The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson

FlashForward, Grey's Anatomy, NCIS, 24, Bones, The Good Wife, House, Heroes, Lost, The Big Bang Theory
Golden Globe Nominee
Cash on hand: 502.50
PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2010 2:24 pm
Finally our prayers have been answered after 6 long years ...

ELEVEN has released some of its first week of Programming, to begin at 11am on Tuesday January 11th with The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson.
The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson has a 10:30pm screening, presumably Monday – Friday with a morning replay (it begins with a double episode on the launch date).

I assume this will air in the same way Letterman Does on Ten with the US Friday show airing here Monday night and the rest the usual day late.

I myself can not wait for Australians to finally see the genius that is Craig Ferguson and Geoff Peterson !!

Discuss :)
Emmy Nominee
Cash on hand: 2.50
Bank: 2,293,634.50
Mood: Happy
PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2010 2:27 pm
Yes it'll be great to finally see it for the first time and the next morning replay, if they continue with it, might just come in handy.
2010B & 2011A TvAus Ratings Comp Winner, TvAus AFL Tipping Comp: 2011 Co-Winner, 2012 Runner-up.

Member 18685 - an asset of NSW.
Logie Winner
Cash on hand: 172.50
PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2010 4:46 pm
Woo hoo,Christmas has come early
Cecil B DeMille Life Time Achievement
Bank: 4,298,345.30
Mood: feeling under the weather
PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2010 5:06 pm
I did hear something on the show about LLS coming out to Australia... And I was all confused 'cause I couldn't find any news about it (which is odd, since this article is from September :? ). But yay! O<>

If only I had digital TV. ;)

I'll get it next year sometime. For now, I'm happy to continue with downloads.

ER Surgeon
Cash on hand: 612.50
PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 10:18 am
Just happened upon this news, and I'm so happy that you'll be able to see Craig Ferguson each night!

He comes on here at 12:30 a.m., after Letterman each night on CBS. And there are many nights when I stay up late just to see his show. In my opinion, he's the best of all the late night talk show hosts. Beats Leno, Letterman, Conan, Kimmel, and Fallon.

Yay Craig!

Oh, by the way, I might be in the minority on this--but I absolutely LOATHE Jeff (or is it Geoff) Peterson! For those of you who don't know, he's Craig's robot skeleton sidekick. It started as a small joke, and now the thing is just yacking away all the time. Sheesh. So irritating. That's the one thing about the show that I'd change. I say, more puppets (love the cussing rabbit), less Jeff!!
PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 12:12 pm
PCH wrote:Oh, by the way, I might be in the minority on this--but I absolutely LOATHE Jeff (or is it Geoff) Peterson!

Geoff. ;) I love him with Craig, especially when they do the silent gags, but I'm not a fan of his "red carpet interviews" - they can do without those.

The best new part of the show is SECRETARIAT! :<

ER Surgeon
PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 8:31 pm
Platypus wrote: The best new part of the show is SECRETARIAT! :<

HA! That's so weird. I have no idea why they started doing that. :D

But for my money, give me Sid the cussing rabbit, and Wavy the suave killer crocodile. Just totally cracks me up every time. Not to mention, "What have we learned on the show tonight, Craig?" at the end of each show. The guy is just hilarious.

I wish CBS would promote the show more, and maybe give him a bigger studio--that doesn't leak when it rains. :) It would be a shame if he just got tired of toiling in obscurity in late night and decided to walk. As much as I like Letterman (the guy, not necessarily the show, because I think Dave used to be great but has been phoning it in for a while now) I wish CF would have the chance to move up and take Letterman's place.
PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 1:51 am
PCH wrote:
Platypus wrote: The best new part of the show is SECRETARIAT! :<

HA! That's so weird. I have no idea why they started doing that. :D

It started after they did that trailer thing for the movie Secretariat. I guess they figured: 'well, we've got the horse-costume, may as well use it'. They probably didn't realise just how awesome the whole thing would turn out to be... And now that they've got the "Team Secretariat" t-shirts, they won't be stopping it any time soon. :mrgreen:

PCH wrote:But for my money, give me Sid the cussing rabbit, and Wavy the suave killer crocodile. Just totally cracks me up every time. Not to mention, "What have we learned on the show tonight, Craig?" at the end of each show. The guy is just hilarious.

Love Sid and Wavy, but I miss the older puppets like Kronos the Monkey. Also miss Gustave Flaubert the Pig. At least Kronos & Gustave are always in the opening sequence.

Speaking of puppets, came across this from a 2009 episode... I think I remember watching it last year. :lol:

PCH wrote:I wish CBS would promote the show more, and maybe give him a bigger studio--that doesn't leak when it rains. :) It would be a shame if he just got tired of toiling in obscurity in late night and decided to walk. As much as I like Letterman (the guy, not necessarily the show, because I think Dave used to be great but has been phoning it in for a while now) I wish CF would have the chance to move up and take Letterman's place.

He could do with a little more promotion, but his complaints about the lack of band, terrible lighting, and leaky roof is just part of the show's charm.

AFAIK, Craig is first in line to take over The Late Show when Dave leaves, but I'd personally hate to see him get so much extra stuff that everything I've come to love about Craig & the LLS format gets overshadowed by all the trimmings. Letterman is just the host of The Late Show. Ferguson IS The Late Late Show.

ER Surgeon
PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 5:17 am
Platypus wrote: Love Sid and Wavy, but I miss the older puppets like Kronos the Monkey. Also miss Gustave Flaubert the Pig. At least Kronos & Gustave are always in the opening sequence.
Speaking of puppets, came across this from a 2009 episode... I think I remember watching it last year...

Hadn't seen the puppet chorus before. :D Thanks for sharing that.
Now, I'll see your puppet chorus, and raise you one Sid the Cussing Rabbit. :)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OueSatH1kCQ&feature=related

He could do with a little more promotion, but his complaints about the lack of band, terrible lighting, and leaky roof is just part of the show's charm.

Now that you mention it, I have to agree with you. His complaints about the cheesiness of the studio and how everything is crap IS part of the show's charm. But I do wish they'd give him an earlier timeslot.
Golden Globe Nominee
Cash on hand: 502.50
PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 8:41 am
Three words,

Kiko, Yuriko & Peggy :)
Next

Return to Drama and Comedies