SPOILERS AND DOWNLOADED TV EPISODE DISCUSSIONS

FlashForward, Grey's Anatomy, NCIS, 24, Bones, The Good Wife, House, Heroes, Lost, The Big Bang Theory
Cecil B DeMille Life Time Achievement
Cash on hand: 11,013.00
PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2005 9:22 am
with a lot of shows beginning in america, and ppl starting to use their bandwidth more and more, i felt it necessary to make this announcement.

this year, perhaps more so than last, there will be quite a few people (myself included), who will download popular american tv shows and want to discuss them.

so where can you talk about them? in the SPOILERS thread. for example, to discuss the premiere of lost season 2, go to the Lost Season 2 - SPOILERS thread.

the way these spoiler threads will work is as follows:

BEFORE the show airs its NEW season in america, spoilers can be discussed somewhat freely, but hopefully the big spoilers will still be put in spoiler boxes.

AFTER the first episode airs in america, spoilers on future UNAIRED episodes can NOT be discussed in the open, but must be talked about in spoiler boxes, but discussion on current episodes can go ahead normally (out of spoiler boxes). after each episode airs in america, dicussion on that episode can also go ahead, but please remember not to post spoilers from places like spoilerfix out in the open.

so if there's a show that you're downloading, that is NOT airing in australia, or australia isn't up to where america is, make a SPOILER thread for that season, or if you don't have enough posts, just speak to aliasfanjay or myself, and we'll do it for you.
[img05]http://i38.tinypic.com/2yoocbo.jpg[/img05]

Home and Away Star
Cash on hand: 0.00
PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2005 5:07 pm
Thanks for that sherry :) , i was wondering when and where those things can be discussed
[img9a]http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a86/jarrod13/Willandgrace2.jpg[/img9a]
Cash on hand: 17,131.40
Bank: 4,041.00
Mood: Tired
PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2005 5:25 pm
Good thinking sherry. Hopefully people be aware of these important rules. :D
Game Show Contestant
PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2005 8:23 pm
Where is it that you download these series from out of curiousity?

CHeers :?: :?: :?:
LisyLou

TVAus Rookie
Cash on hand: 2.50
PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2005 8:33 pm
[quote:21f9151e12="lisylou"]Where is it that you download these series from out of curiousity?

CHeers :?: :?: :?:[/quote:21f9151e12]

We can't help you find out how to download tv shows because that would be a violation of copyright laws.
Cash on hand: 17,131.40
Bank: 4,041.00
Mood: Tired
PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2005 9:26 pm
Just thought I'd rename the topic for the point of spoilers that are becoming rampant across all topics.

I'm just curious to see what people think of them, and see if there are any other ways people have to avoid them or for us to employ here for users to avoid them.

The unfortunate fact of the boards is that people will post spoilers, and due to the nature of them its hard to judge what is considered a spoiler to one person may be different to what another considers a spoilers which seems to become more of a problem than people posting info on episodes that haven't aired yet.

Its hard to police spoilers as well as the mods can't be here 24/7 - as much as we'd like to be I'm sure.

So what can we do to combat this? We have spoiler topics, spoiler warnings and spoiler spaces. But still there are problems as people never remember, aren't clear of the rules and just simply dont know what should be posted where.

Is there anything we can do? Or is it just a case of simply having to deal with it as many of us have had to do?
Hollywood Extra
Cash on hand: 2.50
PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2005 2:49 pm
You know, i did just that, i put a spoiler in a box so that no one would have to worry if they didnt want to read it, (on the biggest loser 2 forum) and then sure enough some one complained, and my spoilers were erased.... i did the right thing, why did it get removed?

That type of thing annoys me!
ER Surgeon
PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2005 2:54 pm
i think that before all spoilers there should be a vague description of the kind of info in the b ox - for example, info from screening in the US (in your case Ludwar) or Kristen's chat spoilers. Huge spoilers should be highlighted.

All spoilers should be in boxes, and if there is a separate spoiler topic it should go in there. otherwise, i don't think ppl should be complaining . they don't have to open the spoiler box - they're rampant on the net everywhere, so you can't expect to never come across them on here!
Cash on hand: 11,013.00
PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2005 3:03 pm
[quote:5d8d14a1db="ludwar"]You know, i did just that, i put a spoiler in a box so that no one would have to worry if they didnt want to read it, (on the biggest loser 2 forum) and then sure enough some one complained, and my spoilers were erased.... i did the right thing, why did it get removed?

That type of thing annoys me![/quote:5d8d14a1db]

i'm not sure what happened here, but i can assure you i didn't remove anything. i'll be going by these guidelines as strictly as i can. (if i see spoilers anyway, i tend to put them in spoiler boxes, instead of deleting them)

pretty much the only spoiler thread we have, where you don't need to use spoiler boxes for unaired spoiler ino, is the 24 - season 5 spoilers thread, because that doesn't start till january.

goodali makes a good point :P a vague description of what's in the spoiler box is always a handy thing.
[img05]http://i38.tinypic.com/2yoocbo.jpg[/img05]
ER Surgeon
PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2005 3:06 pm
i think it's mostly b/c ppl try to run away from spoilers. and then get pissed when they 'accidentally' open the box and it's a bigger spoiler than anticipated.

me - i get spoiled so often that it's like second nature to just 'pretend' i didn't even read it if i didn't want to know iT! :)
Next

Return to Drama and Comedies