How much do you love your TV? Gossip, news, programming, and ratings. A place to chat about Documentaries, Games shows, Ads...
I hope you have all voted, as voting will close this Sunday night.
The Logies will now have FOUR awards given out to New Talent.....
source - http://tvtonight.com.au/2016/02/four-ta ... wards.html
I don't know why we need four awards for the New Talent. What was wrong with having two like last year - one public voted award, and one judge by the jury (the "outstanding awards").
The three new awards are: Outstanding Newcomer - Actor; Outstanding Newcomer - Actress; The Graham Kennedy Breakthrough Star of Tomorrow (for those under 18 and are actors/actresses!!!). The only good thing I guess is that they winners of these awards will be announced on April 3, when they reveal the nominations for the Main Ceremony. Keep it away from the main ceremony.
Here are the 2016 Logies Nomination list:
What is everyone's thoughts of the Nomination List? Happy with the Gold? Happy with some nominations? Disappointed with some?
Here are my thoughts of the nominations:
- GOLD LOGIE: A mixture of personalities there. You have a newsreader, a current affairs show, an opinionated co-host of a current affairs show, a game-show host, an actress in a high-rating show and a reality tv show host who drinks beer at a pub with contestants and writes up scores on a chalkboard
To be honest, I am surprised, but happy and glad, to see Lee Lin Chin nominated. Yes, I know her campaigns on The Feed for het to win a Logie worked extremely well, but I think her humour on The Feed, and also her news reading are great.
- BEST ACTOR and ACTRESS: A good list overall.
- BEST PRESENTER: Am glad that Amanda Kellar, Lee Lin Chin and Waleed Ally are there. Am glad that Scott Cam isn't there.
- NEW TALENT: Four of the nominees are good. But Dan Reilly from The Block is there? Really? Why is he there for? Wasn't he on the show as the foreman's assistant, and shown on the show as an extreme minute role? There are others more worthy of a nomination than him!!
- Best Sports Program: No surprises that the AFL & NRL Footy Shows are there. One of them will win. But am hoping that the Wide World OF Sports finally picks up an award. 0% chance though.
- Best Lifestyle Program: Good to finally see Gardening Australia get its first Logies nomination
anyone looking forward to watching the Logies THIS Sunday? Or am I the only one? lol
I usually end up watching them but am more interested in the Most Outstanding nominations rather than the popular voted ones namely because the Most Outstanding nominations are peer voted rather than viewer voted.
Here are who I think will be the winners of the 2016 Logiest:
WEEK GOLD LOGIE – Best Personality On Australian TV
• Lee Lin Chin (SBS World News/The Feed, SBS)
• Stephen Peacocke (Home And Away, Channel Seven)
• Jessica Marais (Love Child, Nine Network)
• Lee Lin Chin (SBS World News/The Feed, SBS)
Best New Talent
• Joel Jackson (Deadline Gallipoli/ Peter Allen: Not The Boy Next Door, Foxtel –
Best Drama Program
• Love Child (Nine Network)
Best Entertainment Program
• The Voice (Nine Network)
Best News Panel Or Current Affairs Program
• The Project (Network Ten)
Best Reality Program
• My Kitchen Rules (Channel Seven)
Best Sports Program
• The AFL Footy Show (Nine Network)
Best Lifestyle Program
• Selling Houses Australia (Foxtel – The LifeStyle Channel)
Best Factual Program
• Gogglebox (Foxtel – The LifeStyle Channel/Network Ten)
Most Outstanding Actor
• Alex Dimitriades (Matt Bashir, The Principal, SBS)
Most Outstanding Actress
• Mandy McElhinney (Gina Rinehart, House Of Hancock, Nine Network)
Most Outstanding Supporting Actor
• Ryan Corr (Corporal MacDonald, Banished, Foxtel – BBC First)
Most Outstanding Supporting Actress
• Celia Ireland (Liz Birdsworth, Wentworth, Foxtel – SoHo)
Most Outstanding Drama Series
• Wentworth (Foxtel – SoHo)
Most Outstanding Miniseries or Telemovie
• Peter Allen: Not The Boy Next Door (Channel Seven)
Most Outstanding Entertainment Program
• The Weekly With Charlie Pickering (ABC)
Most Outstanding Comedy Program
• Please Like Me (ABC)
Most Outstanding News Coverage
• “Paris Attack” (Seven News, Channel Seven)
Most Outstanding Public Affairs Report
• “The Killing Season” (The Killing Season, ABC)
Most Outstanding Sports Coverage
• KFC T20 Big Bash League (Network Ten)
Most Outstanding Children’s Program
• Bushwacked! (ABC3)
Most Outstanding Newcomer – Actor
• Joel Jackson (Charles Bean, Deadline Gallipoli, Foxtel Showcase)
• Joel Jackson (Peter Allen, Peter Allen: Not The Boy Next Door, Channel Seven)
Most Outstanding Newcomer – Actress
• Sara West (Liza Minnelli, Peter Allen: Not The Boy Next Door, Channel Seven)
The Graham Kennedy Breakthrough Star Of Tomorrow
• Olivia DeJonge (Shaneen Quigg/Tara Swift, Hiding, ABC)
I agree. I also follow the Outstanding nominations more closely rather than the Popular ones.
I will watch the awards, as I have been doing so every year for a long time. I will watch just out of habit.
Congratulations to all of the winners.
The only issue that I had with the program and this is reflected in the Twitter feed and Facebook feed was the induction of Noni Hazelhurst to the Hall of Fame. Quite a number of people had assumed that she had in fact died as this is almost how the pre-speeches sounded. Nearly all of them spoke of her in the past tense.
Congrats to all the winners.
Well done to Noni Hazlehurst for being inducted into the Hall of Fame. It has been long overdue. I agree that it did feel like she had died in the pre-speeches/ packages. Could have been handled better.
For the Gold Logie, Lee Lin Chin was my preference to win it. But Waleed Aly was my second favourite, so I am gla he won. He has had a big year in television, so well done to him.
I am happy for many of the award winners for last night bar two. I didn't expect The Block to win Best Reality Program. I thought that the show is on its last legs. And I have no idea how or why The NRL Footy Show won Best Sports Program. The show is an utter mess. And I am an NRL fan, but the show, well, yikes. Its not that good.
I was happy with Peter Helliar and Kitty Flannigan presenting an award together. They were pretty funny. Dave Hughes was good, but not as good as last year.
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests