Curb Your Enthusiasm (SPOILERS)

FlashForward, Grey's Anatomy, NCIS, 24, Bones, The Good Wife, House, Heroes, Lost, The Big Bang Theory
Cecil B DeMille Life Time Achievement
Cash on hand: 17,068.30
Bank: 0.00
PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 1:04 am
very funny so far, only seen the first 3 eps. classic Larry David up to his same old antics.

can't think of the stuff I liked at the moment, but I thought we'd see him in New York by now.
PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 12:19 am
watched eps 4&5, great as usual but the set ups are getting predictable.

was thinking before it happened "hes gonna mention the $60" or "hes gonna end up eating the dogs last meal"

still funny but knowing this is because Im used to the show but if a newbie would tune in they might not expect it.

finally hes going to new york, if we thought the LA people were rude then I can't wait to see the situations he gets in NY!
Cash on hand: 1,917.50
PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 1:05 am
I've known the formula for 7 years, and it still doesn't affect my enjoyment! Loving the light-hearted banter between friends that's becoming more prominent. Not misunderstandings or screaming matches, just gentle ribbing of each other. Good stuff.

This show continues to make me laugh frequently and hard. Loved the bit in ep 5 where they were lip-reading the guy taking the vowel of silence...

"What, you went for a helicopter ride? Why would you do that!"
"Who has pizza at a ....<insert name of the shindig which I've forgotten> " :D

Classic.

Gervais is in this week's ep...
PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2011 9:26 pm
The Gervais episode was garbage. Worst of the series by a long margin.

Hopefully the rest of the series is better.
Emmy Winner
Cash on hand: 7,600.30
PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2011 10:02 pm
The Gervais episode was garbage. Worst of the series by a long margin.

+1 So disappointing, I had been looking forward to the NY episodes.
PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2011 5:16 pm
what?! that episode was the best of the season! whats wrong with it?

watched eps 6 & 7 last night and ep 6 was pretty funny.

there was so many funny situations in the ep, so many different things going on - the plane ride with Larry yelling at some lady and then saving the day, the waiter, Ricky Gervais, the play, the dinner, the strong bread, the shoe laces and so on. it all came into place and wrapped up nicely. and what were you expecting from Ricky? for him to be doing stand up type jokes/comedy the whole ep? and pretty funny with Leon turning up and driving all the way from LA to NY, going on about how he can get 6 people to fit in the car.
PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 12:12 am
That whole ep just felt off to me. Ricky didn't at all fit in to the style of the show, and the situations just felt even more contrived than usual. It had it's moments- every episode does- but it just felt off.

I didn't care for ep 7, either. Apart from it being mildly bi-phobic- those views from Larry and Rosie should totally have been called out on later in the ep IMO- I found the stuff with the Japanese guys cringe-inducing more than amusing. I mean, it's always cringe-inducing, but it's usually funny enough to cover for the cringe-factor. The stuff in this ep wasn't funny enough. Some of the stuff with Leon was okay, but he's been a lot better in previous seasons.

I rather enjoyed the first half of the season, personally. The last two ep's, IMO, have been ordinary.
Emmy Winner
Cash on hand: 7,600.30
PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 12:37 am
Palestinian Chicken was such a fantastic episode, but the rest of the season has been very meh.

I'm glad it wasn't just me who noticed the "bi-phobia". Grrrrr.
PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 7:18 pm
Larry showing his age there, I think.

Although, it's interesting to note this season has 4 people working on the stories as opposed to previous seasons, where it was just Larry that was credited (at least I think it was).

IMDB tells me all three of those writers were responsible for the "hilarious" Mike Myers vehicle, The Cat in the Hat. I don't know if that explains it or not...;)

(To be fair, one of them also created the excellent The League...so who knows?)

It does appear the show went one season too many (really, how are you going to top Michael Richards shouting at Leon in front of a group of people?). Ah, well.
Emmy Nominee
Cash on hand: 520.00
PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2011 7:52 pm
The last 3 eps have been very mediocre. Palestinian Chicken is definitely the highlight episode of this season, so far.

Though Larry confronting Big Dog was hilarious, too.
PreviousNext

Return to Drama and Comedies