Winners and Losers

FlashForward, Grey's Anatomy, NCIS, 24, Bones, The Good Wife, House, Heroes, Lost, The Big Bang Theory

Secret Life Extra
Cash on hand: 5.00
Bank: 25,361.00
Mood: feeling under the weather
PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2011 3:28 pm
Trigger It wrote:
Bare bums and saucy TV
BY JAMES JOYCE

15 Mar, 2011 04:00 AM

The new Aussie series that has shafted Packed to the Rafters off our screens till July is no Packed to the Rafters .
Winners & Losers, which takes over the 8.30pm Tuesday Rafters timeslot on Prime7 from next week, is clearly aimed at a younger audience than Rebecca Gibney’s cosy family drama.

Its racier content will probably shock the Rafters faithful, who have reacted strongly in the past to any raunch.

Within the first 30 seconds of the first episode of Winners & Losers we see a main character, Melanie Vallejo’s gym bunny Sophie, having sex in silky sheets, then showing her evidently underwhelming one-night stand the door.

Later she snorts cocaine in a toilet cubicle.

There’s also a gratuitous shot of Blair McDonough’s backside as the ex-Neighbours pin-up slips into a bath with co-star Zoe Tuckwell-Smith.

Created by Rafters creator Bevan Lee, Winners & Losers follows the fortunes of four former high school friends, now all 27, who reunite at their 10-year school reunion.

The show is at times corny and clunky but has winning touches of comic whimsy as the girls – social outcasts in their teen years – relive the torment they suffered at the hands of a school bully.

Ex-All Saints actress Virginia Gay and TV newcomer Melissa Bergland join Vallejo and Tuckwell-Smith in the lead roles.

Prime7 and feeder network Seven have high hopes for Winners & Losers , as the bold decision to drop it into the Rafters timeslot shows.

While it has little hope of pulling the 2million viewers a week that Rafters averages, the new series has pluck and promise and may woo younger female audiences with its Sex and the City -esque cheek.

http://www.theherald.com.au/news/local/ ... 02771.aspx

Sounds like "Winners" will be a lot more adult than "Rafters" and more female-skewed.

Marlene1975 wrote:PTTR must be having a season fanalie?

Apparently "Rafters" is taking a mid-season break! and will most likely be back after "Winners" finishes its season.

Ah I see.
Cecil B DeMille Life Time Achievement
Cash on hand: 47.50
Bank: 4,577,822.00
Mood: Happy
PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 10:31 pm
I enjoyed this very much. I wasn't expecting to as i heard it might be a bit girlie and in a way it was but it also had some great attributes. Obviously this one isn't for the younger ones because the F word dropped and there was drugs and sex too. Winning the lottery also was something i already knew however i think this has potential to be a great drama. Seven may have scared off a few people though due to some of the things in this show but i think it will do well. Like i said it wasn't what i was expecting. There were some boring bits too but loved the speech. Kinda funny actually as we have seen bullies in the news all week. Will watch again next week.

One downer though was i felt there was so many ad breaks, a bit more than usual

Emmy Winner
Cash on hand: 7,501.40
PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 10:36 pm
Yeah, things like F-bombs and drugs and sex might lose some of the family audience that watched Rafters, but hey, those things don't stop Underbelly from getting over 2 million in the same timeslot, so you never know. I still don't think tonight's episode will be as huge as Rafters' average, but the show could definitely grow over the next few weeks.

I didn't watch the whole thing but what I did see, I liked very much. Yes it's a bit girly but for some reason, that's not an issue. I could still enjoy it. Will definitely watch the whole thing next week and I hope Seven are encoring this episode sometime later this week. Well Done Channel Seven.
PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 11:52 pm
OMG! WTF was with that ending? :o I didn't see that coming at all. Next week is going to be a pretty great by the looks of things and possibly a teary episode.

Oscar Nominee
Cash on hand: 2,064.80
Mood: infactuated
PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2011 10:39 pm
This is my kind of show. A somewhat girlie but grown-up drama with likeable characters you can relate to. My favourites are Frances and Sophie with Doug a close third.

I hope Matt leaves because there's no room for him on the show anymore.

I hope Doug doesn't die. And they wouldn't kill off Bec who's a major character...will they?

Cash on hand: 108,389.30
Bank: 0.00
PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 1:51 am
i haven't becoe a fan of this show..... yet..... (because of work and a holiday i went to during this season) but from the snippets i've seen, i don't mind it.

It's ratings are alright

Survivor Contestant
Cash on hand: 165.00
PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 2:59 am
Reminder: ‘Winners and Losers’ Season Final at 9:30pm

http://www.tvcentral.com.au/2011/08/23/ ... al-at-930/
PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 11:56 pm
Well that was an interesting finale. At first i thought the twist would be Mrs Gross keels over at the wedding because i saw she adjusted her shoes and looked a bit off but it wasn't. Then we had Claire declaring war on Francis, Francis's sister returning, knew Doug would be back for Sophie and the wedding with Bec and Matt was great but yeah I didn't see the pregnancy coming at all. I would take a wild guess that Doug is the father. Its always the way. Guess thats going to be the ongoing story next season. I hope it resolves itself quickly though because its sort of "been there, done that" kind of thing. Great finale none the less. Claire though is a pure evil bitch. Sorry but she is.

As for the spinoff idea i think its a load of bull. Sorry but we don't need a copycat Rafters. I can't believe Seven are even thinking about it. Seven have Wild Boys, Winners and Losers, Rafters, Home and Away. They don't need another copycat. Its so funny though how the All Saints crew have sort of ended up on Rafters and Losers.

Oscar Nominee
Cash on hand: 2,064.80
Mood: infactuated
PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2011 9:55 am
greysfan wrote: Great finale none the less. Claire though is a pure evil bitch. Sorry but she is.

Totally agree. She's nice as pie with Zach around but once he left, the claws were out. But I love a good villian.

Question: Have they written out Tiffany? She hasn't been on since she tried to off herself.
PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2011 11:19 am
Pegasus wrote:
greysfan wrote: Great finale none the less. Claire though is a pure evil bitch. Sorry but she is.

Totally agree. She's nice as pie with Zach around but once he left, the claws were out. But I love a good villian.

Question: Have they written out Tiffany? She hasn't been on since she tried to off herself.

Tiffany will be back next season in a bigger role.
PreviousNext

Return to Drama and Comedies