General Sci-Fi News & Discussion

Like your Sci-Fi? Chat about your favourite shows, test your knowledge in the long running Sci Fi quiz, read about upcoming conventions or post your con reports! Come in and mix with the best :)
Oscar Nominee
Cash on hand: 47.50
Bank: 1,729,186.60
Mood: Cool
PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2011 10:27 am
Pilot Updates

Here's Adrianne Palicki as Wonder Woman!! HERE

Cecil B DeMille Life Time Achievement
Cash on hand: 5,067.50
Bank: 0.00
PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2011 11:40 am
OMG! * dies happy! * :D

Cash on hand: 10,108.10
PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2011 2:32 pm
:D Although she's much better as a blonde I am not complaining.
Oscar Winner
Cash on hand: 247.50
Mood: lost the plot
PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 5:55 pm
I think the boots would've been better red.
I may be a geek, but it's one of my endearing qualities.
Oscar Nominee
PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2011 8:32 pm
Have been working on TV Central for a while now.. Almost forgot about this place :<|

@Kerrbea: The powers that be have listened to all the criticism that they have updated the current suit which you can see here. But they are still getting bashed for Wonder Woman's pants, so they're going to have her wear the full iconic suit by the end of the pilot episode. How's that? ;)
Oscar Nominee
Cash on hand: 16,354.10
Bank: 659,744.00
Mood: not sure
PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2011 3:43 pm
No no no NO :!:

WW must wear shorts :!:
BRING BACK LETTERS AND NUMBERS
Oscar Nominee
PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2011 6:08 pm
@Critic: Read my last post, WW will wear her iconic shorts by the end of the pilot episode. The powers that be have listened to all the criticism for the last couple of months so they basically gave in :wink:

They said it will be a step by step process (borrowing from Smallville), here's the article:

WonderWomanTV wrote:NBC President Robert Greenblatt Reveals That We Will See Wonder Woman In Shorts

In a short new interview at TVLine, NBC president Robert Greenblatt reveals that the new TV Wonder Woman (Adrianne Palicki) will have multiple costumes.

There was an initial outcry about the long pants – you know, skintight pants as opposed to those little shorts [worn by Lynda Carter in the original TV series],” Greenblatt told TVLine. “But the shorts were always planned. They are actually used in the final confrontation when she beats Veronica Cale (played by Elizabeth Hurley).”

The alternative costume seen on Hollywood Blvd. was apparently always part of the plan, he said. “We haven’t made any changes from what was planned,” he assured. “But it’s always good to hear the feedback. I’d rather have people really passionately engaged in conversation, even if they hate something, than be kind of bored.”

Greenblatt is aware of some criticism the leaked pilot script got online, but he still sounds confident. “There’s always critiques of everything,” he said. “If we listen to all of that, we would probably never be able to get the job done. David’s a great writer… and I actually think he’ll bring an intelligence to [the show] that other … writers might not. I think it’s going to be interesting to see it cut together.” As for the finished product, what are the chances of Wonder Woman landing on our TV screens this Fall?

“I’ve been doing this long enough to know that nothing is a safe bet,” he told TVLine. “Even with the best of intentions and the best people, you just don’t know until you see it finished – and we’re a few weeks away from that. But it’s been getting a lot of attention. A lot.”
Oscar Winner
Cash on hand: 247.50
PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 4:14 pm
Thanks for the link Super-Blur. That outfit is an improvement.

Can't wait to see this, I just hope they don't screw it up or it'll be a loooong time before they try again.
I may be a geek, but it's one of my endearing qualities.
Cash on hand: 7,484.00
Bank: 547,683.00
PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2011 12:27 am
Ah this thread/quiz is worthy of a bump - Not sure how I missed this before, it's a bit of fun. Had no idea what to expect, just hoping/expecting X-Files would be high, maybe some Star Trek too, at the very least.

Bebop (Cowboy Bebop) 81%
Deep Space Nine (Star Trek) 75%
Enterprise D (Star Trek) 69%
Moya (Farscape) 56%
FBI's X-Files Division (The X-Files) 56%
Millennium Falcon (Star Wars) 56%
Galactica (Battlestar: Galactica) 56%
Babylon 5 (Babylon 5) 50%
Heart of Gold (Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy) 50%
SG-1 (Stargate) 50%
Serenity (Firefly) 50%
Andromeda Ascendant (Andromeda) 50%
Nebuchadnezzar (The Matrix) 44%

I haven't even seen Cowboy Beebop, though I've heard of it. Not big into Anime either, don't know that much about it, though I enjoyed some of the flicks I've seen, biggies like Akira, Ghost in the Shell, Ninja Scrolls and and a lesser known one, Perfect Blue. I guess Beebop is the only well known Anime, I haven't seen yet, lol. Not surprised by the X-Files result in hindsight, as I'm not big into conspiracy theories and there were a number of targeted questions in that area, lol. I'm more a 'Scully' than 'Mulder' maybe, "I Still Want to Believe" though. ;: :P Slightly surprised by Farscape being up there too, haven't seen much of that either, never appealed much at time. Rest of the results not much of a surprise, though I did very much enjoy the Matrix, though granted I haven't seen it's sequels nor know anything much of it's 'canon,' which I've heard has had mixed reviews, at the very least.

A bit limited in the Sci-Fi shows too, though the poll is slightly dated, but still, could throw in the 80's 'V' and more movies stuff, like 'Blade Runner,' 'Logan's Run,' '1984,' 'DOCTOR WHO?' or some such. Could've had a bit more diversity too (Some of those shows, their themes, too similar)? But I guess with the quiz set up, that may've been easier said than done though and it may've also been hard to squeeze any more in.

Damn I lost the Beebop page, forgot to post the comment, I wanted to as nobody else had posted it yet. Tried second time and not too different, though happily X-Files tad higher, lol. And I'm not a big 'Firefly' person lol, though in saying that I did enjoy the 'Serenity' movie, by and large. Came up DS-9 top this time, Beebop STILL high up, here's the DS-9 descriptor:

You Scored as Deep Space Nine (Star Trek)

You have entered the dark side of the Star Trek universe. The paradise of Earth is far from you and you must survive despite having enemies on all fronts. But you wouldn't have it any other way because you thrive in conflict and will know what needs to be done to take care of those around you. Now if only the Founders would quit trying to take over the galaxy.

Deep Space Nine (Star Trek) 81%
Bebop (Cowboy Bebop) 75%
Enterprise D (Star Trek) 75%
Serenity (Firefly) 63%
FBI's X-Files Division (The X-Files) 63%
Andromeda Ascendant (Andromeda) 56%
Galactica (Battlestar: Galactica) 56%
Heart of Gold (Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy) 56%
Millennium Falcon (Star Wars) 50%
Babylon 5 (Babylon 5) 50%
Moya (Farscape) 44%
SG-1 (Stargate) 44%
Nebuchadnezzar (The Matrix) 44%
TVAus Signature Competition #6 - FINAL ROUND (Sig Comp #7 Sig) Sigs now in thread - Come check them out and feel free to comment!
Cash on hand: 30,562.50
Bank: 2,415,488.30
Mood: besotted
PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2011 11:09 am
God, I haven't done one of these quizzes in ages ... as for the results, I'd say the only out of place show is Stargate and HGttG. ( Gave up on Stargate after a couple of seasons.)
Loved BSG and Serenity/Firefly though. Star Trek should have been higher up too. :P

You Scored as Serenity (Firefly)
You like to live your own way and don't enjoy when anyone but a friend tries to tell you should do different. Now if only the Reavers would quit trying to skin you.

Spoiler: show
Serenity (Firefly)
100%
SG-1 (Stargate)
94%
Galactica (Battlestar: Galactica)
75%
FBI's X-Files Division (The X-Files)
69%
Millennium Falcon (Star Wars)
69%
Heart of Gold (Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy)
63%
Babylon 5 (Babylon 5)
63%
Moya (Farscape)
63%
Andromeda Ascendant (Andromeda)
56%
Deep Space Nine (Star Trek)
56%
Bebop (Cowboy Bebop)
50%
Nebuchadnezzar (The Matrix)