Fargo

FlashForward, Grey's Anatomy, NCIS, 24, Bones, The Good Wife, House, Heroes, Lost, The Big Bang Theory
Cecil B DeMille Life Time Achievement
Cash on hand: 17,398.30
Bank: 0.00
PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 11:57 pm
Oh ya

Airdate: Fargo

Good to see SBS has picked up the rights to the small screen adaptation of Fargo, based on the feature film of the same name.

The new 10-part series retains Joel and Ethan Coen as Executive Producers, and the cast features Billy Bob Thornton, Martin Freeman, Colin Hanks, Bob Odenkirk plus Oliver Platt, Kate Walsh, Glenn Howerton, and Adam Goldberg.

Together with Vikings, Masters of Sex, The Returned, Orphan Black, Rectify, The Escape Artist and Scandi-dramas, SBS has certainly been upping its arthouse dramas of late.

The FX series will premiere in the US in mid-April and air in Australia two weeks later.

“I’m very excited that SBS will be the home of the Fargo series in Australia”, SBS Director of Television Tony Iffland says.

“We’ve already cemented our reputation for bringing Australian audiences the best in high quality, bold international drama series with programs like Borgen and The Killing. A thrilling 10-part series, Fargo is the next step in building our reputation for offering the world’s best scripted English language dramas, following on from success stories such as Vikings and Masters of Sex.

“The legendary Coen brothers are synonymous with cutting edge drama, and they’ve produced a series full of their trademark black humour and unexpected plot twists”, Iffland says. “Driven by quirky dialogue and star performances from heavyweights including Thornton, Freeman and Odenkirk, we are immensely proud to bring the next big thing in US drama series to Australian screens.”

Fargo, adapted by novelist/writer Noah Hawley, follows an all-new “true” crime case with new characters, all entrenched in the trademark humour, murder and “Minnesota nice” that made the Academy Award-winning film an enduring classic.

Oscar winner Thornton stars as Lorne Malvo, a rootless, manipulative man who meets and forever changes the life of small town insurance salesman Lester Nygaard, played by BAFTA Award winner Martin Freeman.

Colin Hanks plays Duluth Police Deputy Gus Grimly, a single dad who must choose between his own personal safety and his duty as a policeman when he comes face-to-face with a killer. Allison Tolman stars as Molly Solverson, an ambitious Bemidji deputy and Emmy winner Bob Odenkirk plays the bungling deputy Bill Oswalt.

9.30pm, Thursday 1 May on SBS ONE.

I had no idea this was even being made, will check it out.

http://www.tvtonight.com.au/2014/03/airdate-fargo.html
PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 12:06 am
Last edited by Cyborg on Mon May 05, 2014 2:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cash on hand: 13,665.50
Bank: 5,832,417.80
Mood: lost the plot
PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 9:38 am
Sounds good. I like old Billy Bob.
Golden Globe Nominee
Cash on hand: 3,877.70
PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 4:50 pm
Yaaaaaa or however they say it in that part of Yankieland :mrgreen:
Fargo was a very good movie that still sticks in my mind.
In the game of life always back self-interest.
Cash on hand: 1,917.50
PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2014 6:54 pm
The movie is one of my favourites, so I was a bit hesitant about this. But the previews have been pretty good.

And a cast that includes Billy Bob Thornton, Martin Freeman, Bob Odenkirk and Glenn Howerton is something I'm quite excited for.
Emmy Nominee
Cash on hand: 520.00
PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 8:50 pm
Coming from someone who hasn't seen the movie, I thought the pilot was great. Felt very cinematic.

If it can maintain this standard, we should be in for a great season. :)
PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2014 2:28 pm
this aired last night with a double episode, I didn't watch it as it clashed with other stuff.

but I did find out SBS 2 will be encoring it on Sunday Night!

people have said it's the best show of this year.
PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2014 7:54 pm
I recorded both episodes but had a sneak preview while flicking though the channels. What I saw with a hammer and a nagging wife was enough to make me wait to watch it in full :D
Not that I condone violence :lol:

And I haven't said what happened with the hammer!

I didn't think this was spoiler material since I only saw about 60 seconds, and didn't know what happened before and didn't see what happened after. So enjoy and let's discuss!
PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 9:00 am
Well I finally watched the first episode and it was brilliant. :<
Cash on hand: 1,917.50
PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2014 1:05 am
Not up to par with the film, but pretty darn brilliant all the same. Pretty much nails the dark humour of the film to a tee.

And Billy Bob Thornton is so, so good. Immensely talented actor. He should do more work with the Coen Brothers; The Man who Wasn't There is one of my all-time favourites.
Next

Return to Drama and Comedies