Sci-Fi Conventions - News and Fan Reports

Like your Sci-Fi? Chat about your favourite shows, test your knowledge in the long running Sci Fi quiz, read about upcoming conventions or post your con reports! Come in and mix with the best :)
Emmy Nominee
Cash on hand: 582.50
PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2012 1:21 pm
We have some bad news and some good news for the upcoming Vampire Diaries event. Unfortunately Candice Accola has had to cancel her appearance due to new work commitments.
However, we are very pleased to announce that joining us instead will be every bodies favourite history teacher, Alaric Saltzman himself, Matt Davis!

http://​www.thehubproductions.com/​Events/​Vampire-Diaries-2-A-Return-to-M​ystic-Falls/​Vampire-Diaries-2-Guests/

The new Final 5 TVD Actors that will be attending to Return to Mystic Falls 2, are:-

David Anders - John Gilbert - Elena's dad & Jeremy's Uncle;
Michael Trevino - Tyler Lockwood - the Hybrid Vampire Wolf;
Steven R. McQueen - Jeremy Gilbert - Mystic Fall's Ghost Whisperer;
Kat Graham - Bonnie - Mystic Fall's resident teenage witch; &
Matt Davis - Alaric Satzman - everybodies favourite history teacher - turned psycho vampire-hunting vampire;
Emmy Nominee
Cash on hand: 582.50
PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 5:06 pm
1 week before the TVD convention, 2 of the original guests aren't now able to attend due to different circumstances. But we now have 2 new guests in their place.

http://www.thehubproductions.com/news/6 ... t-changes/

The now upadated & new Final 5 TVD Actors that will be attending to Return to Mystic Falls 2, are:-

David Anders - John Gilbert - Elena's dad & Jeremy's Uncle;
Nathaniel Buzolic - Kol Michealson - the one of Klaus's 3 Original vampire brothers;
Steven R. McQueen - Jeremy Gilbert - Mystic Fall's Ghost Whisperer;
Malese Jow - Anna - Jeremy's 2nd vampire girlfriend/ghost; &
Matt Davis - Alaric Satzman - everybodies favourite history teacher
Oscar Winner
Cash on hand: 10,923.30
Mood: not sure
PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 1:27 pm
Khal Drogo from Game of Thrones is coming down to Australia for the next convention
Hollywood Legend
Cash on hand: 57.50
Bank: 28,405.50
Mood: Cool
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 9:50 pm
Those who are Red Dwarf fans should head to either Melbourne or Sydney for A Smegging Good Weekend featuring Robert Llewellyn, Danny John Jules and Craig Charles
go to www.cultureshockevents.com.au if you are a Sydney darling or www.firstcontactconventions.com.au if you are a Melbournite
Dr. Phlox: Till your digestive tract is fully restored, you may want to avoid Mess Hall.
Lt. Reed: What do you suggest I eat?
Dr. Phlox: You're welcome to some of the moth larvae I feed to my Pyrithian bat.
Cecil B DeMille Life Time Achievement
Cash on hand: 17,398.30
Bank: 0.00
PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2015 12:45 am
went to my first convention last week, Supanova in Adelaide.

it was fine but didn't spend more than 2 hours there, walked around a few times and bought some figurines. didn't meet any celebs but did see a couple from a distance like Nick Frost with a big ass beard. there was quite a few stalls you could buy stuff from so most of the time you are searching through soo cool things. but the prices ain't cheap, would have thought they'd be cheaper for this kind of thing.. might as well buy them from a actual store if they are gonna be the same price if not more expensive. Summer Glau was there and would have got a photo with her but couldn't get myself to put down the money for it.

I will go to Oz Comic Con next time, me thinks it will be better.
Cecil B DeMille Life Time Achievement
Cash on hand: 17,398.30
Bank: 0.00
PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2016 11:05 pm
I went to Oz Comic Con in Adelaide in Saturday.

it was bigger and better then Supanova, lots of stalls and they have mystery boxes too.

not too many celebs but some good ones, Jim Beaver, Lucy Lawless, Kelly Hu and others. didn't meet them.

didn't really buy anything, wished they had DVD stalls but all they had were anime.

I bet the US conventions are way better!
Previous

Return to Sci-Fi & Fantasy