House Husbands

FlashForward, Grey's Anatomy, NCIS, 24, Bones, The Good Wife, House, Heroes, Lost, The Big Bang Theory

Cecil B DeMille Life Time Achievement
Cash on hand: 108,441.80
Bank: 0.00
PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 12:05 am
i have watched bits and pieces of this show. I don't mind it. I just think that the writing of the show needs to be a little better. It's not as polished as i would like the show to be

I dont hate the show, but don't love it either. It's just a ''good enough'' type of show
Cash on hand: 9,842.50
Bank: 804,267.00
Mood: Tired
PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 11:26 am
It's growing on me. Harmless fun and a few laughs on a Sunday night. I'm sure most of us can remember being spewed on by a child...;)
The power of submission lies not in the ability to kneel before another, to give over one's body or in the wearing of a collar.
The power of submission can be found only in the heart of one who gives her love to another freely knowing what joy and pain will come of it - Roguer
Emmy Nominee
Cash on hand: 582.50
PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 4:46 pm
http://www.tvtonight.com.au/2013/03/ret ... bands.html

Back April 8th & up against "Revenge s2"!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2014 3:32 am
I watched the first few episodes of this season. I didn't mind it. I watched a little bit of last season too.

The cast is fine, but the writing seems a little off though.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2015 12:58 am
The fourth season began on Monday night.

Am not sure how long this season goes for.

Anyone watch it?
PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2015 9:56 am
yellow sock wrote:The fourth season began on Monday night.

Am not sure how long this season goes for.

Anyone watch it?

According to Throng it's a 10 episode season.

I like this show. A bit of drama, a few laughs, likeable characters.
The power of submission lies not in the ability to kneel before another, to give over one's body or in the wearing of a collar.
The power of submission can be found only in the heart of one who gives her love to another freely knowing what joy and pain will come of it - Roguer
PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 5:58 pm
House Husbands to air Mondays on Nine

The long wait for new House Husbands is almost over with confirmation today that the new season will kick off Mondays from February 6.

The exceptional cast of characters navigating the craziness of modern life includes Hugh Sheridan (Nick),  Delta Goodrem (Izzy), Gary Sweet (Lewis), Firass Dirani (Justin), Rhys Muldoon (Mark), Julia Morris (Gemma), Natalie Saleeba (Abi), Jane Allsop (Rachel), Louise Siversen (Miss Looby) and Denise Scott (Nurse Toni).

New faces in town include Nancye Hayes (Liz) and Roy Billing (Bernie) playing Mark’s overbearing parents, plus Rahart Adams (Rafiq) as Justin’s estranged younger brother with a troubled past.

In the premiere episode, Lewis (Gary Sweet) is unimpressed with his neighbour Rachel’s (Jane Allsop) new younger beau and their alfresco lovemaking habits. He’s even less impressed to discover that this suitor, Nick (Hugh Sheridan), will be teaching music at Nepean South Primary School and hitting all the right notes with kids and parents alike. Lewis is certain that Nick is hiding something and he’s determined to expose it.

Nine’s co-Heads of Drama, Jo Rooney, and Andy Ryan said: “We’re enormously proud of House Husbands reaching its fifth season. The new additions to the cast make a seamless transition and bring an extra dimension to the domestic entanglements at the heart of the action.”

House Husbands returns 8:40 PM Monday, February 6 on Nine.

http://rynostv.com/house-husbands-to-ai ... s-on-nine/
PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 6:32 am
Axed: House Husbands

EXCLUSIVE: Nine has officially confirmed the end for Logie-winning drama House Husbands after 5 seasons.

The Playmaker Media series starring Gary Sweet, Firass Dirani, Rhys Muldoon and Julia Morris, last aired in April 2017, although production concluded in mid-2016.

Nine had explored the possibility of a spin-off around Gary Sweet’s Lewis Crabb but opted not to proceed, concluding with 58 episodes. But it also pointed towards the challenges of producing Drama under current funding models.

“House Husbands had a great run over five seasons, and it certainly could continue with the numbers it was getting,” Nine Network Program Director Hamish Turner told TV Tonight.

“However, there is no question the 65 episode cap on the Producer Offset is a major financial hurdle for all long-running dramas. Hopefully that restriction will change.”

It follows recent confirmation that another Nine / Playmaker drama, Love Child, would also not be returning.

“Love Child was still performing strongly for us through to season 4, and it continues to be extremely popular on 9Now. We love the show, but we’re also satisfied that the storylines have come to a natural conclusion after a great run,” Turner said.

Industry concerns around funding increases after 65 episodes persist, as shows lose a rebate and effectively cost 20% more. Other shows ending around 65 episodes include Sea Patrol, Rush and Dance Academy, while Offspring - which had initially ended under the same cap- managed a return in 2017.

Matthew Deaner, CEO of Screen Producers Australia, said, “The 65-hour cap is an arbitrary and perverse disincentive for success. A sustainable industry relies on long-running productions that provide certainty in employment, skills development and investment. Market conditions have changed since the cap was introduced. To grow a sustainable television industry, this cap should be removed.”

A recent government inquiry into the Australian film and television industry recommended removing the 65 hour cap on television series accessing the offset.

https://tvtonight.com.au/2018/02/axed-h ... bands.html
Previous

Return to Drama and Comedies