American Horror Story

Like your Sci-Fi? Chat about your favourite shows, test your knowledge in the long running Sci Fi quiz, read about upcoming conventions or post your con reports! Come in and mix with the best :)
Cecil B DeMille Life Time Achievement
Cash on hand: 17,393.30
Bank: 0.00
PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2011 7:02 pm
Airdate: American Horror Story

ELEVEN will premiere American Horror Story, the bold new drama series from Ryan Murphy, next month.

The series featuring Dylan McDermott, Connie Britton, Jessica Lange, Frances Conroy, Dennis O’Hare,
Zachary Quinto, has attracted colourful reviews in the US, many of which comment on its wild storytelling.

When the Harmon family relocate to a stately mansion in Los Angeles disturbing secrets start env eloping each of their lives.

American Horror Story is a visual feast, sexy and haunting.

9:30pm Tuesday November 1st on ELEVEN.

cool, will be tuning in. I was expecting Thursday night though, so is Office out or moved back to 8:30?
was also expecting it to go on tuesdays, Office is the only comedy on that night at the moment.

http://www.tvtonight.com.au/2011/10/air ... story.html
Last edited by Cyborg on Fri Jan 13, 2012 11:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cash on hand: 17,131.40
Bank: 4,041.00
Mood: Tired
PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2011 12:28 pm
So, they'll be about half way through the series in the US before Ten stars it... not too bad... I thought this was going to be on Foxtel's new FX channel brand new in January?
Cash on hand: 9,412.50
Bank: 804,267.00
Mood: Cool
PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 9:58 am
Avoiding the spoiler thread.... :D
Absolutely loved this! Even Mr Rayne got into it and he doesn't often like horror/fantasy shows (I suspect it was the hot looking housekeeper! :lol: ).

Demented, creepy, and that kid Tate is a serial killer in the making (if I have my profiling correct ;) ). Will most definitely watching this next week O<>
The power of submission lies not in the ability to kneel before another, to give over one's body or in the wearing of a collar.
The power of submission can be found only in the heart of one who gives her love to another freely knowing what joy and pain will come of it - Roguer
PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 7:35 am
OMG! Last night's ep was a surprise!

Spoiler: show
Violet is a ghost - has been for a while DUH I never twigged....and Constance just gets more evil every episode.
The power of submission lies not in the ability to kneel before another, to give over one's body or in the wearing of a collar.
The power of submission can be found only in the heart of one who gives her love to another freely knowing what joy and pain will come of it - Roguer
Cash on hand: 30,562.50
Bank: 2,415,488.30
Mood: besotted
PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 7:59 am
I 've been spoilered for it for a while now, so no surprise, but still a good reveal!

I liked the way Constance disposed of the cheating husband, and yes, her evilness knows no bounds. Jessica Lange must have had a hoot playing her! :)
PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 9:01 am
cleo wrote:I 've been spoilered for it for a while now, so no surprise, but still a good reveal!

I liked the way Constance disposed of the cheating husband, and yes, her evilness knows no bounds. Jessica Lange must have had a hoot playing her! :)

She has to get an Emmy for this :<

Oscar Nominee
Cash on hand: 2,064.80
Mood: infactuated
PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 3:25 pm
I love this show. I was spoiled before this episode aired also but I still enjoyed it.
PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2012 3:05 pm
I recently caught up with the first 11 eps before the finale tonight.

I love it, its one of my new favorites now. its very strange, twisted, violent and freaky!!

love the opening credits, they remind me of the Hills Have Eyes remake opening credits. many twists going on, but those are mainly characters who ended up being dead all along. so many characters and stories/back stories going on, its hard to keep up at times. but I think I like the first half of the season more cause it was more mysterious, like the 'rubber' man ending up being Tate. would have prefered not to know who or what it was as its more freaky that way, the same with other reveals. all the twists and reveals of dead people, (like the daughter being dead) all should have been left for season 2. they crammed so much into the second half of the season, makes me wonder what the hell can they do with season 2 now?! so many 'dead' characters, what else could they do?!

looking forward to the finale, to see how it ends.
PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 1:38 am
so, what did everyone think of the finale and whole season?

the season I've mentioned, the finale though was pretty decent. thought they were setting it up with another family moving in and being like this season, so it'll be really interesting what they come up with for season 2. didn't know the FX network could be so.. violent, the finale had a throat slashing and bullet to the head!

hopefully Eleven will fast-track Season 2 real close to the US start date, when ever that may be!
Cash on hand: 30,562.50
Bank: 2,415,488.30
Mood: besotted
PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 8:00 am
Cyborg wrote:so, what did everyone think of the finale and whole season?

the season I've mentioned, the finale though was pretty decent. thought they were setting it up with another family moving in and being like this season, so it'll be really interesting what they come up with for season 2.

From what I understand the next series won't be in that house ... and if it stayed in that house I imagine it would become a good ghosts v bad ghosts story and be a bit repetitive.
Odd show but I liked it. Creepy that the family are now a happy family now that they all dead.
Next

Return to Sci-Fi & Fantasy