most popular new talent last year at the logies. delta is nominated this year also for the most popular actress. the last winner of the gold logie from neighbours was craig mclachlan in around 1990 (approx.)

[b:bf2b2dba46] lisa chappel (mcleods daughters) [/b:bf2b2dba46] she is nominated in this award again, after getting one last year as well. a very little chance of winning!!![/quote:bf2b2dba46]

I really, [i:bf2b2dba46]really[/i:bf2b2dba46] hope that John Wood wins it. He's got to be the sentimental favourite right?
Oscar Nominee
PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2004 8:59 pm
[quote:6191048537="Babylove"]I really, [i:6191048537]really[/i:6191048537] hope that John Wood wins it. He's got to be the sentimental favourite right?[/quote:6191048537]

ah i guess but don't think that'll get him over the line.....maybe he'll win when/if he leaves Blue Heelers & everyone will vote as a lifetime achievement type consolidation.
Daytime Soap Star
PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2004 9:07 pm
Delta Goodrem? WTF? Sympathy nomination? I tend to think so. Her success has risen because she is battling cancer (And isn't it only a mild Cancer?). Tsk Tsk. There is NO way in HELL that she deserves that nomination (I've got nothing against her, it's just that she isn't a top actor)

Logie Winner
PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2004 10:40 pm
[quote:57ae35c406="alone"]Delta Goodrem? WTF? Sympathy nomination? I tend to think so. Her success has risen because she is battling cancer (And isn't it only a mild Cancer?). Tsk Tsk. There is NO way in HELL that she deserves that nomination (I've got nothing against her, it's just that she isn't a top actor)[/quote:57ae35c406]

I think it's a combination of sympathy and fans of her music that is the factor in her nominations. I personally don't care for her as an actress. Her music success has happened because of she is a good singer/songwriter. Her acting success (popularity-wise) I think has been more for her singing than her acting. JMO
Cecil B DeMille Life Time Achievement
Cash on hand: 17,131.40
Bank: 4,041.00
Mood: Tired
PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2004 12:17 am
[quote:2691054af5="mook-e"]How many of the awards are voted on by the public?[/quote:2691054af5]

Posted this further up the thread, on the first page of the topic:

[quote:2691054af5][quote:2691054af5]Gold Logie-Most Popular Personality
Silver Logie - Most Popular Actor
Silver Logie - Most Popular Actress
Silver Logie - Most Popular TV Presenter

Most Popular New Male Talent
Most Popular New Female Talent
Most Popular Oveseas TV Star

Most Popular Australian Program
Most Popular Overseas Drama
Most Popular Overseas Comedy
Most Popular Sports Program
Most Popular Light Entertainment/Comedy Program
Most Popular Australian Drama Series
Most Popular Reality Program
Most Popular Lifestyle Program[/quote:2691054af5]

The rest listed below are voted by who TV calles "experts from the Australian TV Industry" - those are Most Outstanding...:

[quote:2691054af5]Silver Logie-Most Outstanding Drama Series
Silver Logie-Most Outstanding Actor in a Drama Series
Silver Logie-Most Outstanding Actress in a Drama Series

Most Outstanding Miniseries/Telemovie
Most Outstanding New Coverage
Most Outstanding Public Affairs Report
Most Outstanding Documentary Series
Most Outstanding Comedy Program
Most Outstanding Sports Coverage
Most Outstanding Children's Preschool Program
Most Outstanding Children's Program [/quote:2691054af5][/quote:2691054af5]
Oscar Winner
PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2004 1:37 am
I reckon they should not necessarily get rid of the overseas awards they have, but definitely don't bring in anymore, as this is an Australian awards show, not an American one, or a british one, and I think they should bring in more Australian awards, however I don't know what, as they seem to have covered everything. :D
I hope that John Wood finally gets the Gold this year. Since Lisa McCune ended her reign, I've been willing John to win, but he hasn't as yet :cry: I say this every year but...."Hopefully this year is John's year!" 8) :lol: :wink:
I hope Delta Goodrem gets NO awards. I was pretty peeved last year when she got voted best dressed, as people didn't vote for her cos of what she was wearing ( as it wasn't that flash - I saw a lot better dresses out there ) but becos they were just fans. :evil: grrrr
I hope All Saints does not win, I hope Blue Heelers does. I am sad Caroline Craig hasn't been nominated for Best Actress, I am happy Claudia Karvan is in line for an award, let's get rid of those McLeods daughters girls :roll: :oP, the Big Arvo so doesn't deserve even a nomination, I hope Ray Barrett gets the award he was nominated for and I hope that either the Postcard Bandit or Blackjack get the logie for Mini series.
Just my 2 cents 8)
[imgee]http://www.policeblueribbon.com.au/images/WEB-REMEMBER-BANNER.jpg[/imgee]

Belinda Emmett 1974 - 2006
Oscar Nominee
PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2004 1:47 am
[quote:829a86cd34="tess&jonesy4eva"]I hope Blue Heelers does. I am sad Caroline Craig hasn't been nominated for Best Actress, I am happy Claudia Karvan is in line for an award, let's get rid of those McLeods daughters girls the Big Arvo so doesn't deserve even a nomination, I hope Ray Barrett gets the award he was nominated for and I hope that either the Postcard Bandit or Blackjack get the logie for Mini series.[/quote:829a86cd34]

I'm at that point now where Australian tv is so poor that I can't get interested in who wins. The only category that I follow is the new talent award.

Not sure if Go Big got any awards but I really enjoyed that telemovie & I hope it has managed some recognition.

Cash on hand: 108,414.30
Bank: 0.00
PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2004 10:06 am
i also agree with everyone else in here - delta goodrem does not deserve to win anything. i also dont have anything against her (as i find her attractive - lol) but her acting is no quite yet on the top.

for the ''Most Popular Sports Program'', i want anyone 2 win, in particularly Sports Tonight. Sports Tonight is aired every night, 7 days a week after the late news and also on the weeekend at 5:30 (total 4 1/2 hours). it desrves to win something :)
Cash on hand: 17,131.40
Bank: 4,041.00
Mood: Tired
PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2004 4:44 pm
[quote:9c64a38af7="yellow sock"]i also agree with everyone else in here - delta goodrem does not deserve to win anything. i also dont have anything against her (as i find her attractive - lol) but her acting is no quite yet on the top. [/quote:9c64a38af7]

Sorry to harp on about this point - the Gold Logie has [i:9c64a38af7]NOTHING[/i:9c64a38af7] to do with how well some acts, performs etc. Its about Popularity. The catagory for the gold logie :- "Most Popular Personality on TV"

All the "Most Popular" catagories dont have anything to do with how well they act. Its about how popular they are.
PreviousNext

Return to Miscellaneous & General TV Discussion