Gotham (Batman Origins) [DC]

Like your Sci-Fi? Chat about your favourite shows, test your knowledge in the long running Sci Fi quiz, read about upcoming conventions or post your con reports! Come in and mix with the best :)
Cecil B DeMille Life Time Achievement
Cash on hand: 17,358.30
Bank: 0.00
PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2014 4:31 pm
Coming Soon to Nine

I think this would work better as a one off series, otherwise it's gonna take many seasons to get to Bruce actually becoming Batman. and really, it's not gonna be that interesting to me... he's only a kid, who cares about being a prequel. it would be better off being a series in his late teens, young adult.

I'm gonna guess they'll pair it with Arrow.
PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 4:01 pm
ok 2 eps have aired in the states, where the F is it Nine?!

if your gonna fast-track something, do it the same week as the US!

do it like Ten does, or even Seven.. not weeks after dammit!
Cash on hand: 9,365.00
Bank: 804,267.00
Mood: Cool
PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 7:14 pm
I'm guessing they're waiting until after The Block finishes up in a couple of weeks, when BB will move to an earlier timeslot and they'll have space in their schedule.

"Coming soon" seems to mean "anytime we feel like it" :lol:
The power of submission lies not in the ability to kneel before another, to give over one's body or in the wearing of a collar.
The power of submission can be found only in the heart of one who gives her love to another freely knowing what joy and pain will come of it - Roguer
Bafta Winner
Cash on hand: 77.50
Bank: 32,900.00
PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 7:18 pm
Cyborg wrote:ok 2 eps have aired in the states, where the F is it Nine?!

if your gonna fast-track something, do it the same week as the US!

do it like Ten does, or even Seven.. not weeks after dammit!

Been through this with 'Smallville' which Gotham has a lot of familiarity with. I believe Channel 9 is going through the same withdraw symptoms with genre shows.. :|

Gotham needs to be on channel 10 or 11. Period.
Formally known as SUPER-BLUR [2010-2013] and now known as KAL [2005-2010/2014-]
PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 8:00 pm
Just saw an ad for Gotham coming to Sundays (Sunday week) but no time announced yet.

Edit: Double episode scheduled for Sunday 12 October @ 8.30pm.

http://www.tvtonight.com.au/2014/10/airdate-gotham.html
The power of submission lies not in the ability to kneel before another, to give over one's body or in the wearing of a collar.
The power of submission can be found only in the heart of one who gives her love to another freely knowing what joy and pain will come of it - Roguer
PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2014 9:29 am
So who watched? I thought it was very good, quite dark in places (as I was expecting). Looking forward to next ep!
PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2015 5:22 pm
been catching up on episodes that Nine played, think it was 8.
once I finish watching all of those I taped, I think I'm done with it.

this is a crime show, disguised as a Batman/Bruce Wayne origin story. oh sure we get characters we know already like Penguin and Gordon as well as a young Bruce but why should we care about him as a kid? shouldn't we care more about his teen years, like Smallville with Superman? the story isn't much about him anyway, we only get small doses of Young Bruce anyway. it's a way of suckering people in making viewers think it's a Batman show... it's not. at least with Smallville he was more grown up and gets to kick some ass.

I think they had this idea for the show all wrong. ok young Bruce is upset about seeing his parents killed, we get that. and with the show we see him grow to the man we know today, but that sounds like a really slow burn of a show, this show would have to go on forever to have anything remotely interesting about him, that's why we done see a full episode about him, we see a crime solving show with Bruce in the background.

PS I have split the original news posts and this thread apart since FTA can get quite behind:

this is the 'spoiler' thread - viewtopic.php?f=5&t=30659
PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2015 5:05 pm
New episodes of Gotham are returning to GO! on Sunday 17 May (time TBA) according to promo on Nine this morning.
PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2015 8:31 pm
that's where it should have gone in the first place, I'm sure Arrow will go there too.

GO have been repeating both shows late at night recently.
PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2015 10:10 am
Cyborg wrote:that's where it should have gone in the first place, I'm sure Arrow will go there too.

GO have been repeating both shows late at night recently.

Gotham 8.30pm, double new Arrow 9.30pm.
Next

Return to Sci-Fi & Fantasy