American Crime Story

FlashForward, Grey's Anatomy, NCIS, 24, Bones, The Good Wife, House, Heroes, Lost, The Big Bang Theory
Cecil B DeMille Life Time Achievement
Cash on hand: 17,398.30
Bank: 0.00
PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2016 12:37 pm
Airdate: American Crime Story: The People vs O.J. Simpson

The all-star cast of American Crime Story: The People vs O.J. Simpson can be seen on TEN from Sunday March 6th.

Starring Cuba Gooding Jr., John Travolta and David Schwimmer, it replaces The X-Files which concludes next Sunday.

It has delighted critics around the world and broken ratings records in the US. Now the acclaimed new event television series The People V. O.J. Simpson is coming to Australia, exclusively on TEN.

Based on the book The Run of His Life: The People v. O.J. Simpson by Jeffrey Toobin, The People V. O.J. Simpson dramatises the most publicised trial in American history, from the perspective of the opposing lawyers: the defence “dream team” of Robert Shapiro, Johnnie Cochran and Robert Kardashian and the prosecutor Marcia Clark.

The all-star cast is led by Cuba Gooding Jr., John Travolta, Courtney B. Vance, David Schwimmer, Sarah Paulson, Selma Blair, Nathan Lane, Evan Handler, Cheryl Ladd, Connie Britton and Malcolm Jamal-Warner.

The People V. O.J. Simpson is written by Golden Globe® Award-winning producers Alexander and Karasze­wski (Big Eyes, The People v. Larry Flynt). Executive Producers are Golden Globe and Emmy Award-winner Ryan Murphy (American Horror Story, Glee, Nip/Tuck), Emmy-Award nominee Brad Falchuk (American Horror Story, Glee, Nip/Tuck), Nina Jacobsen (The Hunger Games, Diary of a Wimpy Kid) and Brad Simpson (Far From Heaven, Boys Don’t Cry, Diary of a Wimpy Kid). John Travolta also served as a Producer for the series.

Sunday 6 March at 8.30pm on TEN.

knew it would go in that slot, since X-Files is almost finished. will be watching for sure.

http://www.tvtonight.com.au/2016/02/air ... mpson.html

Cash on hand: 108,414.30
PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2016 2:16 am
I missed the first episode, but have pretty much watched this since. Surprisingly, I am enjoying the show overall.

Yes, I am aware of the storyline (like, just like everyone else. lol). The only slight downer I have in this show is that Cuba Gooding Jr looks nothing like OJ Simpson. Everyone else in the show look and act like their real live characters.
Cash on hand: 17,398.30
PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2016 12:51 am
I just only last week caught up with this, loved it.

it was just really well done and gripping. a great cast who most of them looked like the real people they were playing. good casting choices and great acting from them, Travolta over acted a bit I think. they all did a great job overall. it just seemed more then a TV Show/Mini Series, seemed like a longer version of a big Hollywood drama movie.. which it could have been.

what's interesting is that this in the US airs on FX, the channel doesn't allow any F words. going in watching this and knowing that I was surprised to hear the F word said in it from the end of episode 3, 5 being said through the whole series but it was interesting to see they included it. I've seen many FX shows before and they only ever say the S word, they don't use the F word at all and if they do they bleep it out.

anyway if you haven't seen it, and you like true crime stories like I do check it out!

I liked how they showed the real people at the end credits.

Movie:

This movie was rated 4.0 stars out of 5

Return to Drama and Comedies