Gilmore Girls

FlashForward, Grey's Anatomy, NCIS, 24, Bones, The Good Wife, House, Heroes, Lost, The Big Bang Theory
Cecil B DeMille Life Time Achievement
Cash on hand: 210.00
PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 10:32 am
And yet she hasn't been in anything else. :shrug: I dunno. What's with her.
Raise a glass to mend all the broken hearts of all my wrecked up friends.
Sports Presenter
Cash on hand: 5.00
PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 12:11 pm
She is apparently the world's laziest actress....that's what I've been told by a source close to the show. She hated working on the show from about the 2nd or 3rd season on but was stuck in a 7 year contract.

Take what you want from that.

Bafta Nominee
Cash on hand: 0.00
PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 4:32 pm
Speaking of Season 7 I was rewatching some episodes on my iPod when I was on a bus trip a few weeks ago. Helped pass time. Granted I still haven't watched the second half of Season 6 and first half of Season 7 yet, but I'll eventually get there. That's due more to the fact I was under a bet at the time than any of the storylines that were outlined during that time.

[quote:1c9e516160]One of the sticking points for an 8th season with Alexis Bledel - hesitating to commit to another year, she was virtually the only cast member who hesitated when it came to wanting to do an 8th season. From what i gather, she was ready to move on to new roles in her career.[/quote:1c9e516160]
It wasn't just Alexis who had issues with doing an 8th season, so the total burden shouldn't be placed on her or Lauren. There were other factors involved.

Up until after they filmed there was a good chance it was going to come back, but in the end after they had wrapped, an agreement couldn't be reached. Heck they all went to their wrap party, not knowing whether or not they'd be back.
Some Gossip a Day Keeps the Doctor Away.

Oscar Nominee
Cash on hand: 1,350.70
Bank: 520,167.00
PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 6:52 pm
[quote:d1537d020a="gossipcom"]Speaking of Season 7 I was rewatching some episodes on my iPod when I was on a bus trip a few weeks ago. Helped pass time. Granted I still haven't watched the second half of Season 6 and first half of Season 7 yet, but I'll eventually get there. That's due more to the fact I was under a bet at the time than any of the storylines that were outlined during that time.

[quote:d1537d020a]One of the sticking points for an 8th season with Alexis Bledel - hesitating to commit to another year, she was virtually the only cast member who hesitated when it came to wanting to do an 8th season. From what i gather, she was ready to move on to new roles in her career.[/quote:d1537d020a]
It wasn't just Alexis who had issues with doing an 8th season, so the total burden shouldn't be placed on her or Lauren. There were other factors involved.

Up until after they filmed there was a good chance it was going to come back, but in the end after they had wrapped, an agreement couldn't be reached. Heck they all went to their wrap party, not knowing whether or not they'd be back.[/quote:d1537d020a]

Totally, i didn't mean to come off as being aggressive with placing the blame entirely on her. There were other logistical issues aswell that compounded the decision to not do an 8th season.

There were even rumours prior to season 7 where they were not going to push ahead with a 7th season (because of the creator leaving the production etc).
PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 7:25 pm
Don't be sorry, I blame Alexis.
Cash on hand: 12,680.00
Bank: 806,574.30
Mood: Happy
PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 7:35 pm
I blame no one and am more then over it. LOL

We got 7 awesome seasons. Not perfect all the time, but still great TV.

I LOVED the ending, again not everything was perfect, but ti felt right there was a nice balance of rounding things off and hope for the future.

It annoys me when people pick at things years down the track. I think those people were never going to be happy no matter what so just deal with it already ;)
Cash on hand: 770.00
Bank: 1,057,397.00
PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 10:50 pm
Hey i spoke to my girlfriend and she re-watched the last ep. She said it did end perfectly and was really happy with it!

-Ben
Weather Presenter
PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 12:30 pm
I really want to see this, its so expensive to buy atm though

It sounds good by what has been said in this thread :)
PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 2:52 pm
35 bucks at JB. :shrug:

Bafta Nominee
PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 3:32 pm
[quote:0729d0235c]We got 7 awesome seasons. Not perfect all the time, but still great TV.

I LOVED the ending, again not everything was perfect, but ti felt right there was a nice balance of rounding things off and hope for the future.

It annoys me when people pick at things years down the track. I think those people were never going to be happy no matter what so just deal with it already[/quote:0729d0235c]
:sb_yes:

Agree with your post entirely. I couldn't have said it better myself (well that's basically what I was trying to say in my previous post).
Some Gossip a Day Keeps the Doctor Away.
PreviousNext

Return to Drama and Comedies