American Horror Story (SPOILERS)

Like your Sci-Fi? Chat about your favourite shows, test your knowledge in the long running Sci Fi quiz, read about upcoming conventions or post your con reports! Come in and mix with the best :)
Cecil B DeMille Life Time Achievement
Cash on hand: 17,355.80
Bank: 0.00
PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2011 12:40 pm
And here is a glimpse at American Horror Story, the next series from Ryan Murphy and Brad Falchuk (Glee).

Airing in the US from October it stars Dylan McDermott, Connie Britton and Jessica Lange.

Described as a psychosexual thriller, it centers on a therapist (McDermott) and his wife (Britton) who, dealing with the aftermath of the husband’s adultery, move along with their kids into a new house that seems to know all about their fears and plays on them.

looks very interesting.
Last edited by Cyborg on Wed May 02, 2012 11:23 am, edited 3 times in total.
Cash on hand: 17,131.40
Bank: 4,041.00
Mood: Tired
PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2011 5:45 pm
Very interested in this series. A welcome return to more edgy stuff from Ryan Murphy...
Cash on hand: 12,680.00
Bank: 975,954.30
Mood: Happy
PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2011 11:07 pm
What the heck!!!!!!!!!

I have no words on what i just watched. I am not sure if it was genius or insane or horrendous?

It was like NOTHING I have seen on tv before and that is something I didn't think i would say again.

hmmm.....not sure if I can keep watching this :shock: :?

ER Surgeon
Cash on hand: 612.50
PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2011 11:54 pm
VMars wrote: It was like NOTHING I have seen on tv before and that is something I didn't think i would say again. hmmm.....not sure if I can keep watching this :shock: :?

I've been curious about this one, but a little worried about what I'd see if I tune in. Am I going to be totally creeped out if I watch this?
PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2011 10:46 am
This is like something that David Lynch would crap out... in a good way. Trashy, horrifying, demented... I LOVE it! I wouldn't say its particularly scary, but its certainly off-kilter and completely bonkers. I'll be sticking with it.
PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 9:36 pm
Episode 4 was bloody awesome stuff!!!

It was noticeably more intense, with less chopping and changing in the narrative. It felt like the most coherent of the episodes.

Zachary Quinto was great in this role and it was so interesting to see him playing a gay character after so soon coming out in the media ;)

I am in love with this show :)

ps. It is official that this show gave FX its highest rating premiere ever!

Now if only it can get a few seasons before going off the rails quality rise, but taking Ryan Murphy's history into account I am not hopeful. this wont stop me enjoying it for now though!

Secret Life Extra
Cash on hand: 317.50
PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 12:04 am
I thought so too VMars...Zachary was brilliant! I hope he shows up more but judging how things are going I'm guessing he will.
PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2011 11:53 am
Yeah, we've watched all five episode so far, and its bloody great. Really keeping the wierd factor up pretty high... its not really making much sense, but I'm giving the writers some credit to pay off some of the plotting they are setting up before I write it off.

Zachary was great; always love whatever he does. The whole cast are really great though I must say...

VMars wrote:Now if only it can get a few seasons before going off the rails quality rise, but taking Ryan Murphy's history into account I am not hopeful. this wont stop me enjoying it for now though!

Definatly has me worried, but then again Nip/Tuck had a long shelf life before it got stale.
PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2011 3:08 pm
The ending of episode 5 was great with all the dead ones walking back into the house gates...it was a terrific fanboy moment.

I really love the show and the episodes have been much more linear and coherent, yet still the creepy factor was strong.

I love the show more and more each episode and it certainly is a must see for me this season.
Cash on hand: 585.00
PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 3:28 pm
'American Horror Story': Jessica Lange returning, moving to the East Coast

"American Horror Story" creator Ryan Murphy appeared on Bravo's "Watch What Happens Live" with Andy Cohen Monday night (Feb. 6), where he dished some dirt on the second season of everyone's favorite new scary series.

When asked if Jessica Lange, who won both the Golden Globe and the Screen Actors Guild awards for her portrayal of Constance in Season 1 of "AHS," will be making an appearance in Season 2, Murphy says yes.

Though in what capacity, we don't know.

But Murphy goes on to say that Season 2 is "going to be somewhere on the East Coast and it's going to be a 'horror institution.'"

"I'm in negotiations with four of the people who were on last year's show, none of them were the Harmons. But none of the deals have closed, so I can't say [who they are]," Murphy continues.

We're bummed about the "no Harmons" part, especially for newcomer Taissa Farmiga. But we wonder which four it'll be? Is Lange one of them? We hope Denis O'Hare, Evan Peters and Alexandra Breckenridge are amongst the four.

Which four do you hope it'll be?

And as for the "horror institution," we wish the Danvers State Hospital in Massachusetts hadn't been torn down. That would've been a perfect(ly terrifying) place to film.

"American Horror Story" will return to FX in the fall of 2012. We can hardly wait!

http://blog.zap2it.com/frominsidethebox/2012/02/american-horror-story-jessica-lange-returning-moving-to-the-east-coast.html

They'd be fools not to bring Jessica Lange back as a cast member, Im hoping Frances Conroy is also one of the four theyre bringing back. And hopefully Zachary Quinto and Sarah Paulson
Next

Return to Sci-Fi & Fantasy