Curb Your Enthusiasm (SPOILERS)

FlashForward, Grey's Anatomy, NCIS, 24, Bones, The Good Wife, House, Heroes, Lost, The Big Bang Theory
Cecil B DeMille Life Time Achievement
Cash on hand: 1,917.50
PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 7:23 pm
Now, now ryaneco. I said ONE OF the best episodes ever...

Not THE best.

Just non-stop laughs from go-to-woe for me. The way the episode was structured, the way things came together, it worked as beautifully as any Curb episode I can remember.

I found it hysterical.

That said, I cannot wait for the Seinfeld clan to join the fray. :D
Cash on hand: 770.00
Bank: 1,279,451.00
PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 6:25 pm
Here are my recaps for the first 2 episodes of season 7:

Episode 1: http://www.tvauscast.com/2009/09/24/curb-your-enthusiasm-recap-season-7-episode-1/

Curb Your Enthusiasm returns this season with the much awaited reunion episodes eagerly being awaited by ex Seinfeld fans, I myself are one of those.

The first episode only gives a slight hint of the reunion at the end of the episode.

Despite the cancer Larry is sick of his new girlfriend and wants back with his ex wife Cheryl.

However after a discussion with friend, Jeff, you can’t break up with a girl who has cancer, Larry doesn’t quite make it in time to break up with her before the results are in.

David bumps into Cheryl at the local restaurant, he has an intriguing conversation with her saying how she wants him back in a way, but only if it is a good amount of David. This amount relates to the kind of time he was spending with her while he was doing Seinfeld (around 3 hours a day).

An interesting beginning to the Seinfeld reunion leaving fans want more but not being able to wait till the next episode.

Episode 2: http://www.tvauscast.com/2009/10/01/curb-your-enthusiasm-episode-2-season-7/

Surprisingly no more mention of the ‘Seinfeld’ reunion but David was finally able to break up with his girlfriend in a humorous manner.

Hilariously David begins the episode trying to open a new item from a store with that incredibly hard plastic. Haven’t we all been through this? So difficult he smashes it and still doesn’t get it opened. Whilst doing this he happens to watch something on tv involving a lady on Dr. Phil who coaches her cancer patients to get out of relationships if their partner doesn’t seem to fully support them during treatment. This intrigues Larry who then decides to book an appointment for himself and girlfriend.

During the episode there is a whole thing about giving oral sex whilst driving and whether it is acceptable. In the end this is what causes Larry’s relationship to end as his girlfriend mistakens him for receiving oral sex whilst in a car from another woman. Of course Larry doesn’t try too hard to deny as it was exactly what he wanted. Hopefully now this will open the opportunity to get into the Seinfeld reunion.

-Ben
Hollywood Movie Star
Cash on hand: 60.00
PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 6:33 pm
Ive seen the first episode it was hilarious lets hope we see much more of Bam Bam and I loved Larry's fake faint when he found out about Loretta's cancer, an awesome start to the season.
PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 6:35 pm
[quote:e3e8f24984="TV_Fanatic"]Ive seen the first episode it was hilarious lets hope we see much more of Bam Bam and I loved Larry's fake faint when he found out about Loretta's cancer, an awesome start to the season.[/quote:e3e8f24984]

Haha yeah i loved that too...even i believed it!

-Ben
Emmy Nominee
Cash on hand: 520.00
PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 9:11 pm
The Seinfeld reunion was hilarious. And there's still 4 more eps. :D
Cash on hand: 17,270.80
Bank: 0.00
PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 1:02 am
watched ep 3, it was ok. not hilarious and there was no Leon, not much point in having him on I guess. loved seeing the gang back together and the set. not sure what else to say, as the first ep for the reunion it was average but it'll get better in the coming weeks Im sure.
Emmy Nominee
Cash on hand: 520.00
PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 1:31 am
I thought there was plenty to love.

Jason going off at Larry for asking the waiter about the tip.

Michael completely ignoring Larry talking about the reunion because he was too distracted by the art nudity (The Contest ep anyone? He did leave rather quickly :lol: ).

Plus Larry's feuds with the head of NBC and Susie.

I'm sure the gang will get to return to their notorious characters in the coming weeks. :)
PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 9:05 am
Yeah I loved it too, plus the twist that Jerry bumps into Meg Ryan in the end. Classic! Can't wait for the other ones.

Loved the conversation between Jerry and Larry.

-Ben
Cash on hand: 882.50
Bank: 3,905,233.20
PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 11:06 am
Loved the episode as well as a big Seinfeld fan and a big Curb fan this was a dream episode :P

I haven't read too much about the reunion but all the cast will be together again multiple times this season? Do we know if we get to see them onset etc; aside from dream sequences?
Cash on hand: 1,917.50
PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 10:41 pm
I'm with Joker on this. This fully met expectations.

I just loved the banter between Larry and the cast.

Like when Jason mentioned how he brought lots of ideas over the years and Larry rejected them all and Larry just sort of mutters "well, they weren't any good", just in passing. That kind of banter it was great throughout the entire episode.

Some other choice stuff:

"You told the head of NBC to go love himself?" Just great timing.

"Do you find it interesting that I have TWO daughters?"

"What reunion show?"

The begrudging/sincere apology- "So this is me apologising...it's about as sorry as I can get. I guess my question is...was it sorry enough?"

The most despicable Larry act yet? "No reason." And then weighing up his decision. Awful awful man. I love him.

Aside from all the Seinfeld shenanigans, there's actually a really interesting thing going on with Cheryl...the way they're getting on is about as close to "heart" as this show gets.

This show kicks so much ass.
PreviousNext

Return to Drama and Comedies