Afternoon News

How much do you love your TV? Gossip, news, programming, and ratings. A place to chat about Documentaries, Games shows, Ads...
Cecil B DeMille Life Time Achievement
Cash on hand: 30,542.50
Bank: 2,415,488.30
Mood: besotted
PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2014 10:06 am
yellow sock wrote:I personally think that there is too much news on our screens. Nine has News from 3pm til 5.30pm, then half an hour later, the 6pm news. Personally, I would cut the 4.15 news.

Personally rather than worry about the number of hours of news on tv, Id prefer that the "news" was actual news rather than a presentation of "anything filmed is news", predictions as news, feel good stories as news, opinion pieces as news, kids opinions/witnesses comments as news, doorstep attempted interviews/badgering as news, viral videos as news etc. etc
By all means have all day news, but divvy it up so I can avoid all the c**ppy filler that constitutes "news" nowadays. Oh, but still make it watchable - if it's too bats*it boring, I don't want to watch that either (ABC) ;)
Oscar Winner
Cash on hand: 10,925.80
Mood: not sure
PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2014 11:16 am
cleo wrote:
yellow sock wrote:I personally think that there is too much news on our screens. Nine has News from 3pm til 5.30pm, then half an hour later, the 6pm news. Personally, I would cut the 4.15 news.

Personally rather than worry about the number of hours of news on tv, Id prefer that the "news" was actual news rather than a presentation of "anything filmed is news", predictions as news, feel good stories as news, opinion pieces as news, kids opinions/witnesses comments as news, doorstep attempted interviews/badgering as news, viral videos as news etc. etc
By all means have all day news, but divvy it up so I can avoid all the c**ppy filler that constitutes "news" nowadays. Oh, but still make it watchable - if it's too bats*it boring, I don't want to watch that either (ABC) ;)

^ Isnt that statement a paradox into what news actually is? :|

Cecil B DeMille Life Time Achievement
Cash on hand: 108,391.80
Bank: 0.00
PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2017 11:52 am
Thankfully, there has been some reduced Afternoon News of late.

Currently, we have:
- Seven News at 4pm (one hour), plus The Daily Edition at 2pm that covers some news headlines
- Nine News Now at 3pm (one hour), plus Afternoon News at 4pm (one hour). The arvo news was reduces a few weeks ago to make room for Hot Seat's extension. I still don't know why Nine News Now is still in the schedule!!
- Tens News at 5pm (one hour). Extremely consistent schedule for some years now
- ABC Midday News (one hour) + 5pm News (30 min)
Oscar Nominee
Cash on hand: 16,354.10
Bank: 659,744.00
Mood: not sure
PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2017 6:55 am
yellow sock wrote:I still don't know why Nine News Now is still in the schedule!!
To be first with latest WRONG or GUESSED information which gets corrected in later bulletins :!: :!:
BRING BACK LETTERS AND NUMBERS
Previous

Return to Miscellaneous & General TV Discussion