Blue Heelers

FlashForward, Grey's Anatomy, NCIS, 24, Bones, The Good Wife, House, Heroes, Lost, The Big Bang Theory
Hollywood Extra
Cash on hand: 2.50
PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 1:01 am
It was so awesome to see Ditch Davey (aka Jonesy) pop up as a patient who had trouble expressing his homosexuality on all saints tonight. Its a shame though that he couldnt get a more permanent acting job. He did a great job though.

News Anchor
Cash on hand: 0.00
PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 5:10 pm
I was flicking through the channels last night and caught sight of Ditch in All Saints. Made me miss BH even more. Wasn't a fan of his blonde hair though.
Hollywood Legend
Cash on hand: 167.50
Mood: Tired
PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 8:26 pm
[quote:910ff277c8="missbelinda77"] Wasn't a fan of his blonde hair though.[/quote:910ff277c8]

Me neither lol.

Jayde xxxx
"If two people were meant to be together, eventually they'll find their way back." - Chuck Bass

News Anchor
PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 7:12 am
Anyone know when does Amy Gordon I be screen on [i:6c82cbde5e]Neighbours[/i:6c82cbde5e] as Charlotte Stone.?
Weather Presenter
PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 9:59 am
Tonight is RACHEL Gordon's first appearance, so TV Week say.

So tune in tonight! ;)
[img69]http://img405.imageshack.us/img405/249/gottabelievesigwp1.jpg[/img69]
~*~McLeod's Daughters 7:30pm Channel 9~*~
Stevie+Alex~Jodi+Matt~Kate+Dave
Hollywood Extra
Cash on hand: 2.50
PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 11:30 am
Yeh i wasnt a fan of the blonde hair either - i cant wait till Rachel is on tv tonight. Neighbours producers are finally doing something right and bringing in some great actors! So excited!
Cecil B DeMille Life Time Achievement
Cash on hand: 9,674.60
PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 7:32 pm
I was only thinking about Blue Heelers the other day.

Seven axed it and now they're giving City Homicide the greenlight and promoting it.

I think Seven could have saved Blue Heelers if they wanted to. Simple, put it after Dancing with the Stars and try All Saints in another slot.

I think with a stronger lead in, Heelers would have rated and I think if Seven waited a bit longer Heelers would have lifted as the novelty of House wore off. Plus, Heelers would have had a hugely compatible lead in hour with both The Force and Police Files Unlocked tying into the crime theme.

It was always consistent and guaranteed around 1.1 million viewers and often more all year long. Seven have Heroes and it is cheaper but it was doing less than 1.1 million and only had a limited run.

Anyway, just thought i'd post what I was thinking.

For fans of BH who don't know, Sea Patrol has premiered on Nine, with Lisa in a leading role. Matthew Holmes is also starring.

Rachel is currently in a recurring role on Home & Away now, as Drew's wicked mother.

Martin Sacks is apparently starring in a new drama for Nine called Underbelly.

Not sure what everyone else is up to.
[img31]http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k64/ryan_1890/ch-keyart.jpg[/img31]
[b31]AFTER ALL NEW MEDICAL EMERGENCY[/b31]
Australian Film Star
PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 7:47 pm
I was thinking exactly the same thing.

Blue Heelers had a solid audience at the end of its 12th season. but then when it returned on a saturday night, which IMO is possibly the shitest timeslot you could give an australian drama up against AFL on other channels, is when its ratings began to fall dramatically. its happened to other aussie shows when their timeslot is changed, stingers, last man standing, etc.

Although I'm really, really like the look of City Homicide, there is a tiny part inside me that whats it to fail just to annoy Channel Seven. I see in news articles that it is a cross between Blue Heelers and Stingers, Stingers will forever be my favourite show, but why not keep Blue Heelers on if its going to be like it?? :shock:

I understand that seven wanted to gain a weekly audience for Prison Break, but i dont feel that Aussie drama should have suffered again. Yet another case of US 20 million dollar drama killing local Aussie stuff.

And as you said ryan1890 putting Blue Heelers on tuesdays after Dancing would have worked, and even with The Force and Police Files Unlocked with a leadin, as you mentioned, have it like a crime night, why not... there was never TF and PFU leadin which Heelers would have had the following year when it was chucked to saturdays.

But yeah, excellent points ryan1890, just makes you think how much seven really did screw over Blue Heelers

Also, McCune is also staring in a musical in Melbourne or Sydney atm, titled The 25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee, it also stars Magda Szubanski
[img42]http://i31.tinypic.com/1623blc.jpg[/img42]
Tonight Show Host
PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 8:04 pm
Reading all this has made me miss blue heelers a lot. it was so much more of an enjoyable show than mcclouds and all saints
Cecil B DeMille Life Time Achievement
Cash on hand: 9,674.60
PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 8:17 pm
Blue Heelers had a lot of heart and the characters were so realistic.

It died a terrible death in a Saturday night timeslot that Seven should never have scheduled it in.
[img31]http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k64/ryan_1890/ch-keyart.jpg[/img31]
[b31]AFTER ALL NEW MEDICAL EMERGENCY[/b31]
PreviousNext

Return to Drama and Comedies