General Sci-Fi News & Discussion

Like your Sci-Fi? Chat about your favourite shows, test your knowledge in the long running Sci Fi quiz, read about upcoming conventions or post your con reports! Come in and mix with the best :)
Oscar Winner
Cash on hand: 0.00
PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2004 10:15 pm
From ISNNews.net

[quotedd]STARGATE: ATLANTIS: According to a story published by the Canadian Press STARGATE SG-1's Richard Dean Anderson will guest star in the pilot episode for STARGATE ATLANTIS -- and that SG-1 is in its final season and he's going to retire from show business. "We're shooting [ATLANTIS] concurrently and it will hopefully pick up the ball," Anderson told the CP reporter. "I'll help launch it. I'll be in the pilot but after that I'm done." The same article also states that SG-1 (presently in its eighth season) will end this year. If so, this is the first mention by someone working on SG-1 in an official capacity.[/quotedd]

Thats it, SG-1 is over and Atlantis is the continuing story for us. Hopefully its good. I mean there is no SG-1 without Richard, just like there wasn't one without Shanks, more so with Richard since he is/was an Exec Producer. But Atlantis seems good, a fresh story remind me of when Star Trek Voyager hit the scene.
[img57]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v494/KindGuy63/FinishedCopy2.jpg[/img57]

[i57]Courtesy of Syl: The views stated above by KindGuy are in no way the views of TVAus or any of its administrators or moderators. They are the sole opinion of KindGuy.[/i57]

Cecil B DeMille Life Time Achievement
Cash on hand: 1,563.90
PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2004 12:35 am
yes, it is always sad when a favourite show comes to an end. It's like a little mourning - as you say at least we have Atlantis to look forward to: but we just got Daniel back :cry:
The same with each Star Trek series, they all lasted 7 years, and there was another one starting to pick up the fans, only problem was 'Enterprise' just didn't do it for me.
[img3e]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v136/ricsbride/signatures/TrueBloodAds_Season2_006.jpg[/img3e]
Oscar Winner
PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2004 6:36 am
I was hoping for 1-2 more seasons you know... to topple X-Files as the longest running Sci-Fi :( ah well.
[img57]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v494/KindGuy63/FinishedCopy2.jpg[/img57]

[i57]Courtesy of Syl: The views stated above by KindGuy are in no way the views of TVAus or any of its administrators or moderators. They are the sole opinion of KindGuy.[/i57]
Stargate Alien
PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2004 7:30 am
I think Richard Dean Anderson may return to one last showdown, as out of respect for the show he should and that being for the SG1 movie which as I recall was still being "thought about" or "planned". For a while I was thinking that the SG1 movie would work as something to promote Atlantis, as in people who may have never seen SG1 can easily sit down to see the movie, with the movie sucking them right into atlantis, the actors and mgm get lotsa money, atlantis is opened up to more viewers, everybody would be happy that way. But It dont look too likely of that happening.
Legolas : "43"
Gimli : "He was already dead"
Legolas : "He was twitching.."
Gimli: "He was twitching..... because his got my axe embedded in his nervous system!!!!"
Golden Globe Nominee
PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2004 3:18 pm
I reckon youre pretty close to the mark beej Michael Shanks and Chris Judge said in interviews I heard this morning that RDA may go for ninth season Shanks said, dammit Im trying to listen to the tape Judge is talking at the moment...

Judge was asked how he would like to see the series end he said "in a fiery Mothership crash"

MS says he and RDA are in the pilot of Atlantis
Golden Globe Nominee
PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2004 2:03 pm
Catch up with the latest stargate Atlantis news [url=www.gasbo.net/stargate/atlantis.htm][b:e150c92413]here[/b:e150c92413][/url], everyone is hoping for an extra season or 2 of Staragte SG-1
Cash on hand: 17,131.40
Bank: 4,041.00
Mood: Tired
PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2004 4:58 pm
Man you fans are crazy - the poor guy churns out how many seasons of quality sci-fi entertainment for you and you just want more and more! Let the man retire from show biz if he wants!

On the same note, its certainly sad news :( At least Atlantis is there to continue the adventures! :)
Golden Globe Nominee
PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2004 5:14 pm
[quote:529510b1dd="loved_jay"]Man you fans are crazy - the poor guy churns out how many seasons of quality sci-fi entertainment for you and you just want more and more! Let the man retire from show biz if he wants!

On the same note, its certainly sad news :( At least Atlantis is there to continue the adventures! :)[/quote:529510b1dd]

Ah, Jay I see you arent aware who controls whether a season of Stargate SG-1 is made or not, perhaps this may enlighten you...

[b:529510b1dd]Gekko Films Corp[/b:529510b1dd]

"[i:529510b1dd]MICHAEL GREENBURG has executive produced projects with Richard Dean Anderson under their production company banner Gekko Film Corp. since their hit ABC series MacGyver. Gekko Film Corp. has been responsible for many projects including the critically acclaimed series Legend, two successful MacGyver television films, Trail to Doomsday and The Lost Treasure of Atlantis, as well as the CBS television movie In The Eyes of a Stranger and the CBS pilot Firehouse. Greenburg, a graduate of USC School of Cinema, produced the feature film Alan Quartermain and the Lost City of Gold, starring Richard Chamberlain, Sharon Stone and James Earl Jones. He also produced the IMAX film My Strange Uncle, starring Cloris Leachman. His other television credits include The Coltons, The Vegas Strip War, Dixie: Changing Habits and the miniseries The Golden Moment. Greenburg also co-wrote the episodes of STARGATE SG-1 entitled Message in a Bottle, Crystal Skull and Fragile Balance.

Richard Dean Anderson
Executive Producer

Richard Dean Anderson serves as both star of STARGATE SG-1 and one of the show’s Executive Producers. Anderson and business partner Michael Greenburg formed their production company, Gekko Film Corp. after working together on the highly successful series MacGyver. Gekko Film Corp. has produced such projects as the critically acclaimed series Legend, two MacGyver television films for ABC, Trail to Doomsday and The Lost Treasure of Atlantis, the CBS television movie In the Eyes of a Stranger and the CBS pilot Firehouse. Anderson starred and Executive Produced all of these projects.

Gekko Film Corp. produces STARGATE SG-1 along with MGM and Double Secret Productions[/i:529510b1dd]"

Greenburgh and Anderson have the final say as to whether Stargate SG-1 is made each season

There really is no reason for Jack O'Neill to be in the show as much as he used to be, he can go skiing with the family and do cameo appearances which is in all likelihood what will happen

He does also spend a lot of time attending his charity organizations functions to raise money.

Hoping the above may give you a small insight....

lij :D

Cash on hand: 1,563.90
PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2004 5:16 pm
thanks for the update lij - looking good! have they cast the characters yet or did I miss that?
[img3e]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v136/ricsbride/signatures/TrueBloodAds_Season2_006.jpg[/img3e]
Golden Globe Nominee
PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2004 5:26 pm
hey 'bride, the characters have been pretty much cast according to all the unofficial leaks :lol: the actors are yet to be signed on or probably have but its a well kept secret given production starts on 27FEB (what a birthday present for moi :lol:)

Its interesting to note Michael Greenburgh is an exec producer in Atlantis

Did you see the tv/net interview with M Shanks
Next

Return to Sci-Fi & Fantasy