The Simpsons

FlashForward, Grey's Anatomy, NCIS, 24, Bones, The Good Wife, House, Heroes, Lost, The Big Bang Theory
Cecil B DeMille Life Time Achievement
Cash on hand: 210.00
PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2009 6:04 am
The show has fallen into the hands of major Family Guy fans. Even episodes from four years ago still had the Simpson charm in them, albeit sparse. Right now I think although some episodes are entertaining, the detail to animation, the actors suffering with vocal coaching, and the side characters taking centre stage, it's not even the same show anymore. And I say that without any prejudice. It just really isn't.
I was just watching a double ep from season 4 (I had the bizarre craving for Treehouse of Horror III), and what a joy. I'll never get sick of the old episodes. Ever.
Quantity over quality these days.
Cash on hand: 210.00
PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 7:03 am
This year's Halloween episode = hilarious.

Hitchcock falling off Mount Rushmore make me laugh out loud for real.
Raise a glass to mend all the broken hearts of all my wrecked up friends.
Cash on hand: 2.50
Bank: 4,298,345.30
Mood: feeling under the weather
PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2009 12:46 am
The latest episode (21x06) was pretty funny. Wasn't much to it, but I loved Lisa's constant "loser" jabbing at Bart... and then at the end saying TV writers were losers. :lol:

*would still love to be one* :shifty:
Emmy Winner
Cash on hand: 5.00
PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2009 10:08 am
While I've enjoyed the latest episode (for the most part), there was a glaring disparity between the two concurrent storylines in the episode. On one hand, the subplot with Marge dealing with the overzealous, green-conscious mothers was consistently hilarious. Sure, a lot of the humour was visual/slapstick, but it was very well executed IMO (I was lmao when the mums pulled Hans Moleman out of the ambulance :P).

On the other hand, the main plot with Andy (Jonah Hill) was unfunny, predictable, and very poorly characterised, and it seemed to have been written with the guest vocalist in mind, first and foremost. :roll: The main plot was neither interesting nor funny.

God, I wish I were a producer on the show so I could trim out all the shite. -.-
Cash on hand: 17,270.80
Bank: 0.00
PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2010 2:19 am
Its a shame this is going to be moved to Eleven, like Neighbours its been on Ten since it started.

Ten originally aired Fox shows and movies, then Seven later got the rights to Fox shows/movies and now Ten has them back again. its not gonna be the same not having The Simpsons on Ten, but I guess they need to make room for worst shows!

anyway, watched the double episode from last week, the first ep had the most interesting couch gag ever!

didn't realise it was a couch gag right away -

Cash on hand: 17,131.40
Bank: 4,041.00
Mood: Tired
PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2010 11:08 am
Loved that opening. Was a while ago when it was on the US, earlier in the year, but pretty funny. Not that I like the song, but it was interesting. lol
Cash on hand: 882.50
Bank: 3,905,233.20
PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 8:20 am
I hate that song but I loved that opening. I'm still working my way through Season 21 which I DL have 2 episodes left. Should be finished just in time for Season 22 :)
Cash on hand: 17,270.80
Bank: 0.00
PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2010 8:57 pm
NEW episodes return on Eleven Wednesday January 12th at 8:30.

just like Summer last year, playing Animated shows on Wednesdays.

from where Ten left off, it'll be from episode 6 of the newest season.

http://www.tvtonight.com.au/2010/12/fir ... guide.html

TV Watcher
Cash on hand: 55.00
PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2011 12:15 pm
we were only like 5 or 6 episodes in to the newest season.

would have thought they would go to the start of the season to make it so all of the new season is on 11.
Cash on hand: 2.50
Bank: 4,298,345.30
Mood: feeling under the weather
PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2011 4:33 pm
'The Simpsons' in danger of extinction
In its 23rd year on TV, "The Simpsons" could be on the endangered species list.

The show's producer said Tuesday the show can't continue under its current financial model, following a report that big pay cuts are being sought for the actors who provide voices for Homer, Marge and Bart Simpson and other characters.

"We believe this brilliant series can and should continue, but we cannot produce future seasons under its current financial model," said Chris Alexander, spokesman for 20th Century Fox Television. He said producers hope a deal can be reached.

The animated series is a fixture on Fox's Sunday night schedule, and critics consider it one of the best shows in the medium. But like many programs that have been on the air for a long time, the cost of making it has become prohibitive.

The Fox network reportedly loses money each year on new episodes, even as all the old episodes run in perpetuity in reruns and are a cash cow for producers and creators.

The Daily Beast reported Tuesday that producers are demanding a 45 per cent pay cut from the six voice actors, who reportedly make nearly $8 million each for a season. The website said the voice actors have offered to take a 30 percent pay in return for a portion of the show's syndication and merchandise revenue.

Allan Mayer, a spokesman for one of the show's voice actors, Harry Shearer, said he had no comment on the talks. The manager for Dan Castellaneta, the voice of Homer Simpson, told The Associated Press she didn't know about the negotiations, and creator Matt Groening didn't immediately return a phone call.

"The Simpsons" is averaging 7.1 million viewers for its new episodes this fall, down 14 per cent from last year. Back in the 1991-92 season, an average of 21.7 million people watched it every week, Nielsen said.

The median age of the show's viewers back two decades ago was 23, and this season it is still very young for a TV show.
PreviousNext

Return to Drama and Comedies