Gilmore Girls

FlashForward, Grey's Anatomy, NCIS, 24, Bones, The Good Wife, House, Heroes, Lost, The Big Bang Theory
Cecil B DeMille Life Time Achievement
Cash on hand: 17,131.40
Bank: 4,041.00
Mood: Tired
PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2003 11:44 am
IT'S BACK!!!!! :D :D :D

Finally, after a massivly long wait, one of the best shows on Television returns - TO TUESDAY NIGHTS!!!!!! :D :D :D

Finally, the drivel of [b30]The Batchelor[/b30] is removed and [b30]Gilmore Girls[/b30] is given its new timeslot which couldn't be better! :D An actual reasonable timeslot for a quality show that never got it.

Season One started December 2001 and aired Tuesday (and Thursday) nights until February when the rating season started, in which it was then shafted to Saturday nights! :cry:

All the same, while the tuesday night timeslot is the best for potential ratings, its actually bad for me becuase tuesday nights are the only nights im not home! :cry: I guess I'll need to get out the VCR, but its not the same! :( Oh well, I shouldn't be complaining becuase at least its better than Saturday nights.

Anyway, it is back! Here's hopeing that Channel 9 sticks to their guns - they are usually reliable like that though unlike a certain other channel. :wink:

[b30]Season 3[/b30] starts [b30]Tuesday April 29th @ 7.30pm[/b30].
Last edited by jay on Mon Mar 15, 2004 10:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Oscar Nominee
Cash on hand: 0.00
PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2003 7:09 pm
That's an incredibly good timeslot - very surprised that channel 9 did that......but a happy surprise! I was starting to crave the sharp wit this show provides.
[img81]http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f192/Mook-e/sig_carlinda.gif[/img81]
TV: South Of Nowhere - Season 2 | The L Word | Weeds | Sugar Rush
PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2003 7:16 pm
[quote:675d107713="mook-e"]That's an incredibly good timeslot - very surprised that channel 9 did that....[/quote:675d107713]

It is up against an hour of Big Brother - its prime audience will be over watching the hyped garbage of that while quality is neglected. As good as this timeslot is, its pretty much as good a ratings night as Saturday night if its up against Big Brother.

Still, stranger things have happened though - there is hope!
Cash on hand: 1,889.30
Bank: 44,213.00
Mood: doubting
PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2003 7:36 pm
I thought this show was a bit girly.
Modest to the top.
TVAus Rookie
PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2003 4:13 pm
Girly or not Cale its still a reasonably good show

..glad to see it back and in a good timeslot....I'm eagerly awaiting tuesday
Oscar Nominee
PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2003 6:58 pm
ah nuts....I'm sitting here at work & I just realised I forgot to tape Gilmore Girls for tonight :(......Jason do us a favour & give a recap on events after you see it.

Darn ....& the ads looked so good this epi.
PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2003 3:28 am
I just watched it last night and I was very happy to see it back. There are few shows as consistant as this (even 24 or Angel can't make it) but I have never been disapointed in any episode I have seen of this.

Well, firstly, I missed the last episode of Season 2 which I was fuming about, but i caught up enough reading episode gudes on the net.

**WARNING** As you can already see, I'm going to go into detail with this - its just what I do! :D Hope its good enough!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[b:5cf948ba98]Those Lazy-Hazy-Crazy Days[/b:5cf948ba98]

The episode opens with Lorelai awakening to her room full of alarm clocks going off! She heads down stairs to find Luke cooking her breakfast! He hid her coffee and replaced it with decaf - quite funny. Until Luke says that he has to go to work, kisses Lorelai and talk to her stomach - shes pregnant! :shock:

Lorelai awakes in bed - it was a dream. She instantly calls Rory who is in Washington with Paris. Lorelai explains the dream to Rory and gets her to analyse it. She says that is has to do with her being upset that Christopher is having a baby with his girlfriend. They talk a bit more about when shes coming home, only to be interrupted by Paris talking in her sleep ("I did not have sexual relations with that woman"). Rory hangs up and heads over to her desk to begin writing a letter to Jess.

After the credits, Lorelai is at Sookie and Jackson's house having breakfast. Sookie is fussing over paint colours, which Jackson is telling her not to worry because he likes the house the way it is. Sookie wants it to feel like "their" house and not only "her" house. Disagreements already!
Lorelai heads to work and meets Mayor Taylor who is organising the First Annual Stars Hollow End of Summer Madness Festival. Taylor is in a wheelchair after slipping on bananna peel and breaking his leg.

In Washington, Rory and Paris are at a Junior Leadership breakfast. Paris is talking the ears off senators, while Rory is taking it easy as she does. She talks to an intern, Jamie, from Princeton who seems pretty interested in Paris. Paris comes over and Jamie asks her out that night. Of course, Paris doesn't even know that she did and Rory explains to her that she is indeed going out.

Back in Stars Hollow, Lorelai arrives to hear hear Kirk has invented a skincare line made from hay called "Hay There". Lorelai gets a call from her mother who is quite mad that Lorelai didn't call her after the got back from a vineyard or something. She tells her mother than Rory won't be able to go to tea on the friday night because she wont be back from washington - this is a lie. She also says that Chirstopher is away on business and can't come either - another lie as Lorelai hasn't told her parents about Christopher having a baby with his girlfriend.

Paris is getting ready for her date, freaking out totally. Rory is talking to Dean, but hangs up to help Paris. They talk about how you know when you in love, compatability etc. Finally Jamie arrives, and Paris tells Rory to get in the cupboard so Jamie doesn't change his mind about Paris and go out with Rory!

Sookie and Lorelai go to Mrs Kim's store to look for furniture to help make Sookie's house more "masculine" for Jackson. Lorelai tells Sookie that she hasn't told her parents about Christopher, and Sookie says that she needs to tell them when she goes to tea with them.

Lorelai goes to the airport to pick up Rory. She tells Rory that she lied to get her out of tea with her parents so she can spend the night with Dean at the Festival in Stars Hollow. When they get home, Lorelai tells Rory that even though Christopher has tried to call them all summer she doesn't have to ignore him just because she is.

After Rory gets ready for the festival, the head over the pick up Sookie and Jackson. Arriving at their house, they peak in to see the house full of "masculine" things that Jackson hates. They are arguing, so Rory and Lorelai leave and head for the festival.

Arriving there, Lorelai turns on the sarcasm when Taylor comments on how "hip" the festival is. The band is playing one song - "Those Lazy-Hazy-Crazy Days" - over and over and over! Rory is looking around for someone and finally spots them - Jess, under a tree kissing some blonde girl.
Lorelai sees her looking and says that she is pretty lucky that she didn't throw away Dean for Jess. But, Rory decides to come clean with her mum and tell her that she did kiss Jess at Sookie's wedding. They have an argument in the middle of the street, with Lorelai saying how silly Rory is until Dean comes stolling over. Lorelai heads off to tea with the folks, while Rory and Dean kiss and head off to the festival.

Lorelai finally arrives at her parents house, and she finally tells them about Christopher. Emily is not happy at all about, she was convinced that things would work out for Lorelai and Christopher and that they would become a happy family.

However, Richard says Christopher is doing the right thing, that he is living up to his responsibilities, like he tried to do with Lorelai all those years ago. He says Lorelai had her chance and walked away from it. Emily is really upset by this and they argue, during which Lorelai gets up and leaves right in the middle of.

Arrving back in Stars Hollow, she sees Luke in the diner and decides to go in. He is still mad at her, and says that they're closed. Lorelai says she only here for coffee and she'll leave. She adds, pretendingly (if thats a word), that she is new in town and her name is Mimi so Luke doesn't need to think its her.

She starts talking about how she can never find "it" - that being love, comfort and safety - she couldn't do it with Max, and now with Christopher. She says she always thought that if Christopher could get his life together, they could be a family. Then he did and it's with someone else.
She tells Luke about Christophers pregnant girlfriend and she's in exactly the same place she was in before. She feels like she's never going to have the whole package, the couple life, and as much as she hates to admit it, she wants that.
Luke gives her a doughnut and says she'll get it. He tells "Mimi" to come back again.

The end of the episode has arrived, with Lorelai arriving home and apologising to Rory about arguing with her before. She mean what she had to say, but she says that its her choice and she didn't mean the yelling. Lorelai tells Rory about making up with Luke at the diner and that she should be with who she wants, and if its with Jess then so be it. Rory tells her that she analysed the situation and realised she was wrong and is going to stay with Dean.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lots of detail - that's me, Mr Detail! :D Hopefully it served its purpose. Next weeks episode looks interesting with Rory getting the questioning from Jess as to wether she is still with Dean or not. Christopher returns and there is an arguement - more dramas coming. But despite this its still fun all the while to watch.

The transcript of the episode is available here as well, just in case this description wasn't enough :) :[url]http://www.gilmore-girls.net/episodes/season3/transcripts/01.html[/url]
Golden Globe Nominee
PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2003 3:30 pm
Dont watch it teenagery stuff..... should be on same time as 'Rage".......
[b7d][u7d][color=blue7d]Stargate News Australia[/color7d][/u7d][/b7d]

[b7d][color=green7d][size=187d]They want us to believe the television ratings in aus are factual, yeah right and pigs might fly[/b7d][/color7d][/size7d]
[img7d]http://pages.prodigy.net/bestsmileys1/emoticons3/pigSflymed.gif[/img7d]
PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2003 7:00 pm
[quote:ed31f4df55="lijijil"]Dont watch it teenagery stuff..... should be on same time as 'Rage".......[/quote:ed31f4df55]

:shock: Are you kidding?!? Gilmore Girls is quite clever TV actually, and is very deserving of the timeslot that it has! Watch it once and see if you like it!
PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2003 2:33 pm
Gilmore Girls is gone... replaced by Fear Factor.

Channel 9 sucks. First Smallville, with its horrible Saturday night timeslot, gets held back til later in the year (summer hols :roll:) and now Gilmore Girls even though it was on a great Tuesday night.

How can a network have such little faith in the programing that it provides? They expect it to work wonders in a few weeks. Geez, come on. And not everything is going to be a ratings winner, they have to understand that surely. Put something against an established show that rates and its going to be a hard task.

They should at least have the balls to carry through with what they are showing. Starting and stopping, chopping and changing... its all crazy.
I would have prefered that they just simply leave it until later in the year rather than teasing us with a couple of months of episodes now then a wait. Idiots...

Now all that Nine has going for it is The West Wing. Why are they the highest rating network I will never understand.
Next

Return to Drama and Comedies