The Event

FlashForward, Grey's Anatomy, NCIS, 24, Bones, The Good Wife, House, Heroes, Lost, The Big Bang Theory
Cecil B DeMille Life Time Achievement
Cash on hand: 47.50
Bank: 4,577,822.00
Mood: Happy
PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2010 12:07 pm
Well David Knox at TV Tonight has 3 World Exclusive clips of this new series. To me this is the series i am waiting for with no Lost, 24 or FlashForward i need something to fill that void and i think this show can do that. This could finally be NBC's shining light to a comeback too. I guess we will all find out soon enough.

To see these 3 clips which take about 1min to load before they appear, click here: http://www.tvtonight.com.au/2010/07/the ... romos.html

Here is the article

TV Tonight wrote:The Event promos

WORLD EXCLUSIVE: TV Tonight today reveals three unseen promos for The Event, NBC’s high-concept drama coming to the US this September.

These three promos will not be aired by NBC until Sunday (US time).

TV Tonight can also confirm the show will be fastracked to Australia by the Seven Network.

Bring it on…

Click here to view clips: http://www.tvtonight.com.au/2010/07/the ... romos.html
Last edited by greysfan on Mon Sep 27, 2010 5:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Oscar Winner
Cash on hand: 1,590.00
PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2010 12:34 pm
I've been intrigued by the Internet promos. This is good news. I'll be watching it. Hopefully the series delivers.
Currently watching:
Kyle XY - Season 2, 30 Rock - Season 2, Vikings, Gankutsuou
Cash on hand: 17,131.40
Bank: 4,041.00
Mood: Tired
PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 11:42 pm
Lets hope its not too high concept for people... but with so many of them biting the dust last season, there is room for a new obsession I suppose... admitedly, this was one of only a handfull of shows I'm looking forward to.
Cash on hand: 47.50
Bank: 4,577,822.00
Mood: Happy
PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2010 6:34 pm
I am expecting high things from this series. It is definitely one of the buzz series of 2010 and i think it will do very well.

TV Tonight wrote:Airdate: The Event

As promised, Seven is fastracking NBC’s new high-concept drama The Event, starring Jason Ritter and Blair Underwood.

It will premiere Monday, September 27 at 8.30pm.

The Event is an emotional, high-octane conspiracy thriller that follows Sean Walker (Jason Ritter, The Class), an everyman who investigates the mysterious disappearance of his would-be fiancée, Leila (Sarah Roemer, Disturbia), and unwittingly begins to expose the biggest cover-up in U.S. history.

Sean’s quest will send ripples through the lives of an eclectic band of strangers, including newly elected U.S. President Elias Martinez (Golden Globe nominee Blair Underwood, In Treatment); Sophia Maguire (Emmy Award nominee Laura Innes, ER), who is the leader of a mysterious group of detainees; and Leila’s shadowy father (Scott Patterson, Gilmore Girls). Their futures are on a collision course in a global conspiracy that could ultimately change the fate of mankind.

The series premieres in the US on September 20.

Emmy Winner
Cash on hand: 7,501.40
PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2010 7:06 pm
Well, The Event. Mondays at 8:30. Same timeslot as Flashforward. I wonder if history will repeat itself.

Look, the more I hear about this show, the more I like it, but I just don't think that it's a show that appeals to the masses. It will definitely premiere well but it probably will end up like Flashforward.
Cash on hand: 17,131.40
Bank: 4,041.00
Mood: Tired
PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2010 8:41 pm
MillerT2 wrote:Well, The Event. Mondays at 8:30. Same timeslot as Flashforward. I wonder if history will repeat itself.

Look, the more I hear about this show, the more I like it, but I just don't think that it's a show that appeals to the masses. It will definitely premiere well but it probably will end up like Flashforward.

I am thinking the same thing. Too soon after the loss of other high-concept shows, I think we need at least a season buffer before people will be interested in investing time into another a high-concept series like this. Not that I'm not hopeful; its one of only a few shows I'm going to try this season, so I hope it works. At least in the US if not here...

EDIT: Man, not on 7mate, so not in HD. Damn...
Oscar Nominee
Cash on hand: 16,354.10
Bank: 659,744.00
Mood: not sure
PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2010 12:55 pm
Sounding a bit like 24 to me actually.
BRING BACK LETTERS AND NUMBERS

Screen Actors Guild Winner
Cash on hand: 72.50
Bank: 116,581.60
PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 6:14 pm
oh FFS...one thing i hate in tv shows is the usage of " xx hours/minutes earlier ".
This show uses it on like half a dozen occasions in the one episode!

Obviously we are meant to think he 97 are aliens.

But im thinking maybe Angels or ex Dharma employees :-)

How about they all went to sleep for 2 minutes and 20 seconds, crossed over in the alternate Earth when Walter opened the portal and crashed and ended up lost on an Island?
****"Unless you Puke, Faint or Die- KEEP WALKING!"
Jillian Michaels
Oscar Winner
Cash on hand: 1,590.00
PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 11:13 am
First episode was intriguing but jumped all over the place (not a problem for a 2-hour pilot, but this was only 1-hour long). It didn't give us time to connect with any one (or more) characters. The second episode was much better. The characters aren't the most interesting but the mystery and intrigue keep me watching to see what happens next. And I want the male protagonist to find his fiance.
Currently watching:
Kyle XY - Season 2, 30 Rock - Season 2, Vikings, Gankutsuou
Cash on hand: 9,257.50
Bank: 804,267.00
Mood: not sure
PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2010 5:02 pm
Bumped: The Event

And so it begins….

Seven is moving The Event from its 8:30pm timeslot to a later start at 9:30pm beginning on Monday week.

It remains at 8:30pm next week.

To make room for the switch Covert Affairs will wrap up next Monday with a double episode.

Sexiest Cover Girls will air at 11:30pm. As a result 10 Years Younger In 10 Days and Momma’s Boys are out and resume on October 25.

The Event is now following the same trajectory as FlashForward which began with a bang but diminished with each passing week, moving timeslots later and later.

Seven is yet to indicate what will replace the show on October 25.

From TV Tonight
The power of submission lies not in the ability to kneel before another, to give over one's body or in the wearing of a collar.
The power of submission can be found only in the heart of one who gives her love to another freely knowing what joy and pain will come of it - Roguer
Next

Return to Drama and Comedies