Twin Peaks (SPOILERS)

Like your Sci-Fi? Chat about your favourite shows, test your knowledge in the long running Sci Fi quiz, read about upcoming conventions or post your con reports! Come in and mix with the best :)
Cecil B DeMille Life Time Achievement
Cash on hand: 1,917.50
PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2006 8:40 am
In response to Allie's Lynch-hating post:

Twin Peaks- the first season anyway- is one of the best television shows ever made. That's all I'm saying. No other show has created such an amazing atmosphere of dread and mystery. Love the haunting music, which just add's to it. It was wierd, sure- but give me wierd over predictable and formulaic any day of the week.

And at IMDB it's got a 9.6/10 rating. True, there's only 696 votes, but that's pretty high anyway! :)

And who honestly could not love the hilarious Dale Cooper? That guy was crazy! :D
Golden Globe Nominee
Cash on hand: 0.00
PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2006 12:17 pm
Yeah, it was the father who killed her, but not the father, he was possessed or something by bob......

who then possessed cooper, or something.......

A.A. please explain to me the weird stuff..........

the backwards talking?????
the log lady????
My fave BB Hm's:
meh, none at the moment.
Cash on hand: 1,917.50
PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2006 12:43 pm
I've only seen the first season so thanks for the warning about the spoiler there. :|

As for all the wierd stuff...well, I don't exactly understand any of it! :D

I just go with it. I've always liked wierd stuff, and like Lynch's film, Mulholland Drive I don't mind not having a clue by the end as long as it's fascinating and compelling while I'm watching it. And if it's done well, it won't make a difference what the end is. It's the journey that matters, not the finish. But you know, having said that, I do think there is some kind of twisted logic to it all. Although, as I said, I haven't seen the apparently inferior second season.

So,sorry, not getting any answers from me. I'm sure there's other sources on the net that could help you! :)

Cash on hand: 5,067.50
Bank: 0.00
PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2006 1:02 pm
For info on David Lynch, I refer you to http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Lynch

Although it doesn't cover it in detail you will note his 'director trademark' of dreamlike surrealism that doesn't always make sense (used extensively in the series) and more overtly the gritty underside behind the facade of the typical american town (prostitution, drug running etc). The 'Who killed Laura Palmer' mystery was more of a device to link the characters together than the main thrust of the series.

If you wanted to see more of this gritty underside I recommend the film Blue Velvet (also by Lynch).

You will see that Lynch clashed with the network (and possibly his partner Mark Frost) about how the show was to progress.

Also, if you haven't seen the Twin Peaks film 'Fire, Walk with me' I recommend it for a better explanation of Laura Palmers demons. Although it starts off 'Lynch - wierd' it becomes much more sane.

In short - you aren't supposed to 'get it', I think Lynch would be happy if you watched it and discussed it around the water cooler (which was certainly the case at the time.
Golden Globe Nominee
PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 6:55 am
[quote:3c02ff6e1f="A.A"]I've only seen the first season so thanks for the warning about the spoiler there. :|

As for all the wierd stuff...well, I don't exactly understand any of it! :D

I just go with it. I've always liked wierd stuff, and like Lynch's film, Mulholland Drive I don't mind not having a clue by the end as long as it's fascinating and compelling while I'm watching it. And if it's done well, it won't make a difference what the end is. It's the journey that matters, not the finish. But you know, having said that, I do think there is some kind of twisted logic to it all. Although, as I said, I haven't seen the apparently inferior second season.

So,sorry, not getting any answers from me. I'm sure there's other sources on the net that could help you! :)[/quote:3c02ff6e1f]

A.A. i am sooooooooooooooo sorry

i just assumed that cause it was so old, everyone who came here would have seen it, plus its so cult
i am so sorry
i have learnt not to assume
My fave BB Hm's:
meh, none at the moment.
Cash on hand: 12,680.00
Bank: 975,954.30
Mood: Happy
PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 4:29 pm
I havn't seen the second season either, but luckily for you someone else had already opened their big mouth ;)
Golden Globe Nominee
PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 5:58 am
*goes to corner and hangs head in shame*
My fave BB Hm's:
meh, none at the moment.
Oscar Winner
Cash on hand: 10,925.80
Mood: not sure
PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 3:34 pm
madchen amick is one of the most beautiful women on tv ever

she sort of slipped through the cracks for some reason