Family Feud

How much do you love your TV? Gossip, news, programming, and ratings. A place to chat about Documentaries, Games shows, Ads...
Home and Away Star
Cash on hand: 0.00
PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 7:57 pm
I was surfing around and found this ...

http://www.memorabletv.com/quizshows/quizshowsftoh.htm

[quote:5dc665d553] FAMILY FEUD

Australia / 9 (then 7)-Grundy / x30m-e / 1977-84 then 1989-?

Long running quiz based on an equally long running US original in which two teams of five family members did battle against each other in a series of rounds, the questions were of the sort "we asked 100 people...." and the teams had to guess which answers made up the 100%. Celeb specials were seen between 1990-91. Hosts were Tony Barber (1977-80), Daryl Somers (1980-83), Sandy Scott (1984) and Rob Brough (1989-) [/quote:5dc665d553]

I'd totally forgotten about Daryl and Sandy Scott (whoever the heck he is!).

I liked the show back then but I think the format is a little dated now. The new Deal Or No Deal is much more up to date and even Bert is going to have a hard time bringing this one into the "naughties". I'd hate to see him and the show considered too old, though. I really think he deserved a better format than this ...

Like you, Samuel123, I will probably give it a go, but unless it's *really* good I can't see me giving Deal a permanent wide berth.
Last edited by kittecat on Fri Jan 06, 2006 9:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Thanks

Vicki

Tears are the means by which we cleanse our souls.
Cecil B DeMille Life Time Achievement
Cash on hand: 7,595.60
PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 10:12 pm
[quote:8afc0ae05f="Allie Basher"]I think the Packers should have a Feud over why they're rehashing this pathetic garbage. :lol:[/quote:8afc0ae05f]

:lol: yeah the packers fight it out in a boxing ring!. Okay ch9 here is a unique radical abstract idea that you might ONE DAY be able to try ORIGINAL IDEAS FFS.Thank love we didnt get nine when we got that new channel we got ten (or southern cross ten as we call it). :)
Oscar Nominee
Cash on hand: 210.00
Bank: 2,466,924.30
Mood: not sure
PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2006 1:11 pm
Now they just need to bring back It's A Knockout! :lol:
I'm gonna grab on to today, live every minute in the way, I know I should, Life is Good
Is the sweet, shy, quiet, innocent type. Hey! Stop laughing! You're blowing my cover!
Hollywood Movie Star
PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2006 1:58 pm
family feud? I thought this was reality tv until I came in and read everything :-D
See Above and Beyond in God's Kitchen! in Perth @ Sep 30, Metro City
Home and Away Star
PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2006 4:14 pm
[quote:4eaae046d2="dimpleberry"]family feud? I thought this was reality tv until I came in and read everything :-D[/quote:4eaae046d2]

Someone who doesn't know what Family Feud is? Now I *do* feel my age!
Thanks

Vicki

Tears are the means by which we cleanse our souls.
Cecil B DeMille Life Time Achievement
PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2006 4:29 pm
LMAO! Saw the Bert Newton ad the other day... I'v always said that Channel 9 LOVE to steal ideas from other things and call it their own.
They stole the 'He's back... where he belongs' from Channel Ten (which they used for The OC and Smallville), and of course Bert on top of a really old-fashioned (or brand spanking new technology for some Aussies) reception tower beating his chest is obviously taken from King Kong.
I don't know how Bert Newton puts up with this stuff. It makes him annoying, and I quite enjoy him when he's on Rove. But him swinging from a moon and on a tower makes him just look annoying. But that's what 9 goes for- annoying. Their whole existence is annoying. I hope a few planes from Channel 7 and 10 come and try to shoot him down from that damn tower.
Golden Globe Winner
PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2006 5:50 am
Will be interesting to see if Bert can make this tired old format work again.

I guess it will be good for Bert though as he'll only have to work 1 day a week, instead of 5 :)
Emmy Winner
PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 6:31 pm
[quote:4b1d4c85b2="Allie Basher"]LMAO! Saw the Bert Newton ad the other day... I'v always said that Channel 9 LOVE to steal ideas from other things and call it their own.
They stole the 'He's back... where he belongs' from Channel Ten (which they used for The OC and Smallville), and of course Bert on top of a really old-fashioned (or brand spanking new technology for some Aussies) reception tower beating his chest is obviously taken from King Kong.
I don't know how Bert Newton puts up with this stuff. It makes him annoying, and I quite enjoy him when he's on Rove. But him swinging from a moon and on a tower makes him just look annoying. But that's what 9 goes for- annoying. Their whole existence is annoying. I hope a few planes from Channel 7 and 10 come and try to shoot him down from that damn tower.[/quote:4b1d4c85b2]

I understand your feelings here. However remembering that Bert is probably one of the oldest people on our screens, that still has half a brain, I can forgive him for the dagginess he portrays at times. After Bert goes it will be all down to Darryl Somers - or worse - Kerry-ann Kennerley. :shock: With that thought in mind - long live Bert. :pray:

Australian Film Star
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 3:55 pm
what about coronation street in perth will that disappear for Family Feud or moved earlier?
Logie Nominee
PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2006 9:28 am
I've got a feeling Bert's Family Feud is a filler program until Channel 9 workout how to get rid of KAK in the mornings. Somehow the bigger 'Family Feud' will be behind closed doors at Channel 9. :wink:

ps. If any other Newton makes an appearance on FF, I'll f***ing throw something at the TV, I swear. [img:8c491c993b]http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b376/Forrie/smilies/angry2.gif[/img:8c491c993b]
PreviousNext

Return to Miscellaneous & General TV Discussion