also time for my selections:
- TV WEEK GOLD LOGIE – Most Popular Personality on Australian TV: Carrie Bickmore (The Project), but can see Scott Cam (The Block) or Stephen Peacocke (Home And Away) win
- Most Popular Actor. Craig McLachlan (The Doctor Blake Mysteries). Stephen Peacocke (Home And Away) will win though
- Most Popular Actress. my choice: Asher Keddie (Offspring/Party Tricks, Network Ten)
- Most Popular Presenter. my choice: Amanda Keller (The Living Room, Network Ten).
- Most Popular New Talent. my choice: Olympia Valance (Neighbours, Network Ten). No idea who'll actually win
- Most Popular Drama Program. I want Offspring to win, but Home and Away will take it out.... again!
- Most Popular Entertainment Program. The Project
- Most Popular Reality Program. I want Bondi Rescue (Network Ten) to win, but can see My Kitchen Rules or The Block take it out
- Most Popular Sports Program. I wouldn't mind Wide Word Of Sports winning, but it won't. One of the Footy Shows will win - I prefer the AFL one over the NRL any day of the year.
- Most Popular Lifestyle Program. My choice: The Living Room. Will win: Better Homes And Gardens
Most Outstanding Drama Series
Janet King (ABC) OR Rake (ABC)
Most Outstanding Miniseries Or Telemovie
Devil’s Playground (FOXTEL/Showcase) or INXS: Never Tear Us Apart (Channel Seven)
Most Outstanding Actor
• Richard Roxburgh (Rake, ABC)
Most Outstanding Actress
• Marta Dusseldorp (Janet King, ABC)
Graham Kennedy Award For Most Outstanding Newcomer
• Silvia Colloca (Made In Italy With Silvia Colloca), with Troy Kinne (Kinne, 7mate) as a second choice
Most Outstanding Entertainment Program
I watch all, except The Voice. It is a four-way tie from me
Most Outstanding Comedy Program
Most Outstanding News Coverage
“Lindt Café Siege” (Seven News, Channel Seven)
Most Outstanding Public Affairs Report
Most Outstanding Factual Program
Most Outstanding Sports Coverage
2014 FIFA World Cup (SBS ONE)
Most Outstanding Children’s Program
How much do you love your TV? Gossip, news, programming, and ratings. A place to chat about Documentaries, Games shows, Ads...
It has been revealed that the upcoming Logies will be LIVE.
source - http://tvtonight.com.au/2015/04/logie-a ... -live.html
thank goodness for that. It has been delayed for so long, that it was becoming beyond a joke. Getting American Awards Ceremonies live here for years, but our awards cant has always been an annoyance for me.
I hope that it remains live for some time
the Logies are to be held tomorrow night..
Will anyone else from here be watching? I know I will be.
There are quite a few awards I'm looking forward to. Some, not so. I am not really to fussed about the musical acts this year either (apart from Meaghan, whom I don't mind).
Is it just me, or does the list of nominations for the Gold Logie lack something this year? It was the same last year. Then I realised that it may be because it lacks a "proper variety host" to the list. Variety hosts to win (and be nominated), say, from the last 20 years, include Ray Martin, Kerri-Anne Kennerley, Rove McManus, Shaun Micallef, Andrew Denton and Adam Hills. I think the lack of variety/talk shows of late are why the current people are nominated for the Gold. Nothing against them, as I like most of the current nominees, but it just feels like its missing something. My two cents worth
the logies have started.
Dave Hughes did the opening monologue and he was pretty good. He mentioned Neighbours 30th Anniversary on air, which was good.
Hamish and Andy won the first awards of the night (light entertainment award). I don't get the hype of this show. And Home and Away won Popular Drama award. Meh
anyone here watch the Logies on Sunday night? No surprises that I did.
I thought that the ceremony was better than the last few. It still needs improving, but at least it was headed into the right direction.
Some highlights from the night (awards winners):
- I was happy to see The Living Room win the Lifestyle Program award, and beat Better Homes long run at the top. Also good to see Utopia win the Outstanding Comedy Program award.
- Was happy to see the FIFA World Cup win Outstanding sports Coverage. SBS did a good job covering the tournament. Less Murray did a good job accepting it (we wont see him again, as he is now officially retired).
- A good win by Miranda Tapsell win two Logies for her role on Love Child. Deserving to win both New Talent Awards, awareded by her fans, and her peers.
- The Seven News team did a good acceptance speech when they were given a Logie for their work on the Lindt Café Siege.
- Carrie Bickmore's acceptance speech for the Gold Logie was great. Kudos to her for giving it at the peak of her career and at a platform where it would be seen by many.
- I didn't like seeing the NRL Footy Show win for the Popular Sports Program. It didn't deserve it after last years shows.
- the In Memoriam segment was not good this year. The wide-shot of the big screen, with the names of those who past away were barely readable. There was a backlash on social media about this too
The presenters + guests:
- Dave Hughes did a great job for the opening monologue. He was funny, and got the awards off to a good start.
- Only Julia Morris can stuff up not reading out the nominations for the Outstanding Light Entertainment Program and just read the winner. She came back to read the nominations, which was in good humour.
- It would have been nice to maybe see Dave Hughes close the ceremony rather than Richard Wilkins. Hughes could have read the same script as Wilkins, but would have felt better (somehow).
- was it just me, or did Kerri-Anne Kennerley look different than usual while presenting the Gold Logie?
- as for the musical guests, there were too many international songs on the show. They should cut back to 1-2 songs.
Now.... bring on the 2016 Logies
so no one watched the Logies that aired a few weeks ago? Surprising actually!
as for the Gold Logie next year, I do hope that there is a bit of variety being nominated. The last three years of nominations have been a tad boring for my liking. Although I didn't mind seeing Carrie Bickmore winning the Gold a few weeks ago, I think her competition was weak!
Some news regarding the 2016 Logies - with some changes to some awards:
source - http://tvtonight.com.au/2015/11/logies- ... ortly.html
It is great to see that the Supporting Actor and Actress awards are back. They have been long overdue. They should have been included a while ago. At least this is in the right direction. Also, it's good to see a "News Panel/ Current Affairs" Award being added.
For the Factual award returning - well, I am not too fussed if it is or not. I am not a big factual fan at the moment.
Voting starts in less than two weeks time, which I think is great. But voting is open for two whole months. That's a long time for voting. The voting closes in mid-January. And the Awards are to be held in May, some four months later. That's too late in the year for an awards ceremony that is based for the previous year!
What is everyone else's thoughts on the new awards, and the Logies dates?
VOTE Jackie Woodburne for Gold Logie!!
Wooo. Voting began today.
I've just had a quick glance at the people/ programs that are shortlisted. Looking pretty good. No major omissions I can see. I will have a proper look later.
And i will vote later in the week. Anyone vote yet? Apart from....
... who has posted many times in this forum and others to vote for her for the Gold. Great work for your persistence
I wouldn't mind seeing her up for Best Actress award. She's very underrated. And is great in Neighbours as an actress....
Thanks Jackie Woodburne to be recognised!
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests