Spartacus

FlashForward, Grey's Anatomy, NCIS, 24, Bones, The Good Wife, House, Heroes, Lost, The Big Bang Theory
Cecil B DeMille Life Time Achievement
Cash on hand: 17,273.30
Bank: 0.00
PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 11:26 pm
Ok we have a GO! airdate - Wednesday August 18th. I saw the most awesome ad while watching
GO just now which confirmed it, they didn't say the time it was on but most likely will be 9:30.

the ad actually showed bloody violence in it too which surprised me.
they've put that ad on the GO facebook page.

they should totally pair this with ROME at 10:30 from the start too!!
Last edited by Cyborg on Mon Apr 09, 2012 3:08 pm, edited 3 times in total.
PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 10:42 pm
the ad they showed, pretty good huh?

I keep watching the ad over and over.
Cash on hand: 6,600.00
Mood: Happy
PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 3:52 pm
Thanks for sharing the trailer. Looks like a great show starring an Aussie. I can't wait. :)
News Anchor
Cash on hand: 2,310.00
Bank: 7,160.00
Mood: Tired
PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2010 4:30 pm
I have continued to watch, and it is good. Though pity about the censorship on it though. Have heard that it shows so much more blood, etc, as I have heard from one person in the UK. So it seems, despite the time and what it is rated, we are still getting shielded from the good stuff.
PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2010 10:35 pm
been taping this, I just tried to watch the first episode and turned it off after 1 hour into the double episode.

OMG, this is so edited!! this contains no blood at all even though the title has 'blood' in it, and you can tell when sex and nudity has been shortened. even swearing has been cut out I think, there was one area where the picture seemed to slow down a little, I thought there was something wrong with my Tivo.

I don't think I'll be watching the rest on GO! violence, sex, nudity, swearing doesn't always make a show better but theres only so many edits I can take. I can understand cutting the violence out but surely the timeslot and AV rating would be ok to have some violence left in. if they can play '300' the night before uncut, then why not this one. I can also understand editing this since it was a double ep as its longer then usual but a 1 hour ep on its own shouldn't really be edited.

people on IMDB were saying it might not have been Nine/GO that has edited this, they say Starz might have sent out censored versions out there. its really up to the network to play what ever version they want, plus it might actually be easier to edit out blood since it was all CG. I seem to remember Rome being shown uncut on Nine so maybe HBO always sends out uncut copies of shows.

I have yet to watch the other episodes aired but can anyone watching on GO confirm those eps to be pretty
bloodless? I have actually seen video clips of some violent scenes and the blood just flows out of the wounds.

I suppose watching this on TV would be like watching Underbelly, cut on TV and uncut on DVD.
It would be interesting to compare this to the uncut versions to see how much exactly was cut.

this feels like a PG-13 movie!
Cash on hand: 17,131.40
Bank: 4,041.00
Mood: Tired
PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2010 11:04 am
I never watched on GO! so I can't comment... but from the first two episodes from Starz!, yeah, it was full on stuff... its hardly surprising that they would have shown edited stuff on TV based on what I saw on the cable episodes.
PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 12:46 pm
Airdate: Spartacus: Vengeance

Aussie viewers will finally get to see Liam McIntyre in his debut as Spartacus when Spartacus: Vengeance launches on GO!

McIntyre took over the role after the late Andy Whitfield had to bow out from the show.

It’s good to see GO! finally adding some fresh, original content too.

Spartacus discovers the grave responsibilities and costs involved in his new role as a leader of freed slaves. Claudius Glaber’s arrival in Capua forces Spartacus to keep his rebellious band intact.

It premieres 9:30pm Monday April 23 on GO!

have yet to see this series but probably won't watch it on Go as it 1. clashes with other stuff and 2. would be edited like the other 2 series.

but its on a Monday night, strange as it has always been on Wednesdays. If I were GO I would put it on a Thursday night, nothing much too interesting going on then on other channels. just Housewives, Law & Order, reality shows and thats about it. at least with Spartacus its something different. can't see it doing all that better on a Monday of all nights.

http://www.tvtonight.com.au/2012/04/air ... eance.html

Return to Drama and Comedies