Grey's Anatomy

FlashForward, Grey's Anatomy, NCIS, 24, Bones, The Good Wife, House, Heroes, Lost, The Big Bang Theory
Oscar Nominee
Cash on hand: 6,062.00
Mood: grooving
PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2010 10:22 pm
I went into the final double episode completely unspoilered. I only went into the spoiler thread after I'd seen the episodes because now it is safe to do so.

I never considered spoiling myself and glad I didn't. Anyone who knew everything that was going to happen beforehand sorely missed out on the experience of seeing it all unfold and not knowing what would come next, who would die, who wouldn't.

It was edge-of-your-seat stuff, excellent acting and I was glued to the TV the whole 2 hours. Even during ad breaks, I didn't get up and do other stuff.

I think it sucks that Reed got killed. I was getting to like her. I think the girl who found Reed is more annoying and I would have liked to see her killed instead. Especially after she got Derek shot. He told her to stay put in the office, but no she had to come out and find him.
Oooh it was such a tense scene, with Mr Clark lowering his gun and it almost being over. Then that stupid, stupid girl has to run up behind Derek and yell "oh Dr Shepard, there you are" or something similar and of course Mr Clark changes his mind and shoots Derek.

Why couldn't Mr Clark have shot the girl instead (I forget her name)?

Mind you by the end of the two episodes I could see why Derek was shot, and how it all fit into everything. It made the whole storyline work. Without Derek getting shot, there'd have been no second episode, no scene with Christina operating on him whilst being held at gun point, no fake Derek death and Meredith screaming for him, etc, etc.

You know, when Mr Clark first appears, and bumps past Meredith, I didn't realise who he was. A few scenes later I remembered the story of his wife dying and him blaming Derek and a few of the others.

So glad Callie and Arizona got back together, and that they didn't get shot! I hated how they fought and almost broke up, but I can see now why it was written like that. It made them grow closer during their scenes in the final episodes and made for a great teary reunion.

Greysfan, you say in your post that you still don't get why Bailey & Mary didn't use the bed to help Charles. Mary asked Bailey during one scene "how are we going to move him?" and mentioned him being too heavy to lift, I think.

I don't know much about the mechanics of hospital beds, I know they can be lowered, but not just how low. Possibly not low enough for them to be able to lift Charles onto it. Even if they had used the bed, with the lifts not working, they still wouldn't have been able to get him to a different floor & to an OR to save him.

BTW, when Bailey lost her cool and began yelling about the elevators being broken, I was on the edge of my seat because I was convinced all that yelling would attract the shooter back. All in all I'm glad Bailey didn't get shot.

A funny moment (I thought) was when Bailey looked at the ceiling and said, in an annoyed tone "where is all that water coming from?" and Mary tells her she's crying. I don't know why it seemed funny :| *shrug*

But man, what an episode indeed. I never thought they'd show us who survived and who did, I thought it'd all be cliff hangers for next season.

I hope Grey's gets lots of Emmy nominations and wins. Not sure how likely that is though. :(
Tony: "I'm not getting any reception. How about you?"
Ziva: "I'm braless"
Tony: "I noticed that earlier. But on your phone, they're called 'bars'"

NCIS :)
Cecil B DeMille Life Time Achievement
Cash on hand: 47.50
Bank: 4,577,822.00
Mood: Happy
PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2010 2:44 pm
couch_potato wrote:I went into the final double episode completely unspoilered. I only went into the spoiler thread after I'd seen the episodes because now it is safe to do so.

Yep me to. When it was time to get my copy of the finale i stayed spoiler free and watched the whole thing from start to finish. I didnt go searching for info at all as i knew from just the ABC promo in the states that it wasnt one to go out and read spoilers. I just waited for it then had the most crazy rollercoaster ride of my life.

Its how i tend to watch shows anyway. The same with Lost and 24. I stayed completely away from everything. Couldnt help it with Brothers and Sisters though as one Aussie site decided to say McAllister to die in Final.

couch_potato wrote:Greysfan, you say in your post that you still don't get why Bailey & Mary didn't use the bed to help Charles. Mary asked Bailey during one scene "how are we going to move him?" and mentioned him being too heavy to lift, I think.

I don't know much about the mechanics of hospital beds, I know they can be lowered, but not just how low. Possibly not low enough for them to be able to lift Charles onto it. Even if they had used the bed, with the lifts not working, they still wouldn't have been able to get him to a different floor & to an OR to save him.

Good point. I didnt think of that but i thought beds go down quite low so the fact they could drag a man that far i thought to myself why not just put him on the bed. It was all to do with the scene though so thats how it was done. One of the most emotional Bailey moments.

couch_potato wrote:BTW, when Bailey lost her cool and began yelling about the elevators being broken, I was on the edge of my seat because I was convinced all that yelling would attract the shooter back. All in all I'm glad Bailey didn't get shot.

So was i. I thought oh sh!t he is going to come back and shoot her. As you may have read in the posts below, Shonda originally penned for Bailey to also be shot but didnt have the courage to do it. It would have pained her. Maybe this is where it was meant to happen.

couch_potato wrote:A funny moment (I thought) was when Bailey looked at the ceiling and said, in an annoyed tone "where is all that water coming from?" and Mary tells her she's crying. I don't know why it seemed funny :| *shrug*

Yeah that made me giggle a bit. I know its not funny but in context it was the little bits of humour which helps.

couch_potato wrote:I hope Grey's gets lots of Emmy nominations and wins. Not sure how likely that is though. :(

Yep if the show isnt nominated for an Emmy along with at least 3 of the cast members, those being Chandra, Ellen and Sandra plus the guy who played Mr Clark then i will seriously have no faith in the Awards Show system anymore. Even people who hate Grey's and decided to watch it said OMG that was some of the best pieces of television i have seen so if the everyday person says this then you know it was even better.
Sopranos Mobster
Cash on hand: 302.50
PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 12:18 am
I've just watched the encore screening of the Greys finale tonight. I really need to catch up with this series. Greys & NCIS at the 8:30 Tuesday timeslot both lost out to watching 24... Greys & NCIS are two of my favourite shows. So I need the dvds of these seasons when they come out to catch up. So I'd only seen the first 2 episodes of Greys this season, nothing else. Seems like I've missed quite a bit with the new characters & all thats going on. But what an awesome finale double! That is Greys at its best. Would have been more emotional for me if I'd watched the whole season but still very powerful. Loved it! Intense the whole way through.
Save The Bill Facebook Petition -
http://www.facebook.com/SaveTheBill
PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 4:31 pm
Well the new season isn't far away from Australia and i thought i would post up the current promo. BTW i have renamed this thread just as Grey's Anatomy.

Cash on hand: 9,257.50
Bank: 804,267.00
Mood: not sure
PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 3:05 pm
NEW Greys Anatomy On Seven Tuesday October 2

http://www.throng.com.au/2012/09/new-gr ... october-2/
The power of submission lies not in the ability to kneel before another, to give over one's body or in the wearing of a collar.
The power of submission can be found only in the heart of one who gives her love to another freely knowing what joy and pain will come of it - Roguer
Oscar Winner
Cash on hand: 247.50
Mood: lost the plot
PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 12:26 pm
I was a bit disappointed with the plane crash storyline for last season's finale. It felt a little - well when the show is called "Grey's Anatomy" then you can pretty much guarantee that Meredith isn't going anywhere.

Of course when they introduced Lexi Grey I had thought that maybe they'd get rid of Meredith and make Lexi the lead character. But they didn't go there.
I may be a geek, but it's one of my endearing qualities.
Oscar Nominee
Cash on hand: 6,062.00
Mood: grooving
PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 5:47 pm
I didn't like the plane crash storyline and hadn't tuned in since they were lost in the forest and Lexi had just died. I don't know if there's been an episode I missed where they were found or did they just jump ahead in the story and this was the first episode since they were in the forest?
It's clever how they made you think the whole episode that Arizona was dead, but in the end it is Mark who dies and Arizona has been hiding away at home, with one leg amputated and apparently not dealing with it well. She seems to think her life is over but she can be fitted for a prosthetic leg and with pysical therapy and practise, could walk well on it and eventually resume her career.

I wonder what disaster they can/will use for the next season final (or the series final?) when they want to kill characters off?
Tony: "I'm not getting any reception. How about you?"
Ziva: "I'm braless"
Tony: "I noticed that earlier. But on your phone, they're called 'bars'"

NCIS :)
PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 1:53 am
Was not that much of a fan of that plane crash storyline either but the next episode should be good. The recap of what happened. Can't wait till Tuesday.

All through that first episode you're right i seriously thought Arizona was dead. That's how i felt anyway. Then the ending did make sense though. I knew it was either one thing or the other. All things considered its still going very strong in the US and is the #1 Scripted Drama over there so it must be doing something right.
PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2013 1:29 pm
Say It Ain't Oh! Sandra Oh Leaving Grey's Anatomy

http://www.throng.com.au/2013/08/say-it ... s-anatomy/
The power of submission lies not in the ability to kneel before another, to give over one's body or in the wearing of a collar.
The power of submission can be found only in the heart of one who gives her love to another freely knowing what joy and pain will come of it - Roguer
PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2014 10:19 am
Grey’s Anatomy farewells Sandra Oh

Tomorrow night Australian viewers will see the final episode of Grey’s Anatomy for Dr. Cristina Yang.

Sandra Oh is one of the show’s few original cast members (and easily one of its best performers) but after 220 episodes, she bows out in a 2 hour season finale.

Spoiler: show
With Derek away, Meredith spends time with Amelia and finds out her true feelings about her time in Seattle. Bailey deals with the ramifications of her actions and Callie receives devastating news.

Meanwhile, the residents panic after hearing that one of them will be fired.

The doctors of Grey Sloan Memorial Hospital bid an emotional farewell to the beloved Cristina Yang. A possible act of terrorism rocks Seattle and causes chaos at the hospital. Meanwhile, Meredith makes a life changing decision and one doctor receives shocking news.

9:30pm Monday on Seven.

http://www.tvtonight.com.au/2014/07/gre ... ra-oh.html
PreviousNext

Return to Drama and Comedies