The Logies

How much do you love your TV? Gossip, news, programming, and ratings. A place to chat about Documentaries, Games shows, Ads...

Cecil B DeMille Life Time Achievement
Cash on hand: 108,389.30
Bank: 0.00
PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2015 2:08 pm
also time for my selections:

POPULAR

- TV WEEK GOLD LOGIE – Most Popular Personality on Australian TV: Carrie Bickmore (The Project), but can see Scott Cam (The Block) or Stephen Peacocke (Home And Away) win
- Most Popular Actor. Craig McLachlan (The Doctor Blake Mysteries). Stephen Peacocke (Home And Away) will win though
- Most Popular Actress. my choice: Asher Keddie (Offspring/Party Tricks, Network Ten)
- Most Popular Presenter. my choice: Amanda Keller (The Living Room, Network Ten).
- Most Popular New Talent. my choice: Olympia Valance (Neighbours, Network Ten). No idea who'll actually win
- Most Popular Drama Program. I want Offspring to win, but Home and Away will take it out.... again!
- Most Popular Entertainment Program. The Project
- Most Popular Reality Program. I want Bondi Rescue (Network Ten) to win, but can see My Kitchen Rules or The Block take it out
- Most Popular Sports Program. I wouldn't mind Wide Word Of Sports winning, but it won't. One of the Footy Shows will win - I prefer the AFL one over the NRL any day of the year.
- Most Popular Lifestyle Program. My choice: The Living Room. Will win: Better Homes And Gardens

OUTSTANDING

Most Outstanding Drama Series
Janet King (ABC) OR Rake (ABC)

Most Outstanding Miniseries Or Telemovie
Devil’s Playground (FOXTEL/Showcase) or INXS: Never Tear Us Apart (Channel Seven)

Most Outstanding Actor
• Richard Roxburgh (Rake, ABC)

Most Outstanding Actress
• Marta Dusseldorp (Janet King, ABC)

Graham Kennedy Award For Most Outstanding Newcomer
• Silvia Colloca (Made In Italy With Silvia Colloca), with Troy Kinne (Kinne, 7mate) as a second choice

Most Outstanding Entertainment Program
I watch all, except The Voice. It is a four-way tie from me

Most Outstanding Comedy Program
Utopia (ABC)

Most Outstanding News Coverage
“Lindt Café Siege” (Seven News, Channel Seven)

Most Outstanding Public Affairs Report
???????

Most Outstanding Factual Program
?????

Most Outstanding Sports Coverage
2014 FIFA World Cup (SBS ONE)

Most Outstanding Children’s Program
????????

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2015 2:33 am
It has been revealed that the upcoming Logies will be LIVE.

Nine will broadcast the TV Week Logie Awards Live to air, ending recent criticism that delaying the broadcast by around 40 minutes no longer fits a modern landscape.

It’s good news and a move that will add energy -and hopefully a sense of danger- to the broadcast.

Nine will screen an edited Red Carpet highlights package until 7:30pm with the Awards ceremony set to screen Live AEST. This ends the possibility of winners being leaked through social media which has happened twice in recent years.

It also ends the curious situation of Australians being able to watch the Oscars, Grammys, Emmys and Tony Awards live from the US while our own awards have been delayed.

It’s not the first time the Logies have aired Live, historically it was always a Live event, but it is the first time in many years.

The TV Week Logie Awards will be held at Crown in Melbourne on May 3rd

source - http://tvtonight.com.au/2015/04/logie-a ... -live.html

thank goodness for that. It has been delayed for so long, that it was becoming beyond a joke. Getting American Awards Ceremonies live here for years, but our awards cant has always been an annoyance for me.

I hope that it remains live for some time

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2015 11:10 pm
the Logies are to be held tomorrow night..

Will anyone else from here be watching? I know I will be.

There are quite a few awards I'm looking forward to. Some, not so. I am not really to fussed about the musical acts this year either (apart from Meaghan, whom I don't mind).

Is it just me, or does the list of nominations for the Gold Logie lack something this year? It was the same last year. Then I realised that it may be because it lacks a "proper variety host" to the list. Variety hosts to win (and be nominated), say, from the last 20 years, include Ray Martin, Kerri-Anne Kennerley, Rove McManus, Shaun Micallef, Andrew Denton and Adam Hills. I think the lack of variety/talk shows of late are why the current people are nominated for the Gold. Nothing against them, as I like most of the current nominees, but it just feels like its missing something. My two cents worth

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2015 8:57 pm
the logies have started.

Dave Hughes did the opening monologue and he was pretty good. He mentioned Neighbours 30th Anniversary on air, which was good.

Hamish and Andy won the first awards of the night (light entertainment award). I don't get the hype of this show. And Home and Away won Popular Drama award. Meh

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2015 5:15 pm
anyone here watch the Logies on Sunday night? No surprises that I did.

I thought that the ceremony was better than the last few. It still needs improving, but at least it was headed into the right direction.

Some highlights from the night (awards winners):
- I was happy to see The Living Room win the Lifestyle Program award, and beat Better Homes long run at the top. Also good to see Utopia win the Outstanding Comedy Program award.
- Was happy to see the FIFA World Cup win Outstanding sports Coverage. SBS did a good job covering the tournament. Less Murray did a good job accepting it (we wont see him again, as he is now officially retired).
- A good win by Miranda Tapsell win two Logies for her role on Love Child. Deserving to win both New Talent Awards, awareded by her fans, and her peers.
- The Seven News team did a good acceptance speech when they were given a Logie for their work on the Lindt Café Siege.
- Carrie Bickmore's acceptance speech for the Gold Logie was great. Kudos to her for giving it at the peak of her career and at a platform where it would be seen by many.

The lowlights:
- I didn't like seeing the NRL Footy Show win for the Popular Sports Program. It didn't deserve it after last years shows.
- the In Memoriam segment was not good this year. The wide-shot of the big screen, with the names of those who past away were barely readable. There was a backlash on social media about this too

The presenters + guests:
- Dave Hughes did a great job for the opening monologue. He was funny, and got the awards off to a good start.
- Only Julia Morris can stuff up not reading out the nominations for the Outstanding Light Entertainment Program and just read the winner. She came back to read the nominations, which was in good humour.
- It would have been nice to maybe see Dave Hughes close the ceremony rather than Richard Wilkins. Hughes could have read the same script as Wilkins, but would have felt better (somehow).
- was it just me, or did Kerri-Anne Kennerley look different than usual while presenting the Gold Logie?
- as for the musical guests, there were too many international songs on the show. They should cut back to 1-2 songs.

Now.... bring on the 2016 Logies ;)

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2015 2:49 am
so no one watched the Logies that aired a few weeks ago? Surprising actually!

as for the Gold Logie next year, I do hope that there is a bit of variety being nominated. The last three years of nominations have been a tad boring for my liking. Although I didn't mind seeing Carrie Bickmore winning the Gold a few weeks ago, I think her competition was weak!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2015 10:31 pm
Some news regarding the 2016 Logies - with some changes to some awards:

TV Week has announced several changes to the Logie Awards for 2016.

In the public-voted categories it will introduce a Best News Panel Or A Current Affairs Program. It will also reinstate Best Factual, dropped in 2014, following some concerns shows were merged into the Reality category.

Promisingly it will also introduce a Most Outstanding Supporting Actor and Most Outstanding Supporting Actress in the industry-voted awards.

2016 will include original Australian program submissions from subscription streaming services*.

Voting is also opening much earlier this year, on Monday, 16 November and closing on 17 January 20

“We are excited to announce some new awards to the 58th TV Week Logie Awards, as we continue to evolve the awards, to give fans the chance to vote on the best shows and biggest stars on TV,” TV Week Publisher Jayne Ferguson says.

“The introduction of new industry voted awards for acting highlights our commitment to supporting outstanding Australian talent. We are looking forward to another fabulous celebration of everything that makes Australian television special and unique.”16.

TV Week has also appointed is Sally Burleigh of SBPR to manage their Public Relations and Kerry O’Brien Publicity to manage the red carpet and onsite media operations.

The 2016 Logies will be held Sunday 8 May at Crown and air on Nine.

*Programs must meet the criteria of the rules and guidelines.

source - http://tvtonight.com.au/2015/11/logies- ... ortly.html

It is great to see that the Supporting Actor and Actress awards are back. They have been long overdue. They should have been included a while ago. At least this is in the right direction. Also, it's good to see a "News Panel/ Current Affairs" Award being added.

For the Factual award returning - well, I am not too fussed if it is or not. I am not a big factual fan at the moment.

Voting starts in less than two weeks time, which I think is great. But voting is open for two whole months. That's a long time for voting. The voting closes in mid-January. And the Awards are to be held in May, some four months later. That's too late in the year for an awards ceremony that is based for the previous year!

What is everyone else's thoughts on the new awards, and the Logies dates?

Neighbours Extra
Cash on hand: 135.00
PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2015 4:25 am
VOTE Jackie Woodburne for Gold Logie!!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2015 12:35 am
Wooo. Voting began today.

I've just had a quick glance at the people/ programs that are shortlisted. Looking pretty good. No major omissions I can see. I will have a proper look later.

And i will vote later in the week. Anyone vote yet? Apart from....
Ramsaystreet wrote:VOTE Jackie Woodburne for Gold Logie!!

... who has posted many times in this forum and others to vote for her for the Gold. Great work for your persistence :)

I wouldn't mind seeing her up for Best Actress award. She's very underrated. And is great in Neighbours as an actress....

Neighbours Extra
Cash on hand: 135.00
PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2015 7:32 am
PreviousNext

Return to Miscellaneous & General TV Discussion