Covert Affairs

FlashForward, Grey's Anatomy, NCIS, 24, Bones, The Good Wife, House, Heroes, Lost, The Big Bang Theory
Cecil B DeMille Life Time Achievement
Cash on hand: 47.50
Bank: 4,577,822.00
Mood: Happy
PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 10:10 pm
Seven to premiere hit freshman cable drama, coming soon. B1andB2 spoke about it earlier and got me interested then i saw a promo tonight just before Rafters and this series looks good. So i went scouting for more info and came up with this. It airs on USA Network in America so its a cable show. BTW this only premiered in the US on July 13th and there is expected to be 11-13 episodes in the first season.

From what i have read on other forums and what not if you loved Alias and 24 you should love this. However it has had mixed reviews in the US.

I found the sneak peak on the Yahoo7 website:

http://au.tv.yahoo.com/plus7/covert-affairs/

It stars Piper Perabo who i think is a great. Been waiting to see her pop up somewhere.

Here is a synopsis from a USA Network Press Release. This show sounds very interesting. Maybe its a 9:30pm Monday show? Would definitely fit with the Criminal Minds lead in.

The Futon Critic wrote:In COVERT AFFAIRS, USA's newest original series, we meet Annie Walker (Piper Perabo), a young CIA trainee who is suddenly thrust into the inner sanctum of the agency after being promoted to field operative. While it appears that she has been hand-picked for her exceptional linguistic skills, it may be something from her past that her CIA bosses are really after. Christopher Gorham plays Auggie Anderson, a CIA military intelligence agent, blinded while on assignment, and Annie's guide in this world of bureaucracy, excitement and intrigue. Peter Gallagher is Arthur Campbell, the formidable director of Clandestine Services for the CIA. Sendhil Ramamurthy plays Jai Wilcox, an agent with a rich family history within the walls of the CIA. Anne Dudek plays Danielle, a married mother of two and Annie's older sister who knows nothing of Annie's life as a spy. Kari Matchett plays Joan, head of the CIA's Domestic Protection Division...and Arthur's wife. From Universal Cable Productions, COVERT AFFAIRS is executive produced by Doug Liman (the "Bourne" trilogy, "Mr. & Mrs. Smith," "The O.C.") and Dave Bartis ("The O.C.," "The Heist") through Dutch Oven and written and co-executive produced by Matt Corman ("Deck the Halls") and Chris Ord ("Deck the Halls"). James Parriott (Grey's Anatomy," "Ugly Betty") executive produces. Jonathan Glassner ("Stargate SG-1," "CSI: Miami") is co-executive producer and director. Tim Matheson (USA's BURN NOTICE, PSYCH, "Criminal Minds") directed the pilot.

Also here is the ratings premiere. It did very well for a 10pm timeslot on cable and had the highest rated scripted cable premiere this year in the 18-49 demo. So this sounds like a winner already.

Deadline wrote:Covert Affairs drew 4.9 million viewers for its opener at 10 PM. It performed well in the younger demos: its adults 18-49 average, 2.104 million, makes Covert Affairs the highest-rated scripted cable premiere this year in the demographic, edging out the 2.079 million 18-49 tally for TNT’s new drama Rizzoli & Isles (Rizzoli easily tops all cable newcomers in total viewers with 7.6 million)

Covert Affairs' premiere audience of 4.9 million is lower than the debuts of USA’s Royal Pains and White Collar (5.6 million and 5.4 million, respectively) last year, but those series had more established lead-ins (Burn Notice and Monk, respectively). Covert Affairs followed the second-season premiere of White Collar (4.3 million), which was down 20% from its first season premiere as the show has moved to the anchor position on Wednesday and faced the much-hyped episode of The Deadliest Catch last night. The show still finished 12% above its average for the lower-rated winter portion of Season 1. Stylish spy drama Covert Affairs starring Piper Perabo, built on its White Collar lead-in by double digits in all key measures. USA's Collar/Covert combo finished ahead of TNT's Hawthorne/Memphis Beat, which averaged 2.6 million and 3.0 million viewers, respectively at 9PM and 10PM, and tied (Hawthorne)/hit (Memphis Beat) series lows in 18-49.
Cash on hand: 17,273.30
Bank: 0.00
PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 10:23 pm
sweet, saw the trailer and it looked pretty good. will be watching.
Cash on hand: 9,840.30
Mood: Cool
PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2010 11:16 pm
Yeah have managed to catch the promo for this as well and at first I thought it was that new JJ Abrams spy-comedy piece until I realised the promo was more dramatic than funny. I'm getting serious Alias Vibes from it as well, although I'm not expecting the storylines to be quite as out there from what I can tell, but who knows, might be surprised.

Interesting casting too, I was like 'Ooh, havent seen that chick from Coyote Ugly in ages, and also Henry from Ugly Betty. Didn't realise Peter Gallagher was also in it until I saw that cast pic just now either.

Anyway will definitely be one to take a look at. :D
PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2010 10:20 pm
Well more ratings from the show and it continues to rise up. It has hit series highs and the fans are enjoying it too. I cant wait for it now knowing it seems to be getting better by the weeks.

TV By The Numbers wrote:USA’s Tuesday nights heat up as newest series COVERT AFFAIRS hits series highs

COVERT AFFAIRS is the #1 show of the day, hitting series highs, up +23% in P18-49 (2.3 million), +15% in P25-54 (2.3 million) and up +10% in total viewers (5.3 million)
Emmy Winner
Cash on hand: 7,600.30
PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2010 10:42 pm
The ratings increase is a good sign. Is that Mohinder from Heroes?

I hope I see the preview during Cougar Town...
PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 8:40 pm
B1andB2 wrote:The ratings increase is a good sign. Is that Mohinder from Heroes?

I hope I see the preview during Cougar Town...

Yes it is.

We have a premiere date. Monday week 9:30pm :D I told ya

TV Tonight wrote:Airdate: Covert Affairs

US spy series Covert Affairs begins on Seven soon.

The drama stars Piper Perabo as Annie Walker, a young CIA trainee who is thrust into the inner sanctum of the agency when she is unexpectedly promoted to field operative. While it appears that she has been plucked from obscurity for her exceptional linguistic skills, there may be something or someone from her past that her CIA bosses are really after.

The cast also features Christopher Gorman (Ugly Betty), Sendhil Ramamurthy (Heroes) and, in a recurring role, Peter Gallagher (The OC).

The series is produced by Doug Liman (Go, The Bourne Identity, The OC), David Bartis (The OC, Knight Rider) and Jonathan Glassner (Stargate SG-1).

Produced for the USA Network, it only premiered in the US in July where 4 episodes, including the Pilot, have aired.

It premieres 9:30pm Monday August 16.
Oscar Winner
Cash on hand: 97.50
PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 9:47 pm
I already watched the first 4 Episodes. It is very much like "Alias". I love it!! Episode 4 was fantastic!

I liked seeing that handsome actor Peter Gallagher back on the screen again. It's been a while since I last saw him in any show or movie. Piper Perabo is perfect for the role of Annie Walker. She's doing just as good as Jennifer Garner.

And I love her tech help - Auggie Anderson, played by Christopher Gorham from "Ugly Betty" fame. He is much better here than "Ugly Betty". Good thing that show got cancelled. It's a shame he had to play blind on this show.

On top of seeing Sendhil Ramamurthy (who played Mohinder in NBC's "Heroes), you will also see Anne Dudek who plays Annie Walker's big sister Danielle Brooks. For those who watch "House", will remember her as Dr. Amber Volakis.

In case anyone is downloading, you can find it on Wednesdays (airs Tuesday night in the U.S.).
[img44]http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f379/Mark777dvdcinema/07082009_warehouse13.jpg[/img44]
Bafta Nominee
Cash on hand: 15.00
PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2010 4:09 pm
This looks good! I loved Alias, so ive been waiting for something else like it to come along..
Sydney: Forgive me for being forthright, or female, but this is the way it's going to be.
Cash on hand: 17,273.30
Bank: 0.00
PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2010 8:29 pm
heres Seven's Promo, not sure if the main channel is the right place for the show.. maybe 7Two but not 7 -

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 12:31 am
I think its perfect for Seven out of Criminal Minds but i can see where you are coming from. Had it been out of City Homicide or Packed To The Rafters i think it would fail but Seven is giving it the best possible chance. I so love Alias and that promo had Alias written all over it. Cant wait to see it next Monday. An extended preview was shown again tonight, even though its the same one from last Tuesday i think the promotion for the show has been good so with any luck it does well enough to stay on the main channel.
Next

Return to Drama and Comedies