American Horror Story

Like your Sci-Fi? Chat about your favourite shows, test your knowledge in the long running Sci Fi quiz, read about upcoming conventions or post your con reports! Come in and mix with the best :)
Cecil B DeMille Life Time Achievement
Cash on hand: 9,352.50
Bank: 804,267.00
Mood: Cool
PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2014 12:19 pm
Watched ep 1 of Freak Show - all I can say is WOW this is outstanding and Twisty the clown gave me nightmares! :o
The power of submission lies not in the ability to kneel before another, to give over one's body or in the wearing of a collar.
The power of submission can be found only in the heart of one who gives her love to another freely knowing what joy and pain will come of it - Roguer
Oscar Winner
Cash on hand: 10,920.80
Mood: not sure
PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2014 5:53 pm
its john carroll lynch

He played Drew Carey's cross dressing brother - who eventually married Mimi (Drew's arch nemesis) in the office

He was also very good on Carnivale, a HBO series about a caravan of circus freaks, it had Nick Stahl (from Terminator 3) as the lead guy

Cash on hand: 17,358.30
Bank: 0.00
PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2014 4:06 pm
have been catching up, good season so far. I thought seasons 2&3 were just average but this is better.

yeah, that's one scary clown! love the opening credits, talk about twisted -

Oscar Winner
Cash on hand: 10,920.80
Mood: not sure
PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2014 12:04 pm
Oh my god! Nirvana's Come As You Are, sung by Evan Peters!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2015 1:30 am
while I'm sure we'll get 'Hotel' (Season 5) fast tracked I thought I'd bring up something interesting.

the DVD and blu ray releases have been rated R18+ for High Impact Horror Themes and Violence.

I find that interesting cause this is a FX show, not HBO or Showtime where it's sometimes expected. not only that though, the home releases covers say it's UNCUT, very interesting cause they don't normally cut content out of shows in America.

this is an alternate JB exclusive cover.
PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2015 5:26 pm
this returns Monday October 12th at 9:30, four days after their US premiere.

http://www.tvtonight.com.au/2015/09/air ... tural.html
PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2015 8:57 am
TEN forced to censor racy scenes in American Horror Story

It’s attracting critical buzz in the US thanks to its racy scenes and star casting, but American Horror Story: Hotel has had to be snipped for Australian viewers in only its first week.

Scenes including Lady Gaga were trimmed for ELEVEN viewers on Monday, to meet with its MA classification.

A Network TEN spokesperson told TV Tonight:

“There were elements of the show that were rated ‘R’ therefore they were edited. We are not allowed to show ‘R’ rated content in a 9.30pm timeslot, actually in any timeslot for that matter.

“No commercial network is allowed to broadcast any ‘R’ rated programs, nor have they ever been allowed to.

“American Horror Story: Hotel is rated MA with some scenes rated R.”

The anthology series screens in the US on cable channel FX, but has a Free to Air broadcast in Australia.

TEN has previously edited US shows, usually to comply with broadcasting classifications, including Californication, Glee, The Simpsons and The Bold and the Beautiful.

TV Tonight understands affected scenes included a rape scene, orgy scene and Lady Gaga cutting the throat of a Swedish hotel guest.

http://www.tvtonight.com.au/2015/10/ten ... story.html

By my reckoning there was about 4 minutes cut out. I may have to watch by "other means" :roll:
The power of submission lies not in the ability to kneel before another, to give over one's body or in the wearing of a collar.
The power of submission can be found only in the heart of one who gives her love to another freely knowing what joy and pain will come of it - Roguer
PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2015 1:22 pm
that's interesting but it's an FX show, they can't be too graphic. previous seasons were pretty violent at times on Eleven, but like I mentioned earlier the home releases of 'Freakshow' are UNCUT so I don't know if it's because the US had cut stuff out or Ten.
PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2016 2:00 pm
what did you all think of Season 5 (Hotel)?

I liked it, don't get all the date. it got slow in the middle but the first half was pretty good. liked how they had serial killers for dinner at the hotel and Zodiac's identity was covered, since we don't know who he really was. pretty violent season, even though the first episode was edited the rest got pretty damn bloody!

not the best season but an interesting one. it's my 3rd favorite - 1,4,5,2,3
PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2016 8:34 am
Returning: American Horror Story

American Horror Story‘s mysterious sixth season will return to ELEVEN soon.

It will premiere at 9:30pm Monday September 19, four days after its US debut.

The series, which is officially still under wraps, is heavily rumoured to be subtitled “The Mist” and revolving around the 1590 colony of 117 people, in Roanoke, North Carolina, that disappeared without a trace.

Thus far TEN is also keeping mum on the details, but has likely been kept in the dark too….

Lady Gaga, Sarah Paulson, Angela Bassett, Evan Peters, Denis O’Hare, Matt Bomer, Leslie Jordan and Cheyenne Jackson have all been confirmed for the season.

The highly-anticipated sixth season of American Horror Story premieres tonight with plenty of twists and turns to keep fans guessing.

In a never-before-seen stunt, creators Ryan Murphy and Brad Falchuk are not confirming the theme, location or cast of the new season until its launch.

While creators Ryan Murphy and Brad Falchuk are not confirming the theme, location or cast of the new season until its launch, the rumour mill is in overdrive as fans and critics discuss the direction the season might take.

Ryan Murphy has hinted this top-secret season will involve children and have operatic themes.

MTV News reports returning cast member Evan Peters was recently photographed with dyed red hair, leading some to speculate that he may be portraying Malachi from Children of the Corn which is emulated in one of the trailer themes released thus far.

http://www.tvtonight.com.au/2016/09/ret ... ory-3.html
Previous

Return to Sci-Fi & Fantasy